Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 118
Nope... Unless you got one of those special gloves with an touch area on the fingertips, thats why I also prefer physical buttons like the Jabra's.

But on the other hand these are deffo among of the best touch controls i've ever tried on a pair of headphones.
ok, thanks. have to wait for a special offer, not paying that price for them.

Apr 3, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #17 of 118
I've been listening to MTW2 for a couple hours now and sadly my initial impression is that I still prefer the Sony XM3. MTW2 bass is deeper and slams harder no doubt about that, also the stage is slightly bigger w/ noticeable sparkle and air on treble but the midrange feels like a dealbreaker so far, it's rough, dipped/recessed. I am feeling the XM3 is better balanced and more natural on timbre, a more coherent signature overall despite bass shortcomings. Just my two cents. I will let the MTW2 burn in for a few days then decide whether to keep or not.

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #18 of 118
I've been listening to MTW2 for a couple hours now and sadly my initial impression is that I still prefer the Sony XM3. MTW2 bass is deeper and slams harder no doubt about that, also the stage is slightly bigger w/ noticeable sparkle and air on treble but the midrange feels like a dealbreaker so far, it's rough, dipped/recessed. I am feeling the XM3 is better balanced and more natural on timbre, a more coherent signature overall despite bass shortcomings. Just my two cents. I will let the MTW2 burn in for a few days then decide whether to keep or not.
The measurements shows the dipped upper-mids.
5b8c1f91cee33a67051a56680cb5804c.png

Apr 5, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #19 of 118
Just ordered these last night from B&H. They should be here Tuesday. Really looking forward to trying them out

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #23 of 118
Just got these earlier today and updated the firmware to 4.5.0 and am testing them out. Did not like the stock tips - medium was too small and large was too large, so the moment I used a pair of silicone tips I have the sound and seal immediately improved. I just wish the volume went a little higher, not sure if this is a limitation of my Pixel 4XL's bluetooth output or the buds. I have the same issue volume wise with my Beats Solo 3's - I just wish the volume went a bit higher with those as well, so maybe it is phone specific.

I am very impressed with these little buds, the touch controls will take a minute to memorize and build into 'muscle' memory but they have such a robust feature set and so far sound good. I will be curious to see what burn in does to them as well of course.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #24 of 118
I had to add some extra presence in the 2k region and pull some of that 8k peak down. Otherwise, this is a pretty great TW earbud out of the box. I normally don’t like touch controls but they’re not so bad here.

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #25 of 118
Just got these earlier today and updated the firmware to 4.5.0 and am testing them out. Did not like the stock tips - medium was too small and large was too large, so the moment I used a pair of silicone tips I have the sound and seal immediately improved. I just wish the volume went a little higher, not sure if this is a limitation of my Pixel 4XL's bluetooth output or the buds. I have the same issue volume wise with my Beats Solo 3's - I just wish the volume went a bit higher with those as well, so maybe it is phone specific.

I am very impressed with these little buds, the touch controls will take a minute to memorize and build into 'muscle' memory but they have such a robust feature set and so far sound good. I will be curious to see what burn in does to them as well of course.

What pair of silicone tips are you using?
Link?
Cheers

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #26 of 118
Apr 8, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #27 of 118
These definitely sound great but it's more of a fun sound signature, while still maintaining nice details. But it's definitely a bit on the bassy fun side of things. But I'm enjoying these both at home and while walking the dog. I have already gotten used to the touch controls and they are becoming second nature. The transparent sound works great. ANC seems good too but haven't had as much of a chance to test that out besides with minor street traffic.

Apr 8, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #28 of 118
Can anyone comment on how these sound compared to Master and Dynamic MW07 go or plus?
Lots of discussion on this over in the true wireless thread. I give the edge in sq to the mw07 but not by much and many would disagree. The senns fit me better, have slightly better ANC. Also the mw07 plus and go do not support AAC if that matters to you. Big oversight.

Apr 9, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #29 of 118
Lots of discussion on this over in the true wireless thread. I give the edge in sq to the mw07 but not by much and many would disagree. The senns fit me better, have slightly better ANC. Also the mw07 plus and go do not support AAC if that matters to you. Big oversight.

Do you have a link to that true wireless thread?
Ta

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #30 of 118
The sound is similar to mtw1, but the stage is smaller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back