Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 2, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #2,926 of 3,671
How's the battery life and noise cancelling on those cans?

Plantronics - 24hrs (ANC on)' 60 hours (ANC off)

Samsung Level On Pro - 10hrs (ANC on), 20 hours (ANC off)

Sennheiser Urbanite xl wireless - 25hrs (no ANC)

I'd rather have an uninterrupted connection than a long battery life myself, but the point I was making is that other headphones work fine with the new S7 line of phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,927 of 3,671
Two weeks ago, I purchased the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 AEBT headphone, rev. 2 (Bluetooth problems of initial release fixed).

They work and sound great. However, they have a symbol on the left earpiece that I never see in pictures of the headphone.

Anyone know what it is? Anyone have the symbol on their copy of this headphone?

Thanks!

It's the NFC tag, for NFC enabled devices

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #2,928 of 3,671
Jun 2, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #2,929 of 3,671
Plantronics - 24hrs (ANC on)' 60 hours (ANC off)

Samsung Level On Pro - 10hrs (ANC on), 20 hours (ANC off)

Sennheiser Urbanite xl wireless - 25hrs (no ANC)

I'd rather have an uninterrupted connection than a long battery life myself, but the point I was making is that other headphones work fine with the new S7 line of phones.

Nice. I think the stuttering has to do with power management, at least it did with REV01.

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #2,930 of 3,671
Nice. I think the stuttering has to do with power management, at least it did with REV01.

That seems to be a valid opinion. I'd like to think it's not my phone, so it's good to know others here & XDA are good with their M2s and other headphones. I'm not happy with how this is turning out. Bad enough that a Sennheiser rep, who came to my store, attributed the problem to a "small amount" of headphones and seemed to put the blame on the "one review" (I believe Gizmodo) that pointed out the problem. Though they did the right thing by stopping production until they could look into the problem and resolve it.

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #2,931 of 3,671
  That seems to be a valid opinion. I'd like to think it's not my phone, so it's good to know others here & XDA are good with their M2s and other headphones. I'm not happy with how this is turning out. Bad enough that a Sennheiser rep, who came to my store, attributed the problem to a "small amount" of headphones and seemed to put the blame on the "one review" (I believe Gizmodo) that pointed out the problem. Though they did the right thing by stopping production until they could look into the problem and resolve it.

Yeah, they gotta save face. But they were fantastic to me.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #2,932 of 3,671
Hmm... a question to those who face the stuttering problem on their phones with the REV02. Do you guys have a lot of background apps on, tons of ram used up or cpu resources used up? Might be the reason for the stuttering. I only face the stutters, but very slightly only when my phone's resources are used up.

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,933 of 3,671
  Hmm... a question to those who face the stuttering problem on their phones with the REV02. Do you guys have a lot of background apps on, tons of ram used up or cpu resources used up? Might be the reason for the stuttering. I only face the stutters, but very slightly only when my phone's resources are used up.

Same. Rock solid at all times on PC.....

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #2,934 of 3,671

I haven't checked, but my music comes through fine if I'm indoors and doing a lot on my phone. This is purely wireless interference outside, since the BT signal has nothing to really bounce off of.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,935 of 3,671

Same. Rock solid at all times on PC.....

*Hi-5*

I haven't checked, but my music comes through fine if I'm indoors and doing a lot on my phone. This is purely wireless interference outside, since the BT signal has nothing to really bounce off of.

My Momentum stutters slightly even indoors when my phone is loaded but when fresh, it's rock solid. Don't know what frequency band is the Momentum's bluetooth is using but meh.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #2,936 of 3,671
I don't buy the phone/memory theory because the signal outdoors was fine earlier this week when I had my phone in an armband, instead of my front or back pants pocket. I would lose the connection entirely at some point while in the train, though, so I'm done with this crap.

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2,938 of 3,671

Not for me. I only get stuttering on one block of the city, at one time of day, and even then it's sporadic. And I find if I tilt my head away from my phone, the stuttering stops.

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #2,939 of 3,671
Need a new pair of headphones...I saw these were £220 in Richer Sounds and John Lewis but I saw on eBay they can go as low as £130....I tested them and seem nice. Lot's of reviews were dubious about the price but now it seems reasonable. I listen to rock, mainly anything from Coldplay to Mastodon. What would be something similar in the price range?

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #2,940 of 3,671
  Need a new pair of headphones...I saw these were £220 in Richer Sounds and John Lewis but I saw on eBay they can go as low as £130....I tested them and seem nice. Lot's of reviews were dubious about the price but now it seems reasonable. I listen to rock, mainly anything from Coldplay to Mastodon. What would be something similar in the price range?

If you're looking for wireless? Nothing. IMO this is as good as it gets for bluetooth. If you're cool with a cable you can definitely get something better at the price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back