Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
Nov 18, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #76 of 104
So, I switched to the MW07 (non-plus) and I'll use them as a placeholder until something really nice appears. I picked them up for about 60€ from amazon.de if you guys are interested.

My question is for all those MW07 versions though:
Is it possible to remove the auto-pause feature? Since there is no app, I thought I can tape the sensor. I used a thermal tape, which is solid black, but that doesn't work. Any ideas how to do that, or what kind of sensor that is?

And does the inside of the charging case has to smell like batteries? That doesn't seem to be normal.

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #77 of 104
So, I switched to the MW07 (non-plus) and I'll use them as a placeholder until something really nice appears. I picked them up for about 60€ from amazon.de if you guys are interested.

My question is for all those MW07 versions though:
Is it possible to remove the auto-pause feature? Since there is no app, I thought I can tape the sensor. I used a thermal tape, which is solid black, but that doesn't work. Any ideas how to do that, or what kind of sensor that is?

And does the inside of the charging case has to smell like batteries? That doesn't seem to be normal.

I think maybe you can using very small piece of sellotape for blocking the sensors.

When I having the old mw07 I don't remember strange smell at all. So, yes, the is strange with your pair. Maybe this is the reason is extremely cheap?

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #78 of 104
I think maybe you can using very small piece of sellotape for blocking the sensors.

When I having the old mw07 I don't remember strange smell at all. So, yes, the is strange with your pair. Maybe this is the reason is extremely cheap?
I don't think sellotape works. I used something like that and it didn't work. https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/315lJ6PwLqL.jpg

It is officially sold and shipped by Amazon Germany. I doubt, that they sell faulty units at a discount without mentioning it. Even with mentioning it that would be extremely weird. A replacement unit should arrive tomorrow.

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #79 of 104
I don't think sellotape works. I used something like that and it didn't work

Is strange that isn't working with the black sellotape! Is more strange because one problem the mw07 (not Plus version) is having is that the pause and play feature isn't working always correctly. This isn't a problem with more new mw07 Plus model.

It is officially sold and shipped by Amazon Germany. I doubt, that they sell faulty units at a discount without mentioning it. Even with mentioning it that would be extremely weird. A replacement unit should arrive tomorrow.

This is good news that you buying directly from Amazon. I'm sure the new pair will not having the same problem. Good luck!

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #82 of 104
I came from the awful heavy Sony's, the uncomfortable Senn TW M2 and these are just a bit too bright for me in the mid range argh. Anything which has this battery life and comfyness without that harshnes? Or ear tips than can dampen it? I already using foam. I removed these fins and I think they are more comfy this way. Still need to use them as daily driver properly.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #83 of 104
I made a full in-depth review about the MW07GO, the sport and portable ones :)

Loving those ones, and using them myself daily. Still kicking. I needed a sport kinda TWS to run with, so this review reveals what I think about them

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...e-master-dynamic-mw07-go-tws-iems-review.html
Master-Dynamic-MW07-GO-Sport-Wireless-Bluetooth-TWS-Earphone-IEM-aptX-5.0-IPX6-Audiophile-Heav...jpg

