Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2
Sep 18, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #91 of 118
Firmware update to 4.13

Users are reporting better sound on reddit. Also there is a noise indication when you turn ANC on or off. Here are the list of upgrades:

jgqilo130an51.jpg

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #95 of 118
Hey all,
New MTW 2 owner here. Anyone notice burn in changes ?

Yes - in mine the most notable improvement was in the mids. Can't say how many hours, but a few weeks in, there was a significant change. I also recommend using memory foam tips for better isolation and low end. I am using the Comply Sport Pro, fits nicely in the case.

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #96 of 118
Yes - in mine the most notable improvement was in the mids. Can't say how many hours, but a few weeks in, there was a significant change. I also recommend using memory foam tips for better isolation and low end. I am using the Comply Sport Pro, fits nicely in the case.
Great, thanks. I was also eyeing the foam tips. At the moment, the mids are fine for me. Everything sounds balanced and really spacious.
I've heard the memory foam tips break/tear prematurely, after a month or so. How is your experience with it ?

Oct 1, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #97 of 118
I've heard the memory foam tips break/tear prematurely, after a month or so. How is your experience with it ?

I have learnt to be a bit careful with how I treat them, so I'm up to about 3-4 months usage on a pair now. A bit of cleaning now and then, and also, be sure to compact the tip properly before inserting it. If you feel resistance when putting in a tip, that is when it will fray and crack a little. They are much less convenient than silicone tips, but the sound is my first priority.

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #98 of 118
It's hard to judge any "burn in" changes with these as the sound signature itself has changed quite a bit over the last couple of firmware updates, I feel. So, any perceived change regarding their sound might very likely have more to do with that than actual burn in...

Oct 30, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #99 of 118
Everyone seems to loose their mind just because this one Youtuber claimed that they didn't sound as good.

Whilst almost every single other review out there are praising them.

Personally I think they sound incredible (for a true wireless).

But better yet, make your own opinion, order from a site like Amazon were you can return them.

If you liked the Gen 1, there's no reason not to try these.

The same guy that complained about them on his YouTube channel gave them further criticism just because they didn't support multipoint. When there's not a single other TWS with a qualcomm ship that got that feature.
True words. I did also see, that the aptX TWS don't support multipoint or individual pairing to the source. Is that a Qualcomm hardware limitation?

Lots of discussion on this over in the true wireless thread. I give the edge in sq to the mw07 but not by much and many would disagree. The senns fit me better, have slightly better ANC. Also the mw07 plus and go do not support AAC if that matters to you. Big oversight.
My MTW2 should arrive today. Just curious about the MW07 Plus because those would be my next try if the MTW2 don't fit in my ears. Why do you give them the win for sound?
I heard a lot of people saying the opposite, but in the past I saw that a lot as well for any kind of music device and it often just boiled down to "more fun" = "better sound". Since I'm listening to classical music quite a lot that opposite way was mostly the way to go for me because that meant reduced bass and therefore did fit my needs way better.

Would love your thoughts on that.

EDIT1: A few thoughts on the MTW2
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sen...-wireless-2-mtw2.927701/page-10#post-15952590

EDIT2: Anyone here with a nice EQ setting for classical music on the MTW2?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #101 of 118
Nov 14, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #102 of 118
Well I get it if you're a mac user, but for me multipoint is pointless if im stuck with SBC instead of APTX.
I totally get your point. But I mainly want some more critical listening when at home using it with my PC (where I can push SBC and AAC to it's limits, which is actually quite good and I can still use them for incoming calls). And on the go I'm mainly in a bus or train and therefore the sound isn't that important anyways due to engine noise.

Nov 28, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #103 of 118
Got my MTW2's today and I must say wow, not bad for the size and comfort, coming from the WF-1000XM3's. I will sell the Sony's and keep the MTW2's, been using these for gaming on pc too lol, slight delay but dayum, I love the pin point precision.

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #105 of 118
I've purchased MTW2 and figured out - if i power off fully charged (100%) buds and stay them without box, they become 80% after 15 hours. Is it norm? I can return them back till Tuesday.

If you mean just the buds without the charging case then it should be normal. They will only go in kind of a standby mode that way but will definitely drain a bit nonetheless. So showing 80% after 15 hours out of the case is normal, yes. But why would you leave them out of the charging case for that long when not in use? Just put them in the case when you don't use them for a longer period of time and you will be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back