Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2,896 of 3,671
I had the wired Momentum 2's for a week and decided I wanted to go wireless.  I just got them in about an hour ago and the immediate problem is the fitting.  I don't know what's wrong but they don't cup over the ears.  They bow out at the bottom breaking the entire seal. So the top, part of the sides and then the entire bottom half of ear the pads bow out and don't seal around the ear.  The wired cupped the ears perfectly.  

Any thoughts?  Very confused, didn't think fit would change.

May 28, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #2,897 of 3,671
I borowed a pair, was fine. Before that the guy in the store opened up a brand new pair for me to listen to, and i had the same experience as you.
Didn't get a complete seal at the bottom. The wired version didn't have the problem. Tried to google it, no luck.

I hope they adjust, cause i just desided to buy one..

May 28, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #2,898 of 3,671
I've been able to make them somewhat better through bending here and there.  But then my OCD kicks in and I hate I have to use a pair I've done all this bending too.  And even then it all comes down to how you put them on and then fiddle with them a bit.

I'll probably return both these and the soundlink 2's I was testing, order another momentum wireless this morning and then regardless of the fit just keep that pair.  Hate paying this much for headphones but they are the only ones where the driver doesn't press on the hard cartilage of my left ear that sticks out further.  The wireless also cuts in and out less than the Bose which seems to cut out every time there is a moment of silence in whatever audio I'm listening too.

May 28, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,899 of 3,671
It should still be a complete seal even if your ear lobe is sticking out the bottom a little. I have 1" plugs in my ears and I've tested both with my plugs in and out (plugless lobes folded up inside the cup) and the sound is the same. The earcups are small but as long as you put the headband at the right height you should be fine.

May 29, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #2,900 of 3,671
Hello,
Recently I have bought sennheisers momentum wireless aebt2 and I was wondering about two things:

1)At the moment I am using asus BT-400 receiver which is without aptx codec support. Should i get anything else? What would be the best solution to improve audio quality in my PC? Could I benefit from sound cards or any other things with wireless connection? I am new to wireless headphones and I was looking for it for a long time, but could not find any solutions.
2)I experience some stuttering on crowded streets. Is this the popular problem with headphones? Is there any way to substitute them to good ones in Poland?

I would be really grateful for help.

May 29, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #2,901 of 3,671
  Hello,
Recently I have bought sennheisers momentum wireless aebt2 and I was wondering about two things:

1)At the moment I am using asus BT-400 receiver which is without aptx codec support. Should i get anything else? What would be the best solution to improve audio quality in my PC? Could I benefit from sound cards or any other things with wireless connection? I am new to wireless headphones and I was looking for it for a long time, but could not find any solutions.
2)I experience some stuttering on crowded streets. Is this the popular problem with headphones? Is there any way to substitute them to good ones in Poland?

I would be really grateful for help.

Its very possible there is a lot of interference in some of those locations.  Maybe test it at different times of the day in those areas?  Its really a per person/area issue.  Aptx may or may not make a difference for you in the other situation, some swear by it other's don't notice a difference.  This is the one transceiver I use on my PC.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-TaoTronics-Simultaneously/dp/B01EHSX28M?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

May 29, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #2,902 of 3,671

I remember having this problem years ago with Motorola S9 (I think that's the model?) headphones and my handset at the time - I'm gonna guess it was the HTC Hero? I don't remember if I had this problem with the LG Tone headphones I had in 2013/2014. With my Sony XB950's, I did not have this problem, so I thought with the upgrades in both Bluetooth and smartphones since those early days, the issues were over with. But I did not expect to have this problem in a $500 pair of headphones.

Just today I walked through Best Buy with them, and my Galaxy S7 in an armband playing music. I kept the S7 in an armband on my left arm because I wanted to see if my body was causing any Bluetooth interference (which is one of the common problems with Bluetooth). Unfortunately the results were no good, I was getting stuttering in my music.

I'm basically looking for any reason to keep these. Sennheiser isn't making that easy.

May 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,903 of 3,671
  I remember having this problem years ago with Motorola S9 (I think that's the model?) headphones and my handset at the time - I'm gonna guess it was the HTC Hero? I don't remember if I had this problem with the LG Tone headphones I had in 2013/2014. With my Sony XB950's, I did not have this problem, so I thought with the upgrades in both Bluetooth and smartphones since those early days, the issues were over with. But I did not expect to have this problem in a $500 pair of headphones.

Just today I walked through Best Buy with them, and my Galaxy S7 in an armband playing music. I kept the S7 in an armband on my left arm because I wanted to see if my body was causing any Bluetooth interference (which is one of the common problems with Bluetooth). Unfortunately the results were no good, I was getting stuttering in my music.

