Sennheiser MX series Vs Yuin PK series - 6 earbuds compared and reviewed.
Jul 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #61 of 86
Oh, I must retract what I said earlier about the treble. I was wrong. Now that I own them, this is one Sennheiser definitely not rolled off in the highs. I do have trouble saying if there's a bass bump or not, I haven't had the chance to get good references as of late. 

Oct 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #62 of 86
Hey nice review.  I have the MX 580's.  They sound really good for earbuds.  nice and open sound.  The only other headphones I own are Bose -  Better Sound Through Marketing™ Around Ears, which are ok I SPOSE.  I used to have Shure E2C's (lost them) and the MX580's sound better to me than the E2C's.  Everything has advantages and drawbacks, but for $25, the MX580's can't be beat by anything in the price category, for shure. ha!

The MX580's sound much better when amped through pc speakers, much more full sound, deeper bass, etc.

But, good thing Senn has a 2 year warranty b/c i have a slight buzzing sound when there is deep bass in a song in my left earbud.  No complaints though b/c their warranty covers ANY defects in sound for 2 years!  I'm definately a fan of this company now.

I never auditioned Yuin's, but based on your review, I'm not missing much for the sound quality with the MUCH less costly MX580's.    German Engineering vs Chinese Stuff.  Choice is CLEAR.

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #64 of 86
People who plan to pair Sennheisser Mx 580 earphones with Sansa Clip and Fuze players without amp. probably will be disapointed with sound. Bass isn't prestented well, not clear enough....
My oppinion is that these earphones are great, specially when you consider the price, but they need better source to show all their potential. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #65 of 86
Thank you, good article. I have senn mx 760. Now i know what a step up mx 980 is. Not just cosmetic.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #66 of 86
Thank you very much for the great exciting review swbf2cheater! I'm still a noob when it comes to amping and such. Just gonna ask if you think it still worth it if mx980 is gonna be used in ipod touch without amp? And btw, where do i go to learn more about amping earphones? Are they safe to the drivers? If you can give me just one link, thanks! And dont forget my first question. Thanks!

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #67 of 86
Thank you very much for the great exciting review swbf2cheater! I'm still a noob when it comes to amping and such. Just gonna ask if you think it still worth it if mx980 is gonna be used in ipod touch without amp? And btw, where do i go to learn more about amping earphones? Are they safe to the drivers? If you can give me just one link, thanks! And dont forget my first question. Thanks!

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #68 of 86

Quote:
Thank you very much for the great exciting review swbf2cheater! I'm still a noob when it comes to amping and such. Just gonna ask if you think it still worth it if mx980 is gonna be used in ipod touch without amp? 

These can be used without an amplifier and will sound great. With an amplifier, they will sound a tad bit better, but I do not think it is worth buying an amp just for them.

Quote:
And btw, where do i go to learn more about amping earphones? Are they safe to the drivers? If you can give me just one link, thanks! And dont forget my first question. Thanks!

Amps are perfectly safe as long as you use common sense and do not crank the volume up like crazy. It will be worse for your ears than the earbuds themselves though.

Information about headphone amps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphone_amplifier

Read this portable amp review:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/214588/review-portable-amp-roundup-56-portable-amps-reviewed-and-compared-final-update-12-20-10-added-rsa-sr-71b

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #69 of 86
thanks Szadzik! :) I'm just worried because I hear a clipping or distorted sound on my MX-471 and MX560 whenever i set the EQ on my ipod nano 4th gen to bass booster or even like acoustic so I feel like stressing the drivers much. Is it? or it's just the poor EQing of nano. I really dunno where to start about amps, thanks for the links man! :)

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #70 of 86

Quote:
thanks Szadzik! :) I'm just worried because I hear a clipping or distorted sound on my MX-471 and MX560 whenever i set the EQ on my ipod nano 4th gen to bass booster or even like acoustic so I feel like stressing the drivers much. Is it? or it's just the poor EQing of nano. I really dunno where to start about amps, thanks for the links man! :)

You hear ticking because the buds are not able to handle the bass you apply and because iPod EQ is not great, not even good. If you want more bass, buy buds with more bass.

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #72 of 86
I'd recommend the sony e10lp before I'd recommend the Pk3 or the Pk2 lol :p

its only $10 and its just a mini Sunrise Charm for $60 less.  If you are cool with blue or pink lol, you can snag it for like 4 bucks on amazon lol, dont let the prices fool you.  The e10lp is only a few steps down from the Sunrise Charm that is $70 new, both sound VERY similar.  

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #73 of 86
sorry for not agreeing with you about the e10lp.
i bought them before i bought the k312 and mx 471. and i must say I HATE them . not comfortable at all and hurts my ears with that "ergonomic" design. yes, i admit they stay put on the ears, though. 
but for me even the k312's SQ it's waaay better, not to mention the 471.
unfortunably it's the second sony's phones that i got, and im really dissapointed about the comfort of both

but good to know that the charm has a similar sound , so i wont buy them

and i totally agree with you about "dont let the prices fool you" the k312 are cheaper than many buds (at least now), and sound terrific. it just the signature that i like

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #74 of 86

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/531063/quick-guide-comparison-and-ranks-top-11-earbuds

The sonys are incredibly uncomfortable, but they sound excellent.  My guide isn't about the cheapest sets or just a ranking of the most expensive, its a best bang for your buck and the best earbuds for the price.  The sony e10lp compares well to sets 5x their price.  I rate them better than the Yuin Pk3 and the MX580, I'd much prefer the set up of the sony over these two.  While the soundstage of the pk3 and mx580 is better and comfort is much nicer, thats all they have over a $7 set of earbuds lol

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #75 of 86
didnt see that review before pretty good and helpful
. at least we agree about comfort...
and about the price of the sony, i paid around $12 (on sale!)

well, i gave them a try today ,and yes, no-comfort . but SQ you're right, quite good and i even heard some details i didnt before, but only in quite places
still, for me no-comf = useless.
but besides the price of the i think the k312 ($20) sound better
anyway it's good to have different opinions

btw, do u have any iem guide? i want to get more opinions for a few iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back