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #84 of 104
I trying the jabra elite 85t before, when is soon out in the market, and even with the eq in the app, the sound for me isn't sufficient good. And battery life is similar with AirPods (5 hours in the iems and 25 total with the case). I don't trying the microphone because I'm not happy with the sound and the playback controls (you know this is very important aspect for me). But maybe this iem is good for you. Good luck!
Just got the 85t and there was a firmware update. Sound is actually amazing. I would say nearly on par with Sony XM3 earbuds. The bass is not as boomy or pervasive as the 75t. The sound is a tad warm but can easily EQ up the last 2 bands on the equalizer and drop the mids a tiny bit and they sound great. Larger and more airy Soundstage. Suggest you try these again. I amquite impressed.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #85 of 104
So, I have owned the MW07 GO for a year or so - and absolutely love it. But I just bought the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 renewed from Amazon with the full intention of just trying it out and returning it... and once I found the fitting eartips, I was blown away. These sound like the Sony overhead headphones I've had a long time ago, meaning they have such wide soundstage at least compared to any TWS earphones I've listened to before. And because of the EQ app for the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2, you really can EQ the heck out of it to your music preference - mine's currently set to a "Professional" EQ mode by Riley Mackin. The sub-bass is really quite overwhelming and the clarity of the singer's voice simulates a live concert. I can hear all the timbre in the voices so vividly, it's scary. Instrumental separation is just phenomenal - guitars from 45 degrees front left, bass from 45 degrees front right...etc. Only bad thing is that these are bulkier and sticks out of a lot more than the MW07, so I'll keep the MW07 for working out and the Liberty Pro 2 for other type of more critical listening. I know the LP2's have two driver (dynamic driver and balanced armature) - and I've owned a Shure SE425 before (which have a similar construct I believe... might be 2 BA's actually for that one) and I know this might be blasphemy... but LP2's sound way better than the WIRED SE425.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #86 of 104
So, I have owned the MW07 GO for a year or so - and absolutely love it. But I just bought the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 renewed from Amazon with the full intention of just trying it out and returning it... and once I found the fitting eartips, I was blown away. These sound like the Sony overhead headphones I've had a long time ago, meaning they have such wide soundstage at least compared to any TWS earphones I've listened to before. And because of the EQ app for the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2, you really can EQ the heck out of it to your music preference - mine's currently set to a "Professional" EQ mode by Riley Mackin. The sub-bass is really quite overwhelming and the clarity of the singer's voice simulates a live concert. I can hear all the timbre in the voices so vividly, it's scary. Instrumental separation is just phenomenal - guitars from 45 degrees front left, bass from 45 degrees front right...etc. Only bad thing is that these are bulkier and sticks out of a lot more than the MW07, so I'll keep the MW07 for working out and the Liberty Pro 2 for other type of more critical listening. I know the LP2's have two driver (dynamic driver and balanced armature) - and I've owned a Shure SE425 before (which have a similar construct I believe... might be 2 BA's actually for that one) and I know this might be blasphemy... but LP2's sound way better than the WIRED SE425.
The LP2 is pretty nice but I don't think the SQ reaches or bests the MW07. The bass and sub bass is overwhelming to the point of needing to EQ it down significantly. They are fun a headphone for sure but I would probably do the exact opposite as you - MW07 for anything critical and LP2 for sports/fun. I was using them as my bike headset for a while but there was too much wind noise. They are great for the price but don't hold a candle to the MW07 overall. Once the newness wears off and that bass bloat and bleeding gets to you, let us know if you still feel that way about them. The MW07 is just about perfect in terms of tonality for me.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #87 of 104
The LP2 is pretty nice but I don't think the SQ reaches or bests the MW07. The bass and sub bass is overwhelming to the point of needing to EQ it down significantly. They are fun a headphone for sure but I would probably do the exact opposite as you - MW07 for anything critical and LP2 for sports/fun. I was using them as my bike headset for a while but there was too much wind noise. They are great for the price but don't hold a candle to the MW07 overall. Once the newness wears off and that bass bloat and bleeding gets to you, let us know if you still feel that way about them. The MW07 is just about perfect in terms of tonality for me.
I'll let you know - but the soundstage and instrument separation is definitely better on LP2. I think the instrument separation is attributable to the BA drivers. If you prefer perfectly flat and even tonality (like most audiophiles would - I can't say I'm an audiophile haha), then MW07 definitely takes the cake. Even then, I still think MW07 has a slight emphasis on the mids at least to my ears. LP2 is more of a "V" shaped earbuds that are fun to listen too. I definitely brought the mids forward and toned down the bass and the treble, because I thought there was a bit of sibilance from the harsh trebles. I agree the bass and sub-bass is overwhelming and needs to be EQ'ed down!

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #88 of 104

Your description of the LP2 is very, very similar of how I remember this earphones. Is nice for the price, yes, but nothing comparing with MW07 (Plus or Go). I returning quickly for the reasons you describing.

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #89 of 104
If you're looking for a premium TWS IEM, the MW07Plus from Master & Dynamic is one of the best I can recomment!! Huge battery life, paired with a dynamic sound, excellent maximum loudness, and good connectivity make this a really good option if you're into premium!

The best part is the aesthetic, as this is one good-looking IEM with many color options to chose from!!

Read more about how it compares with other IEMs, even wired ones, in my full written review ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/02/best-of-anc-tws-master-dynamic-mw07plus-iems.html

Master-Dynamic-MW-07-PLUS-MW07PLUS-TWS-Earphones-IEMs-aptX-LDAC-iPX5-Bluetooth-5.0-Audiophile-...jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back