Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2
Mar 15, 2020 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 118

C_Lindbergh

Headphoneus Supremus
Unrivalled stereo sound

From classical to contemporary, every music genre is enhanced by the bespoke 7 mm dynamic drivers of the new MOMENTUM True Wireless 2 earbuds thanks to its deep bass, natural mids and clear, detailed treble. Plus, you can now tailor your listening experience with built-in equalizers and enjoy amazing sound quality on your terms.

Your sound. Your focus.
Concentrate on the right thing at the right time with the MOMENTUM True Wireless 2.

Switch off your surroundings and dive into that impactful song, important episode or impromptu call with the new Active Noise Cancellation feature. Working in tandem with the earbuds’ excellent passive noise isolation, you now get to enjoy incredible high-fidelity sound even in noisy environments.

Then seamlessly bring your focus back and listen to what’s around you thanks to Transparent Hearing.

Comfortable all-day listening

Up to 28 hours play time
Experience uninterrupted play time with the new
7-hour battery life that can be extended up to 28 hours
with the charging case.

Improved ergonomic design
In the mood for a movie marathon? With its ergonomic
design, you can experience unbeatable sound in
unbelievable comfort.

Intuitive to your needs

Customizable controls
Control your volume, music and calls with customisable touchpad technology built into both earbuds.
Voice Assistant support
Easily activate Google Assistant and Apple Siri at the touch of a button and hear their replies loud and clear.
Smart pause
Never miss a second of your favorite song. Smart Pause automatically stops when your earbuds are removed and seamlessly resumes when you put them back.

Carefully designed. Confidently delivered.
IPX4 rated
Enjoy outstanding audio experience no matter where you are with IPX4 splash resistant design.
Craftsmanship
Exquisite craftsmanship, with a beautiful design now available in an all new white and grey color scheme as well as classic black.

365709-640.jpg

B9aRsR2ofyykqkPrwNRMHA-480-80.jpg

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentumtruewireless-2

Release date: April 2020

Post your thoughts and impressions here.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 118
Did they fix the battery drain issue when its on standby?

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 118
Had the first gen. The battery drain issue was a huge flaw for such an expensive product. The comfort was bad as well for my ears. Not going to give a second gen another chance. I'm sick of those fast product lifecycles. The manufactures should get their expensive premium products right from the start.

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 118
Had the first gen. The battery drain issue was a huge flaw for such an expensive product. The comfort was bad as well for my ears. Not going to give a second gen another chance. I'm sick of those fast product lifecycles. The manufactures should get their expensive premium products right from the start.

I can understand your train of thought. I managed to return my MK I, I was overall really happy about everything except the battery drain and battery life, both which seems to be solved.

But yeah, its sad that a company like Sennheiser requires another generation to get a new product area right.

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 118
Let's hope the battery drain problem is really solved. I will wait until review sites shows good noise cancelling performances. I didn't like the bulk of the iem, the way it sticks out. Galaxy buds size would be more ideal. Currently rocking AirPods Pro due to size and fit (doesn't feel like anything on). It's good to see battery life being stretched.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 118
Let's hope the battery drain problem is really solved. I will wait until review sites shows good noise cancelling performances. I didn't like the bulk of the iem, the way it sticks out. Galaxy buds size would be more ideal. Currently rocking AirPods Pro due to size and fit (doesn't feel like anything on). It's good to see battery life being stretched.

I guess the bulkiness is the price we have to pay for the sound quality being delivered, but at least they're smaller than gen 1

Mar 27, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #8 of 118
I have been using the Jabra 75T since the beginning of the year and they have been performing really well but I have been waiting for these. I do hope that they have fixed the battery drain as well as improving the comfort on the inside of the ear as I found the previous version uncomfortable inside my outer ear. The sound of the previous version was the best that I have heard in a True Wireless set though and I am really tempted to get these just for the sound quality..

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #11 of 118
I heard a well-respected YouTube audio reviewer say that the soundstage is narrower and bass held back compared to Senn TWS generation 1's. Thoughts on that?

Everyone seems to loose their mind just because this one Youtuber claimed that they didn't sound as good.

Whilst almost every single other review out there are praising them.

Personally I think they sound incredible (for a true wireless).

But better yet, make your own opinion, order from a site like Amazon were you can return them.

If you liked the Gen 1, there's no reason not to try these.

The same guy that complained about them on his YouTube channel gave them further criticism just because they didn't support multipoint. When there's not a single other TWS with a qualcomm ship that got that feature.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #13 of 118
Would love to hear people's reviews on the microphone and whether it's actually improved compared to Gen 1. Mixed review online on the microphones.

For me:

Improvements:

Battery Life
ANC
Custom touch controls
Slightly smaller case
Slightly better fit
Side tone (really helpful during calls)

The same:
Sound Quality (which is good)
Call quality (which is bad)

But I can't A and B test these since I dont own the Gen 1 anymore. The last True Wireless that I tried before these was the Jabra 75t, and these blow the Jabras out of the water when it comes to sound quality.

Also no battery drain, which I don't count as an improvement since it was a major design flaw in the first gen.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #14 of 118
do the controls work with gloves? Ive been using the jabra 65t in rain and snow, and still works. These momentums have the minimum rating.

These are tempting, im guessing no one has compared them to the mavin air x, currently my best for sq.

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 118
do the controls work with gloves? Ive been using the jabra 65t in rain and snow, and still works. These momentums have the minimum rating.

These are tempting, im guessing no one has compared them to the mavin air x, currently my best for sq.

Nope... Unless you got one of those special gloves with an touch area on the fingertips, thats why I also prefer physical buttons like the Jabra's.

But on the other hand these are deffo among of the best touch controls i've ever tried on a pair of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back