Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 7, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #2,941 of 3,671

If you're looking for wireless? Nothing. IMO this is as good as it gets for bluetooth. If you're cool with a cable you can definitely get something better at the price point.

I would agree...but also for the price point you do have wired capabilities. I personally think the wired M2(not bluetooth version) sound different than the wireless version of the M2. The wired version can be had pretty reasonable and are great for their price point. I prefer the sound of the wired version but now only own the wireless for the ease of no wires. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #2,944 of 3,671
The Momentums definitely sound better than the QC25s I briefly owned.

But if the QC35 performs flawlessly with its wireless, and coupled with their outstanding NC, at the $350 pricepoint it really gives the Momentum wireless a run for its money.

I see further price drops in the near future for the Momentum Wireless, lowest I have seen new is $300, that may be the standard price going forward.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #2,945 of 3,671
  The Momentums definitely sound better than the QC25s I briefly owned.

But if the QC35 performs flawlessly with its wireless, and coupled with their outstanding NC, at the $350 pricepoint it really gives the Momentum wireless a run for its money.

I see further price drops in the near future for the Momentum Wireless, lowest I have seen new is $300, that may be the standard price going forward.

It would be a difficult call to make. I enjoy the sound signature of the M2 a lot. The QC25's sounded so thin to me, not horrible just no meat to them. The things I am reading about the QC35 says they inflated the bass, but that may not be the type of fullness I am looking for.

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #2,946 of 3,671
I have been listening to M2 Wireless for about a month now.  I picked up a pair of QC35's last night and they will be going back tonight.  Yes I know about burn in and all that, but I'm impatient and if I don't feel like the sound is at least close out of the box, I'm done.  They have decent highs, good bass, but the sound is just kind of boring, flat and not musical.  And as far as Bose having the best noise cancellation, it honestly didn't seem any better than the M2.  If anything the plastic cups seemed to have like an echo chamber effect.  I much prefer the M2 in every way except for comfort.  The QC's cups and pads were far more comfortable to me.  And I do have infrequent bluetooth stuttering with my M2's at my desk.  Seems to correlate mostly to other bluetooth devices being used.  I listen mostly to my iPad and if I am looking at something on my phone it will trip up the headphones it seems.  I also have an Apple Watch and a bluetooth mouse on my desktop computer.

Jun 10, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #2,947 of 3,671
  I have been listening to M2 Wireless for about a month now.  I picked up a pair of QC35's last night and they will be going back tonight.  Yes I know about burn in and all that, but I'm impatient and if I don't feel like the sound is at least close out of the box, I'm done.  They have decent highs, good bass, but the sound is just kind of boring, flat and not musical.  And as far as Bose having the best noise cancellation, it honestly didn't seem any better than the M2.  If anything the plastic cups seemed to have like an echo chamber effect.  I much prefer the M2 in every way except for comfort.  The QC's cups and pads were far more comfortable to me.  And I do have infrequent bluetooth stuttering with my M2's at my desk.  Seems to correlate mostly to other bluetooth devices being used.  I listen mostly to my iPad and if I am looking at something on my phone it will trip up the headphones it seems.  I also have an Apple Watch and a bluetooth mouse on my desktop computer.

I spent a few minutes in Best Buy with the QC35s. The noise cancellation was great, and the sound with it on was pretty good as well. Then I turned Bluetooth on and it didn't sound right. I think ANC might have turned off, but music was definitely thin and quiet. From a music perspective, the M2s beat the Bose. I found the QC35 to be a bit more comfortable in my limited time with it, and I do prefer its design overall to the M2s. I like the look of the silver model, too bad the sound doesn't quite hold up.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #2,949 of 3,671
  I spent a few minutes in Best Buy with the QC35s. The noise cancellation was great, and the sound with it on was pretty good as well. Then I turned Bluetooth on and it didn't sound right. I think ANC might have turned off, but music was definitely thin and quiet. From a music perspective, the M2s beat the Bose. I found the QC35 to be a bit more comfortable in my limited time with it, and I do prefer its design overall to the M2s. I like the look of the silver model, too bad the sound doesn't quite hold up.

bose is a company that does amazing tech with relatively garbage drivers. Their ANC is better than anyone's, they make speaker systems that can do some serious air movement with tiny speakers thanks to the oddball horn enclosures they make, but the end result is just never quite right.

