Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 12, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #2,956 of 3,671
I assume the sound quality of AEBT and OEBT should be the same? Really tempted to get the Momentum 2.0 OEBT at Amazon Warehouse Deal (currently retailing for US$205.88).
No, I strongly doubt they'll sound the same. They're likely completely different drivers housed entirely in different enclosures.

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #2,957 of 3,671
No, I strongly doubt they'll sound the same. They're likely completely different drivers housed entirely in different enclosures.

I see. Now I want to know if there's a huge difference in sound quality between the two headphones. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #2,959 of 3,671
 I assume the sound quality of AEBT and OEBT should be the same? Really tempted to get the Momentum 2.0 OEBT at Amazon Warehouse Deal (currently retailing for US$205.88).

If you referring to how they're tuned then no, they are not the same. The on ears are more bass heavy but still sound very good.

I see. I don't have an idea as to the size of both headphones but is the AEBT really that big compared to OEBT? I'll be using it while commuting (riding a bus) so I want it portable and small as possible. While I love using my CIEM, the cable is starting to annoy me sometimes.

Hope you guys can help me narrow down my choice. The Bose QC35 seems a good alternative but it is more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,960 of 3,671
I see. I don't have an idea as to the size of both headphones but is the AEBT really that big compared to OEBT? I'll be using it while commuting (riding a bus) so I want it portable and small as possible. While I love using my CIEM, the cable is starting to annoy me sometimes.

Hope you guys can help me narrow down my choice. The Bose QC35 seems a good alternative but it is more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Neither of the models are huge, the on ears are the smallest and most portable but people like me find them uncomfortable so will go for around ears instead. The bose qc35 are more comfortable and offer better noise cancelling but the sennheisers sound slightly better. If i was commuting everyday i'd actually go with the bose as they're cheaper.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #2,961 of 3,671

Neither of the models are huge, the on ears are the smallest and most portable but people like me find them uncomfortable so will go for around ears instead. The bose qc35 are more comfortable and offer better noise cancelling but the sennheisers sound slightly better. If i was commuting everyday i'd actually go with the bose as they're cheaper.

Thanks for this. If the sound quality of QC35 is not that far from the Momentum 2.0, might get the brand new QC35 at Amazon. Will just save more to afford this. Based from the online reviews, the QC35 looks really comfortable.

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #2,962 of 3,671
If the M2 only sound "slightly" better than the QC35 then Bose has made great strides since the QC25. The M2 is a full, rich and detailed sound compared to the QC25. As far as price, I paid the same price as the QC35 for my over ear M2 wireless. Size wise, the M2 over ear are very portable and comfortable. From what I remember, comfort and noise cancellation were the strong suits of the Bose. Sound quality was middle of the pack. Again, if the QC35 are greatly improved, and I am not referring to inflated bass only, I will have to try them.

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #2,963 of 3,671
  If the M2 only sound "slightly" better than the QC35 then Bose has made great strides since the QC25. The M2 is a full, rich and detailed sound compared to the QC25. As far as price, I paid the same price as the QC35 for my over ear M2 wireless. Size wise, the M2 over ear are very portable and comfortable. From what I remember, comfort and noise cancellation were the strong suits of the Bose. Sound quality was middle of the pack. Again, if the QC35 are greatly improved, and I am not referring to inflated bass only, I will have to try them.

Looking forward to this. My choice is a slightly used Momentum 2.0 AEBT or a brand new QC35.

Choices, choices.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #2,964 of 3,671

Hey man, just saw that your signature says you own the M2 and the Sine, I was actually quite interested in the SINE as well.
How would you describe the SINE vis a vis M2?

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #2,965 of 3,671
Are these worth getting if i don't care about noise cancelling?

I'm trying to find a good bluetooth over ear headphone and all signs point here, but Im wondering if I can forego the active noise cancellation and get a better/cheaper headphone? 

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #2,966 of 3,671

I'm trying to find a good bluetooth over ear headphone and all signs point here, but Im wondering if I can forego the active noise cancellation and get a better/cheaper headphone? 

I believe there are definitely cheaper/more sensible options if you're not after noise-cancellation - however, I will add that this isn't a trivial distinction like some people/reviews make it out to be.

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,967 of 3,671

Noise cancellation on the Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT cannot be turned off, unlike on some others (e.g. Parrot Zik, Phiaton Chord 530, others).  Some folks find that noise cancellation also distorts the sound a bit.  Much as I love my M2AET, I'd look for one that does not force noise cancellation if you do not need it.

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,968 of 3,671

I believe there are definitely cheaper/more sensible options if you're not after noise-cancellation - however, I will add that this isn't a trivial distinction like some people/reviews make it out to be.

Noise cancellation on the Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT cannot be turned off, unlike on some others (e.g. Parrot Zik, Phiaton Chord 530, others).  Some folks find that noise cancellation also distorts the sound a bit.  Much as I love my M2AET, I'd look for one that does not force noise cancellation if you do not need it.

Thanks y'all. Any thoughts on primarily bluetooth headphones then?

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,969 of 3,671

Keep in mind the M2 has been universally lauded for impacting the sound the least with noise cancelling on.

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #2,970 of 3,671
My favorite BT headphones are the M2 and the Sony MDR1ABT.  I didn't care for the touch controls on the Sony and they didn't have ANC.  I have been using the M2's for weeks and just got a new Dragonfly Red that has convinced me to switch back to my Denon MM400's.  I tried the QC35 last week and was not impressed.  As I seem to typically find with Bose, it was greatly lacking in midrange and just didn't have a full, rich sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back