Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Oct 6, 2011 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 500

jclyle

500+ Head-Fier
Has Sennheiser announced when the RS220 will be available in the US? I've searched and can't find any info.

Are there any reviews for these yet? The press release stated September availability.

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 500
I called Sennheiser today. The salesperson I spoke with said he "doesn't know" if the 220's will be available in the US.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 500

Quote:
I called Sennheiser today. The salesperson I spoke with said he "doesn't know" if the 220's will be available in the US.

I'm quite certain it'll be stateside relatively soon.  I don't know the final pricing information yet, though, or specific availability dates.

Sennheiser will be showing the Sennheiser RS220 at CanJam @ RMAF next week.

We have at the office what might be the only RS 220 outside of Sennheiser right now.  It very recently arrived, and, if I had to choose Head-Fi product of the year, this would be my easy choice (at this point in the year anyway, with still a few months to go).  It has floored everyone here who's heard it so far.

I will make a post with first impressions of the RS 220 very soon.

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 500

Quote:

I'm quite certain it'll be stateside relatively soon.  I don't know the final pricing information yet, though, or specific availability dates.

We have at the office what might be the only RS 220 outside of Sennheiser right now.  It very recently arrived, and, if I had to choose Head-Fi product of the year, this would be my easy choice (at this point in the year anyway, with still a few months to go).  It has floored everyone here who's heard it so far.

I am heavily awaiting to hear your impressions. I'd really like to know if it would be worth trading in my HD 650s that I just bought a month ago for the RS 220. The RS 180 didn't impress me.

Oct 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 500

Definitely interested in these. My kids use our RS 170 and 180 so maybe these will be for me! :D If they're looking for US beta testers, count me in.

Jeff

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 500
Plx give first impressions as soon as possible.
It would be enough to just say how they compare to properly amped hd600 / 650  and what their sound signature is like.
gs1000.gif

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 500

Quote:

Hey Jude:
I don't know if this is the HD 600 replacement or not, all I know is that they have something else on the pipeline (right now) Slated for january. The drop in HD 600 replacement. Only problem is, they want 7-800-900$ for it.

The market is effed up. I'm sick of paying 1k for a pair of decent cans. HD 600 was the last bastion of open-can neutrality. Now it's "replacement" is coming... 800-900$ That's what I've been told by various sources anyway.

The market is effed up. Gone are the days of affordability and esoteric sharings. Arrived are the days of Marketing, 600% profits, and hype.

Reality dictates cheap cans can go even farther. (T50rp in particular. I'm just saying that ever since HD 800, which I know for a fact (more than a few sources) was designed to be a 5-600$ can, the market has become sickly...

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #8 of 500

Quote:

Wow very excited to hear that Jude!!!

So it sounds like it's a marked improvement over even the RS180?
The 180's weren't particularly great compared to wired, but def. compared to any wireless at the time.
Although there may have been a new contender in the last yr or so.
I haven't been following closely for about that long. I don't suppose you have the 180 to compare?

Really looking forward to your detailed write-up!

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 500

Quote:
Hey Jude:
I don't know if this is the HD 600 replacement or not, all I know is that they have something else on the pipeline (right now) Slated for january. The drop in HD 600 replacement. Only problem is, they want 7-800-900$ for it.

These are cordless cans using kleer tech, or at least they were on the RS180.
No comparison to the best wired cans, but still very handy for many uses.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #10 of 500
I emailed MusicDirect. They advised they would have access to the 220's on 10/19. Retail price of $599. 

Hopefully we'll get some reviews from CanJam soon.

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #12 of 500
  • 'sees $599.' 

2. Hennyo Lol'd.

3. HD 600 at double the price and looks like a moron would wear it.

4. The headphone market is like the housing market and I'm waiting for the bubble to pop.

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #13 of 500

Quote:
  • 'sees $599.' 

2. Hennyo Lol'd.

3. HD 600 at double the price and looks like a moron would wear it.

4. The headphone market is like the housing market and I'm waiting for the bubble to pop.

Not really sure why'd you'd look like a moron while wearing RS220 and not while wearing any other big opened headphones.  Besides, you dont need an amp with these.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #15 of 500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back