I have a set of their C20 speakers (the $250 model) and they're actually pretty damn good for being a 2.0 Bose system, but they get handled readily by my Logitech z623s, so even if the QC35's end up sounding GOOD, I don't believe they can top the stuff made by Sennheiser/Sony/Technica.

Jun 11, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2,951 of 3,671
  I like the IEM M2, will the Over Ear M2 offer anything more compared to the IEM M2?

Well... the inherent sonic differences of a full sized compared to an IEM, mostly. It's kinda hard to compare and contrast them since no matter how similarly they may be tuned the difference in build will make for a pretty big change. If you aren't hankering for a full sized headphone, then I'd say keep what you have. 

Jun 11, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #2,952 of 3,671

Well... the inherent sonic differences of a full sized compared to an IEM, mostly. It's kinda hard to compare and contrast them since no matter how similarly they may be tuned the difference in build will make for a pretty big change. If you aren't hankering for a full sized headphone, then I'd say keep what you have. 

Would you care to explain on the sonic differences? Is it about the sound stage? Clarity? Details?
Bear with me I'm by no means any audiophile or audio head. But I do appreciate good sound (which again have to be separated between the equipment sound profile/signature preferred by the listener and the actual delivery quality, really sorry for muddling or these words I'm throwing out)

I'm listening to my Momentum IE right now, and quite appreciate how it sounds, forgot how it's actually not a slouch itself.
Just want to get a new headphones for my train commute, torn between the Momentum 2.0 and the new Bose QC35 (if Momentum 2.0 still absolutely kills the Bose, I'm going with Momentum)

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,953 of 3,671
  Would you care to explain on the sonic differences? Is it about the sound stage? Clarity? Details?
Bear with me I'm by no means any audiophile or audio head. But I do appreciate good sound (which again have to be separated between the equipment sound profile/signature preferred by the listener and the actual delivery quality, really sorry for muddling or these words I'm throwing out)

I'm listening to my Momentum IE right now, and quite appreciate how it sounds, forgot how it's actually not a slouch itself.
Just want to get a new headphones for my train commute, torn between the Momentum 2.0 and the new Bose QC35 (if Momentum 2.0 still absolutely kills the Bose, I'm going with Momentum)

Keep in mind I've been grousing about poor outdoor BT performance of the M2s. Your area may be different, but the M2s give me problems in NYC. They also have started to randomly disconnect from my phone while I'm on the train; I don't know if that's related to any overhead wires along or near the train line. Music-wise, I'd recommend the M2s in a heartbeat. If you want to use them on your commute, buy from a place with a real good return policy. This bad experience has me thinking I'll never be able to cut the cord again.

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #2,954 of 3,671

Sonically the Bose does kill the QC35 (tried them at a Best Buy, was not impressed). 

The difference is largely going to be in the "size" of the sound. IEMs put the sound "in your head" if that makes sense. The audio has no external presence, it's like your brain is being fed music. I love that as well, but it's different. Full size are going to sound like speakers more than IEMs, the bass will feel like an actual impact a bit, it'll have more depth and dimension just by virtue of being a big driver with more air to move. Think of the difference between headphones and desktop speakers. It's similar, just less stark.

I'd say go with the M2, it's down to $399 on Amazon last I saw which is a GREAT price for them, and I find myself listening to mine even when I have other options available sometimes.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #2,955 of 3,671
I assume the sound quality of AEBT and OEBT should be the same? Really tempted to get the Momentum 2.0 OEBT at Amazon Warehouse Deal (currently retailing for US$205.88).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back