Sennheiser mods
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #61 of 91
Hi
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Feel free to point me towards another thread if this is not the proper place for my questions.
I recently picked a pair of HD 265 from a garbage bin in a recording studio.
They where trashed since they are rather old (cakes of dirt and skin:) and the material on the earpads is virtually falling appart.
Doing a quick check shows that replacement earpads for this particular model is rather pricey (roughly 50% of what a new pair would cost)
Question is thus: Can I use earpads from any of the other Sennheiser models (many of these can be aquired much cheaper)

Cheers
Rune

EDIT: found another thread that is more suitable, feel free to delete this post :)

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #62 of 91
Sorry to bumb this, but as my other post didn't recieve any attentition I coulænd't resist returning to this thread...
Been looking into the replacement pad issue a little further and it turns out that not only are the 650 pads very overpriced, they are also rather hard to come by in any physical shop (at least in DK)
Thus, the question remains, any ideas for a compatible or modded "replacement pad solution" for my HD 665 (at less than 50USD)?

Much obliged
Rune

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #65 of 91

would it be better to use the 650 cables for my 600 or buy a custom one off of this site?

The HD-650 cable is heavier and a little more durable. You can get it pretty cheap through Sennheiser.

Otherwise, build your own cable. There's no reason to hand a hundred or two of profit to someone else.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #66 of 91

Quote:

The HD-650 cable is heavier and a little more durable. You can get it pretty cheap through Sennheiser.Otherwise, build your own cable. There's no reason to hand a hundred or two of profit to someone else.

alright thanks!
but you'd probably be okay with me handing you a hundred or two, wouldnt you!

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #69 of 91
reviving the discussion on those HD228s. ha.
I just "astroid" modded mine and found it a little overly bright, so I've added some loose cotton in place of the original black felt and voila, great balance of treble/soundstage and improved sound! 

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #71 of 91
Quote:
I did everything as described, except there was no 'thin sheet of oval thin padding' as you said.
Are mine fakes???

Huh???  You're responding to a three (3) year old thread, doubt.  Check the posted dates before attempting to revive an OLD thread.

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #72 of 91
How did the defoaming on the back of the HD600s work out?

I am new to this and so far have just replaced my HD600 stock cable with the Cardas one which did improve the soundstage and imaging. I am about to run a listening test comparing the HD600 Via USB DAC to HD600 Via Cayin HA-1A. Just out of curiosity. Is anyone interested in the subjective results?

Best

DJ Stix

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #73 of 91
Quote:
How did the defoaming on the back of the HD600s work out?

I am new to this and so far have just replaced my HD600 stock cable with the Cardas one which did improve the soundstage and imaging. I am about to run a listening test comparing the HD600 Via USB DAC to HD600 Via Cayin HA-1A. Just out of curiosity. Is anyone interested in the subjective results?

Best

DJ Stix

Are you responding to the first post by 'applaudio'?

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #74 of 91
no mentions about the hd 555 and hd 558 foam mod? 

May 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #75 of 91
For the HD 555 :

555 to 595 mod : remove the strip of foam in each capsule. 10-15 min to do for bith side. Give wider sounstage and better high.

555modded/595 bass mod. add two strip of electrical tape over the first 8 bottom horizontal row of holes in the capsule body of each side. This enhance the low mids and give some punch to the bass. Ex : The Radiohead album, the songs sound more forward and present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back