Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
Aug 3, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #61 of 104
I would rate them a 6/10 in ANC. It's not enough for my needs despite being my favorite sound from a TWS so far. The MTW2 I'd rate a solid 9/10 for ANC. The AKG N4k might also be worth a try.

I owning the mtw2 before and the anc is terrible, with almost no difference when is on or off. And this is same opinion of many comments in Amazon. The battery is bad too because is not giving the maximum time saying in specifications with mid volume. With mw07 plus the battery is giving almost double with one charge.

The mw07 plus anc is better but isn't very good/strong either. The mtw2 having better passive isolation (when the anc off) than mw07 plus because the design of the earpieces is giving more isolation and maybe this giving impression anc is better. When I owning mtw2 I'm never sure the difference when anc on or off! Is really disastrous. Again, more people sharing the same opinion of anc in many verified purchases in Amazon in different countries.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #62 of 104
Anyone able to confirm that AAC does work with these earbuds? I have the M&D MW60 and while they don't list AAC as a supported codec I know the it works with AAC connection on my iPhone. I'm wondering if the same is the case for the MW07.

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #64 of 104
I just got my hands on them (MW07 plus) today. Yet to listen to them critically, plus figuring out how to get the right fit, but initial impressions are quite promising - seems to be more neutral (maybe a tad bright?) relative to the momentums 2 which I had, and seems to have a faster driver as well.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #66 of 104
Hey there,

I received my Sennheiser MTW2 a few days ago and I really like them, but I would prefer something with less bass for classical music.

Is it worth to go for the MW07?
And are the Beoplay E8 3.0 worth it?

And because you guys seemed to have similar thoughts in this thread: @angelom @monsieurfromag3 @killrforehand @clerkpalmer

I'm sorry I only seeing your post today.

For me the mw07 Plus is better. Is not neutral (the mtw2 isn't either) but the bass is more clean and fast and the high frequencies have boost that isn't offensive and is great for classical music because is good quality treble. The mtw2 can sounding muddy in comparison.

Then you having too the benefits of excellent physical controls and many, many more hours of battery life in the earphones and the charging case.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #67 of 104
I'm sorry I only seeing your post today.

For me the mw07 Plus is better. Is not neutral (the mtw2 isn't either) but the bass is more clean and fast and the high frequencies have boost that isn't offensive and is great for classical music because is good quality treble. The mtw2 can sounding muddy in comparison.

Then you having too the benefits of excellent physical controls and many, many more hours of battery life in the earphones and the charging case.
Thanks for the answers man.
They just arrived and after a few minutes of playback I have to say, they're worth considering over the MTW2. I'll write more in a few days.

Do you also have quite some hiss when no music is playing?
The MTW2 also have some hiss, but extremely subtle. Nearly not noticeable. The MW07+ hiss is quite obvious though. That's really sad.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #68 of 104
the AKG N400 is brilliant sound quality wise, no hiss.
the ANC is next to usless and the control is a bit finicky

the AKG N400 is your choice when sound quality is the top priority, if ANC is more important, go sony.

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #70 of 104
They just arrived and after a few minutes of playback I have to say, they're worth considering over the MTW2. I'll write more in a few days.

The MTW2 also have some hiss, but extremely subtle. Nearly not noticeable. The MW07+ hiss is quite obvious though. That's really sad.

Hello Kalli.

I don't using my mw07 plus very much for a long time because I using full size (anc) wireless headphones more and more, or my normal AirPods (not Pro version) for podcasts for convenience of the fit and hearing my surroundings. But I using the mw07 many hours and I don't remember that hiss is a problem at all. Never. I think nobody mentioning this in this thread either. Maybe is good asking for replacement or contacting the manufacturer first. I think still the mw07 plus is excellent wireless IEM in many respects.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #71 of 104

I use the mw07 plus daily. I have two separate pairs. No hiss whatsoever with either.

Nov 14, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #72 of 104
I really like the MW07+ sound. It simply beats the crap out of the MTW2. Sadly I need to connect to two devices at the same time at least and I cannot live without that feature. :)
So I'm stuck with AAC I guess. Any suggestions for that purpose?

