Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2
Mar 3, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #107 of 118
I had some Momentum TW1's and LOVED them but unfortunately the left-ear started having issues. I've now replaced them with TW2 and am now getting familiar. I have to say, so far these are a great update! SQ is fantastic and I'm finding them much more comfortable due to the size difference.
The the only drawback I've just found is that call quality is all over the place - this was never an issue with the 1st gen. I connected them to my Win10 laptop and used them for some video meetings and whilst I sound great to everyone on the call, the sound I get is like it's glitchy/digital noise and moving from right to left ear. Really distracting.
I've tried them on some mobile phone voice calls and one call sounded fine - nice and centred/clear and another started to do the digital noise thing.

I am on the latest FW update. Any ideas? I use these a lot for work calls so really need these to just work. Thanks!

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #109 of 118
I had the same issue and I returned them to the seller.
Thanks for confirming! Good to know my pair isn't faulty. Hopefully something they can resolve in a FW update - we'll see!

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #110 of 118
I had some Momentum TW1's and LOVED them but unfortunately the left-ear started having issues. I've now replaced them with TW2 and am now getting familiar. I have to say, so far these are a great update! SQ is fantastic and I'm finding them much more comfortable due to the size difference.
The the only drawback I've just found is that call quality is all over the place - this was never an issue with the 1st gen. I connected them to my Win10 laptop and used them for some video meetings and whilst I sound great to everyone on the call, the sound I get is like it's glitchy/digital noise and moving from right to left ear. Really distracting.
I've tried them on some mobile phone voice calls and one call sounded fine - nice and centred/clear and another started to do the digital noise thing.

I am on the latest FW update. Any ideas? I use these a lot for work calls so really need these to just work. Thanks!

Never had this issue. I have never used these connected to a Windows machine but use them on my phone daily to listen to music. I don't take calls on them daily but when I have these in I take the call on them - have taken numerous calls with these when walking my dog and never had an issue of any kind. Folks can't usually tell I'm even outside, except for a few really windy days, I'd get comments on the wind. I've had these since last April and have kept the firmware updated, always work good.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #111 of 118
Interesting! I've taken a few calls on my phone and the effect is definitely minimized but still find the sounds shifting between ears in a bit of a robotic tone. Turning the volume down makes it less apparent. On Windows video calls however, it is just out of control!

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #112 of 118
Hmm..not sure what I've done but now I can't get the Mic to work on Windows 10. I've removed them completely, restarted and then sync up to Momentum TW 2. In sounds I now have 'headset' & 'headphones'. The headphones are working for audio, but don't show up in recording, only the 'headset' does. In testing it in Webex, it doesn't actually bring in any audio.
I've added/removed multiple times but still can't get the mic to work!

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #113 of 118
Hmm..not sure what I've done but now I can't get the Mic to work on Windows 10. I've removed them completely, restarted and then sync up to Momentum TW 2. In sounds I now have 'headset' & 'headphones'. The headphones are working for audio, but don't show up in recording, only the 'headset' does. In testing it in Webex, it doesn't actually bring in any audio.
I've added/removed multiple times but still can't get the mic to work!

Not sure if that is a Windows issue or a Senn issue. However if you want true wireless buds to take a lot of calls, the Jabra line is probably better. The Senns are known to be good enough at calls, but it's not something they are known to excel at.

Mar 17, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #115 of 118
I don't have any links to a comparison review but I had the original and then got a fault with the left ear. Due to issues with a replacement I got a MTW2 instead.
After doing the latest FW update , while I now can't do an A/B test and I am finding the MTW2 as good as the first and maybe even a bit better! I was worried after what I read they would be a step back. Def not the case.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #116 of 118
I don't have any links to a comparison review but I had the original and then got a fault with the left ear. Due to issues with a replacement I got a MTW2 instead.
After doing the latest FW update , while I now can't do an A/B test and I am finding the MTW2 as good as the first and maybe even a bit better! I was worried after what I read they would be a step back. Def not the case.
What are the sonic differences between them, if any?

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #117 of 118
They are VERY close. If anything I would say perhaps treble is a little bit smoother on the new ones.
They also added a 'high end tuning' setting that brings their signature close to the IE800's via DSPand I really like this, it's less V shaped and a bit more natural. Good to have the option.

The only drawback I've had with the new ones is the call quality.

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #118 of 118
They are VERY close. If anything I would say perhaps treble is a little bit smoother on the new ones.
They also added a 'high end tuning' setting that brings their signature close to the IE800's via DSPand I really like this, it's less V shaped and a bit more natural. Good to have the option.

The only drawback I've had with the new ones is the call quality.
That was very helpful. Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back