Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #4,681 of 4,853
On sale at the moment for $1k new at reputable online resellers and direct.

I got mine a little over a month ago and am going to call and see if Crutchfield will price match (60 day returns).

Like others on the thread the cables that these ship with are bad. My first set that I returned had the right ear cut out and now my replacements have the left ear cutting out. That said, It has to be the cables because I got a third-party cable and I haven't had any cut outs since. I really like these. They sound fantastic. I just wish the cables they came with didn't suck. They really need to flush this issue out.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #4,682 of 4,853

I got mine a little over a month ago and am going to call and see if Crutchfield will price match (60 day returns).

Like others on the thread the cables that these ship with are bad. My first set that I returned had the right ear cut out and now my replacements have the left ear cutting out. That said, It has to be the cables because I got a third-party cable and I haven't had any cut outs since. I really like these. They sound fantastic. I just with the cables they came with didn't suck. They really need to flush this issue out.
Odd, I have had no issues with the cables, mine was one of the first batch in the UK.

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #4,685 of 4,853
Can you elaborate? Other than the 4.4 and 2.5 adapters, does the cable actually have TWO signal wires: See

All speakers have both a positive and a negative and require two wires in the cable. In single-ended the negatives are tied together, typically at the plug. For the Amber I see no reason to believe otherwise. One way to somewhat validate is to verify that there are 4 pins in the cable plug connection (which would be needed for balanced).

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #4,686 of 4,853
All speakers have both a positive and a negative and require two wires in the cable. In single-ended the negatives are tied together, typically at the plug. For the Amber I see no reason to believe otherwise. One way to somewhat validate is to verify that there are 4 pins in the cable plug connection (which would be needed for balanced).

20240305_120911.JPG
20240305_120850.JPG

Are these the four pins you are referring to?

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #4,687 of 4,853
Mar 5, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #4,689 of 4,853

Like others on the thread the cables that these ship with are bad. My first set that I returned had the right ear cut out and now my replacements have the left ear cutting out. That said, It has to be the cables because I got a third-party cable and I haven't had any cut outs since. I really like these. They sound fantastic. I just wish the cables they came with didn't suck. They really need to flush this issue out.
Thanks for sharing. Audio is getting cut out on either ear bud for me and I thought it was an internal issue with the drivers. I'll play around with other cables before resorting to sending them in.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #4,690 of 4,853
Like others on the thread the cables that these ship with are bad. My first set that I returned had the right ear cut out and now my replacements have the left ear cutting out.
Funnily enough my IE 600 that's over 14 months old has never cut out, and I've swapped the 4.4 to 3.5 cables around maybe 15 times or so.

Got my IE 900 (2023-apr manufacture date) this January and noticed it cut out when I pushed the cable "down" when adjusting the earhook around my ear, with both the 2.5 and 3.5 cables (haven't tried the 4.4 since I sold the Fiio K7).

The IE 900's socket also felt MUCH tighter and didn't spin freely like my IE 600 did, so I unplugged/reconnected the cable twice, gave it a couple full 360 spins in the MMCX socket and the cutting out stopped completely. It's also not as tight in the socket anymore, but it still doesn't spin freely like the 600. Just my 2 cents in case anyone wants to give it a go.

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #4,691 of 4,853
So I went back to the OEM cable yesterday and tried reseating the cable, spinning it, etc... same issue. If the cable gets pushed in the wrong direction when I turn my head the sounds cuts out. I am going to try the 2.5mm cable today and see if the same thing happens. I do like how the stock cable keeps the iem in my ear. It is more secure but the cutting out is obnoxious. I also find the third party cable (GU Craftsman Cable) to be way less microphonic.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #4,692 of 4,853
Been listening to my *AUTHENTIC* IE 900 for the past day. So far I'm glad I splurged on these to compare to my IE 600. The 600 sound awesome but the 900 have some HD 800 special sauce. The imaging feels bigger, deeper, and clearer. I'm liking the presentation quite a bit. It's cool to think this is done with just an extra resonator and perhaps some internal shaping inside the housing. The 600 had a pretty basic soundstage and presentation but I've been wanting something more immersive like my HD 800 and Organic. It has been a joy rediscovering my library with the IE 900. Love how clean and the direct the sound is from a high-end IEM.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #4,693 of 4,853
Threw away the default tips with my IE900's a little too hastily.

Looking for some recommendations on something better ?

Love that this IEM doesn't require an amp for top sound quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back