Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Mar 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #4,741 of 4,836
maybe i'm mistaken but i'm sure the original case was brown or copper too, it's strange that the fakes makers haven't updated it
Its sort of a grey/silver. Mine was one of the first into the UK.

IMG_0487.jpg

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #4,742 of 4,836
Mine was a pre-order ie900 from Sennheiser directly. I also had gotten a Grey case back then.

And as I mentioned before. Notice the plate on mine is flat. The writing is not pressed into the plate.

The fake ones have the letters popping out of the plate.

Fake someone received online:
Fake_ie900_Case.jpg

Compared to my case with a flat plate, inked/laser-written? letters:
20240329_125455.jpg

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #4,744 of 4,836
Anyone know where to buy OEM replacement silicone tips? It's sold out from Sennheiser directly.

I know there are lots of other tips to try out there but the OEM are actually perfect for me and they have the tuning foam.

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #4,745 of 4,836
Anyone know where to buy OEM replacement silicone tips? It's sold out from Sennheiser directly.

I know there are lots of other tips to try out there but the OEM are actually perfect for me and they have the tuning foam.
That depends on where you are as you don't say I'll assume its the USA as no other country exists, or so I've been told. :wink:

Over this side of the pond in the UK, Audio Sanctuary is where I got some from, with International shipping from £5.99 but I have no idea if you could get them cheaper from anywhere else.

https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/sennheiser-ie300-ie600-ie900-replacement-ear-buds.html

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #4,746 of 4,836
Its sort of a grey/silver. Mine was one of the first into the UK.

IMG_0487.jpg
Now that makes sense, the pictures I looked at must've been darker so the colour appeared brown / copper. I actually bought a fake case for my IE200 and it's copper, I always thought it was the original colour.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #4,747 of 4,836
That depends on where you are as you don't say I'll assume its the USA as no other country exists, or so I've been told. :wink:

Over this side of the pond in the UK, Audio Sanctuary is where I got some from, with International shipping from £5.99 but I have no idea if you could get them cheaper from anywhere else.

https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/sennheiser-ie300-ie600-ie900-replacement-ear-buds.html
I ordered from extra tips from Audio Sanctuary. Easy shipping to USA.

Wish I went to visit their store while in London a couple of weeks ago.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #4,749 of 4,836
My struggle with tips. If I'm sitting up, nothing beats the stock silicone tips. If I'm laying down, the silicone tips move around and I lose the seal. If I'm laying down, Comply works best but I lose a lot of the IEM dynamics. I ordered AET 07 hoping for the ability to transition between sitting up and laying down without affecting sound quality. Pray for me.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #4,750 of 4,836
My struggle with tips. If I'm sitting up, nothing beats the stock silicone tips. If I'm laying down, the silicone tips move around and I lose the seal. If I'm laying down, Comply works best but I lose a lot of the IEM dynamics. I ordered AET 07 hoping for the ability to transition between sitting up and laying down without affecting sound quality. Pray for me.
Pretty sure the AET07 will solve that problem for ya. They are solid tips. Much more firm than the stock silicone.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #4,751 of 4,836
How do I tell Sonova that I want I to proceed with a repair?

They are sending back my Germany-made broken ie900 to me because the 2year warranty is up......without telling me what my other options are......

Am I going to wait for them to return and find a phone number to call?

Screenshot_20240405_003455_Gmail.jpg

This automated system sucks, if they had given me an operator to talk to at the beginning......

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #4,752 of 4,836
How do I tell Sonova that I want I to proceed with a repair?

They are sending back my Germany-made broken ie900 to me because the 2year warranty is up......without telling me what my other options are......

Am I going to wait for them to return and find a phone number to call?

Screenshot_20240405_003455_Gmail.jpg

This automated system sucks, if they had given me an operator to talk to at the beginning......
When you sent it in, did you tell them you're out of warranty and need to be quoted for a repair? If so, this is ridiculous. They'd be basically using the condition of being out of warranty to neglect you being a customer, all while incentivizing you to buy another product from them 🤣

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #4,753 of 4,836
When you sent it in, did you tell them you're out of warranty and need to be quoted for a repair? If so, this is ridiculous. They'd be basically using the condition of being out of warranty to neglect you being a customer, all while incentivizing you to buy another product from them 🤣

There is no way to get in contact with anyone. You keep getting circled back by an automatic system to their SONOVA "repair page". Which has you generate an RMA request to print, and then send the IEM.

And there is no options to explain your specific details. Just that this is the repair page of their website. And to please send in with proof of purchase.
There is no out-of-warranty guidelines.

This email is the first contact I got from a person...well, I hope is a real person. From the cookie-cutter response.....it may even be automated.

It's an annoying streamlined system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back