Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Mar 10, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #4,696 of 4,836
Threw away the default tips with my IE900's a little too hastily.

Looking for some recommendations on something better ?

Love that this IEM doesn't require an amp for top sound quality.
I just went back to the stock silicone tips after a few months with comply foam. Sound difference is huge. Not sure which is better though.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #4,701 of 4,836
Been listening to my *AUTHENTIC* IE 900 for the past day. So far I'm glad I splurged on these to compare to my IE 600. The 600 sound awesome but the 900 have some HD 800 special sauce. The imaging feels bigger, deeper, and clearer. I'm liking the presentation quite a bit. It's cool to think this is done with just an extra resonator and perhaps some internal shaping inside the housing. The 600 had a pretty basic soundstage and presentation but I've been wanting something more immersive like my HD 800 and Organic. It has been a joy rediscovering my library with the IE 900. Love how clean and the direct the sound is from a high-end IEM.
Were you able to swap the fakes you received from Amazon?

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #4,702 of 4,836
In terms of SQ stock silicone are best to my ears. But they move around a lot. Foam is better to fit for me and they don't move around, but sacrifice SQ.
I also like the stock silicones. Tried a bunch including the sedna went back to stock. Everything else was a too much compromise on the SQ.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #4,703 of 4,836
Were you able to swap the fakes you received from Amazon?
Yup, I'm returning the fakes soon but first I'm gonna take some photos to document the differences against the authentic pair and share it here. There are actually quite a few differences but you wouldn't really notice without looking for them.

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #4,704 of 4,836
Been listening to my *AUTHENTIC* IE 900 for the past day. So far I'm glad I splurged on these to compare to my IE 600. The 600 sound awesome but the 900 have some HD 800 special sauce. The imaging feels bigger, deeper, and clearer. I'm liking the presentation quite a bit. It's cool to think this is done with just an extra resonator and perhaps some internal shaping inside the housing. The 600 had a pretty basic soundstage and presentation but I've been wanting something more immersive like my HD 800 and Organic. It has been a joy rediscovering my library with the IE 900. Love how clean and the direct the sound is from a high-end IEM.
Thanks for writing this. I was thinking of picking up an IE600 just out of curiosity. I will hold off for now.

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #4,705 of 4,836
Thanks for writing this. I was thinking of picking up an IE600 just out of curiosity. I will hold off for now.
My main criteria in my IEM search was finding an equivalent to my Arya Organic and HD 8XX. The IE 600 sounds really nice and while it has an engaging presentation I'd say it's still just above average. Presentation/soundstaging is really important to me and is a big reason why My Arya and 8XX are keepers. The IE 900 have that extra dimensionality that lures you into the music and you don't want to leave.

However, does this make the IE 900 worth 2x the price of the IE 600? Honestly I'm struggling with this proposition right now. I will use these IEMs on the go and wearing $1k on my head and the risk of losing them makes me antsy. I plan on comparing the two over the next week and hope I can come to a decision on which to keep (the 900 has been getting the most ear time of course).

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #4,706 of 4,836
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #4,707 of 4,836
My main criteria in my IEM search was finding an equivalent to my Arya Organic and HD 8XX. The IE 600 sounds really nice and while it has an engaging presentation I'd say it's still just above average. Presentation/soundstaging is really important to me and is a big reason why My Arya and 8XX are keepers. The IE 900 have that extra dimensionality that lures you into the music and you don't want to leave.

However, does this make the IE 900 worth 2x the price of the IE 600? Honestly I'm struggling with this proposition right now. I will use these IEMs on the go and wearing $1k on my head and the risk of losing them makes me antsy. I plan on comparing the two over the next week and hope I can come to a decision on which to keep (the 900 has been getting the most ear time of course).
Exactly, I thought of picking up the 600 (used) for outdoor use. I might just stick with AirPods pro2.

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #4,708 of 4,836
Mar 14, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #4,709 of 4,836
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back