Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2
Apr 13, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #31 of 118
Seems to be a consistent statement that the new model has less soundstage.

The soundstage high treble was what stood out to me on the Mtw1.

It was way ahead of the competition for that aspect. It losing that means I probably won't update to the new model.

I own the Noble Falcon, the B&O h8, and the Seinhesser mtw 1. The soundstage and imaging is best in the Seinhesser.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #32 of 118
The MTW2 have just as much high treble as the 1st gen.
The connection nightmare on the 1st gen is also gone.
The 1st gen are very good no doubt but the 2 gen just edges it for me.

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #33 of 118
Agree, the 2nd version is way better than the 1st. I'm actually finding the bass to be more musical and the detail in the highs are there in all their glory.

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #34 of 118
Seems the battery drain still exist for mtw2,
I disconnected to blue tooth with 30% left, not put in case, after one day, no power at all!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #35 of 118
I ordered these from Amazon but they're backordered. They should be coming on Saturday which isn't too bad but the wait is killing me. Can't wait to try them out! They'll be my first pair of true wireless buds.

Apr 20, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 118
So I got my pair but I'm a little disappointed. However, I think the issues I'm having are more to do with me than with the earbuds themselves.

These aren't comfortable, then again most IEMs aren't for me. Surprisingly the Airpods Pros fit really well; I think it's the oval shape of their tips. I just ordered Comply foam tips since none of the silicone tips provided a comfortable seal for me.

I hear a channel imbalance but I'm struggling to figure out if it's the earbuds or if it's actually my own hearing that's off. It's driving me crazy. My left and right ear canals are slightly different so I'm wonder if that's what's making the right earbud to sound clearer and louder. This could also be result of inconsistent fit and seal between my ears.

I'm hoping those Comply tips fix these issues. If I still notice a channel imbalance I'll get an exchange or maybe end up returning the earbuds altogether.

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #37 of 118
So I've had the Comply foam tips for a few days but unfortunately fitment is still an issue. My right ear canal is just too weird. My left, however, has had no issues with either the Comply or original silicone tips.

I'm not experiencing the channel imbalance anymore. I think it was more of an acclimation coming from full-sized headphones to IEMs with my asymmetrical ears.

Does anyone know of any oval silicone ear tips? Could I maybe rig the AirPods Pros tips to fit the MTW2? Unless I can find oval tips it looks like I'll be sending these back unfortunately. Which is a shame because the SQ is decently pleasant for wireless IEMs and the design and features are all good. It's just not worth $300 if they don't fit right and are a hassle to insert. I might consider getting AirPods Pros instead but the SQ and presentation was whatever from my initial impressions.

Apr 25, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #40 of 118
Been using mine for a couple of weeks now & am finding them very good except the noise cancelling, I don't find it make much difference at all.
It's very very weak.
I agree with this. The ANC seems very weak. I was beginning to wonder if something is wrong with them.

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #43 of 118
The passive isolation with the Mtw1 for me is really good. And that is using the small tips that came with them.

Probably should have maintained that route.

Are you sure you have a good fit.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #44 of 118
I got my pair only a few days ago, and have already gotten used to the touch interface and find it quite nice. Having used both the Jabra Elite 65T and 75T, there is no doubt that the sound quality is significantly better. As they are still burning in, I expect the sound signature to change slightly with time, but they are already pretty darn good IMHO. I'm still getting used to the soundstage that I currently perceive as different from many other headphones, but the detail resolution in these are quite amazing. These are the best sounding true wireless headphone I have heard this far.

As others have noted, the fit and comfort can be a bit of a challenge. I changed the supplied silicone tips for a pair of Comply foam tips, and this really made a big difference for me. It takes a bit longer to get them properly seated, but once in place they both provide a better seal, and therefore improved passive isolation and sound quality, as well as improved comfort. I was happy to learn that the charging case has the space to accommodate the larger Comply tips with no problems at all.

Bottom line, I am very happy with the purchase and hope these will serve me for a long time.

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #45 of 118
Does anyone know if these oval silicone ear tips would fit? They are for the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear, CX 3.00, CX 5.00, CX 7.00BT, HD1 and HD1. Perhaps these IEMs have the same IEM nozzle as the MTW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back