Here are still a few thoughts on the MW07+:
  • Tips are pretty big, as others already said. Just use one size smaller than normally.
  • It feels more like a speaker version of an IEM, if that makes any sense.
  • While being quite bassy it's fast and precise and I like it.
  • The case hinge is wobbly. That shouldn't happen in this price range. Making the hinge wider and all metal would help a lot I guess.
  • A matte finish on the case would be awesome. Or even burnt/heated titanium. :)
  • Cannot get the microphone to work with my PC.
  • No app at all (no firmware updates, no customizable controls, no ANC/ambient levels, no EQ).
  • Really good physical controls.
  • Getting them out of the case is a bit tricky.
  • Notable hiss.
Hoping for a nice upgrade on the potential successor. With multi-pair I probably would have kept them.

@angelom @woodcans

EDIT1: As mentioned below, the 10h + 30h battery life on the MW07+ is outstanding.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #73 of 104
Hoping for a nice upgrade on the potential predecessor. With multi-pair I probably would have kept them.

I think you want saying successor not predecessor. :)

Notable hiss.

I think this is problem with your pair. This is a surprise because hiss is never a problem with my pair, like I saying before.

Cannot get the microphone to work with my PC.

I think the majority of true wireless earphones can't connecting with 2 devices. Even the new Bose QC Earbuds don't doing this. If you have Apple computer with new MacOS Big Sur, the AirPods 2nd Gen and AirPods Pro connecting to 2 Apple devices seamlessly. I have AirPods 2G and MacBook Pro and is working perfectly. The microphone is working perfectly too.

Getting them out of the case is a bit tricky.

With little practice this isn't really a problem.

The case hinge is wobbly. That shouldn't happen in this price range.

This is very minor. Yes, is moving but only very little.

You forgetting speaking about the excellent battery life of the earphones (10 hours) plus 30 hours extra in the case.

For buying a true wireless IEM with all the things you wanting isn't easy. Some months ago when you asking this the first time in shure aonic 50 thread I suggesting AirPods Pro as best option of general package because of many things, one of this is excellent ANC too.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #74 of 104
I think you want saying successor not predecessor. :)

I think this is problem with your pair. This is a surprise because hiss is never a problem with my pair, like I saying before.

I think the majority of true wireless earphones can't connecting with 2 devices. Even the new Bose QC Earbuds don't doing this. If you have Apple computer with new MacOS Big Sur, the AirPods 2nd Gen and AirPods Pro connecting to 2 Apple devices seamlessly. I have AirPods 2G and MacBook Pro and is working perfectly. The microphone is working perfectly too.

With little practice this isn't really a problem.

This is very minor. Yes, is moving but only very little.

You forgetting speaking about the excellent battery life of the earphones (10 hours) plus 30 hours extra in the case.

For buying a true wireless IEM with all the things you wanting isn't easy. Some months ago when you asking this the first time in shure aonic 50 thread I suggesting AirPods Pro as best option of general package because of many things, one of this is excellent ANC too.
Thanks a lot for those detailed answers. And yes I already fixed the typo. :)

And yes, I did mention the APP already in another thread I think. But I also think the Jabra Elite 85t should be what I'm looking for as long as they can be EQed with lower bass. At least until Bluetooth 5.2 and new Qualcomm chips bring multi pairing to aptX (or anything else better than AAC and SBC).
When commuting the extremely detailed sound isn't important to me anyways, due to engine noises sucking up a lot of the detail anyways. And when at home I'm mainly listening connected to my PC, where I'm able to push AAC and SBC to it's limits, which bring at least SBC pretty close to aptX HD.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #75 of 104
Thanks a lot for those detailed answers. And yes I already fixed the typo. :)

And yes, I did mention the APP already in another thread I think. But I also think the Jabra Elite 85t should be what I'm looking for as long as they can be EQed with lower bass. At least until Bluetooth 5.2 and new Qualcomm chips bring multi pairing to aptX (or anything else better than AAC and SBC).
When commuting the extremely detailed sound isn't important to me anyways, due to engine noises sucking up a lot of the detail anyways. And when at home I'm mainly listening connected to my PC, where I'm able to push AAC and SBC to it's limits, which bring at least SBC pretty close to aptX HD.

I trying the jabra elite 85t before, when is soon out in the market, and even with the eq in the app, the sound for me isn't sufficient good. And battery life is similar with AirPods (5 hours in the iems and 25 total with the case). I don't trying the microphone because I'm not happy with the sound and the playback controls (you know this is very important aspect for me). But maybe this iem is good for you. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back