I'm basically looking for any reason to keep these. Sennheiser isn't making that easy.

I had a similar problem with relatively new BT headphones, not the Momentum 2.0, Plantronics BackBeat Fit, and in my case, because the BackBeat Fit are extremely small in-ears with a small piece that goes behind the beck, I chalked it up to them not having a very strong radio so they could squeeze decent battery life from a tiny battery.

I read a few posts back someone else suggest that this might also explain your experience with the Momentum - Sennheiser trying to squeeze as much battery life, perhaps -- causing them to perhaps choose a weaker BT radio.

May 29, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #2,904 of 3,671

You mean the Best Buy that has like 100 different BT and Wireless devices all going at the same time in visible mode? Can't imagine where that interference is coming from.

As I write this I'm on an airplane using mine with no issues, and I use mine at work every day, also with an S7. I have issues if I walk 50+ feet away but otherwise nothing. I don't know if you have a bad pair or just are always in a high-interference area.

May 29, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #2,905 of 3,671

I had a similar problem with relatively new BT headphones, not the Momentum 2.0, Plantronics BackBeat Fit, and in my case, because the BackBeat Fit are extremely small in-ears with a small piece that goes behind the beck, I chalked it up to them not having a very strong radio so they could squeeze decent battery life from a tiny battery.

I read a few posts back someone else suggest that this might also explain your experience with the Momentum - Sennheiser trying to squeeze as much battery life, perhaps -- causing them to perhaps choose a weaker BT radio.

Interesting, my coworker has the BackBeat Fit and said he has no issues outside with them. It's a valid point regarding the battery, but Sennheiser should have considered the BT radio when designing their flagship.

You mean the Best Buy that has like 100 different BT and Wireless devices all going at the same time in visible mode? Can't imagine where that interference is coming from.

As I write this I'm on an airplane using mine with no issues, and I use mine at work every day, also with an S7. I have issues if I walk 50+ feet away but otherwise nothing. I don't know if you have a bad pair or just are always in a high-interference area.

Yep, to emulate the environment I have problems in - New York City, outside Penn Station. I'm glad to read that a fellow S7 owner has no problems with the headphones, because that was my next concern. This is my second pair, Sennheiser took back the first.

May 29, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #2,906 of 3,671
Interesting, my coworker has the BackBeat Fit and said he has no issues outside with them. It's a valid point regarding the battery, but Sennheiser should have considered the BT radio when designing their flagship.

Yep, to emulate the environment I have problems in - New York City, outside Penn Station. I'm glad to read that a fellow S7 owner has no problems with the headphones, because that was my next concern. This is my second pair, Sennheiser took back the first.

In my case, it wasn't exactly the same trigger (a location) but rather competition with other wireless devices... In particular, I would have to disable Bluetooth on my Pebble smart watch or the Backbeat Fit would frequently lose connection, whilst that has been a problem with none of my other five Bluetooth headphones with the Pebble on.

May 30, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #2,907 of 3,671
I get an occasional stutter but I always just write that off to Bluetooth. I had these in revision 1 and they were unlistenable. Rev. 2 is greatly improved.

May 30, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,908 of 3,671
I DEMAND people state the battery life and presence of noise cancellation in any headset they compare the M2 to.

May 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #2,909 of 3,671
I rock a Fitbit Charge HR with mine and have never had any problems because of it. I also sometimes get home and they connect to my PC, so three devices and no interference or connection loss. Only time I have interference issues seems to be when I'm downtown near the cable cars...perhaps the cars, or the cables cause this, I'm not sure. But I just pause my music when I walk by there and resume when I'm past. 

The sound sig is perfect for my tastes, the comfort and build quality is top notch.

Frankly, these are my favorite headphones I have ever owned. I hate using my corded cans now. 

110% do not regret my purchase, and I have no problem recommending them to everyone.

May 30, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,910 of 3,671
  I rock a Fitbit Charge HR with mine and have never had any problems because of it. I also sometimes get home and they connect to my PC, so three devices and no interference or connection loss. Only time I have interference issues seems to be when I'm downtown near the cable cars...perhaps the cars, or the cables cause this, I'm not sure. But I just pause my music when I walk by there and resume when I'm past. 

The sound sig is perfect for my tastes, the comfort and build quality is top notch.

Frankly, these are my favorite headphones I have ever owned. I hate using my corded cans now. 

110% do not regret my purchase, and I have no problem recommending them to everyone.

Do you use on ear or over ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back