Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Dec 6, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #2,687 of 4,904
The same happend to me three weeks ago (IE300, right driver). Had to send it back to a Sennheiser repair center in Germany. Of course, before sending it back, I isolated the issue, i.e. it was indeed the driver and nothing else (cable, dac, amp). I haven't heard anything since.
Yes verified it's the diver that is having the issue by swapping between 3 cables and 2 DACs. Since I got it, through a local agent that deals with Sennheiser Singapore, I will hand over my unit to my local retailer and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions on isolating the problem first. Hope you get your unit repaired and returned to you soon.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #2,688 of 4,904
Hello guys. I need your help in getting the best portable DAP for IE900 for travelling purposes.

Budget is around $2,000. So far I am looking at these three:

1. HiBy R8
2. iBasso DX300
3. Fiio M11 Plus

Mainly looking for SQ with slight warm signature, punchy bass and wide soundstage. Able to listen from Apple Music app. I don’t mind spending a bit more, for example the AK SP1000M.

Need opinions from you guys and any additional recommendations on the best possible portable DAP with my budget. Thanks!

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #2,689 of 4,904
Hello guys. I need your help in getting the best portable DAP for IE900 for travelling purposes.

Budget is around $2,000. So far I am looking at these three:

1. HiBy R8
2. iBasso DX300
3. Fiio M11 Plus

Mainly looking for SQ with slight warm signature, punchy bass and wide soundstage. Able to listen from Apple Music app. I don’t mind spending a bit more, for example the AK SP1000M.

Need opinions from you guys and any additional recommendations on the best possible portable DAP with my budget. Thanks!
I personally recommend the new HiBy RS6. It has a warm, punchy and inviting sound quality that synergises really well with the IE 900. Between the RS6 and R8 (which I also own), the RS6 is a better fit for the IE 900, and also far more portable.

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #2,690 of 4,904
I personally recommend the new HiBy RS6. It has a warm, punchy and inviting sound quality that synergises really well with the IE 900. Between the RS6 and R8 (which I also own), the RS6 is a better fit for the IE 900, and also far more portable.
Yeah I heard R8 is pretty heavy. Will look into RS6. Thank you!

I am currently on my iPhone 11 Pro with LP W2. You think the IE900 will sound any different with the R8/RS6?

Edit: I mean for sure there will be difference. But is it very noticeable or just subtle? Thinking if its worth the upgrade.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #2,691 of 4,904
Yeah I heard R8 is pretty heavy. Will look into RS6. Thank you!

I am currently on my iPhone 11 Pro with LP W2. You think the IE900 will sound any different with the R8/RS6?
I can't say as I haven't heard the W2. It'll almost definitely sound slightly different. Whether or not it will sound better is not for me to say but for you to hear and decide. There are other benefits to owning a DAP - more powerful amplification, more headroom, and decoupling the phone from your music are just some of the benefits. Whether or not these are useful to you is again for you to decide. Shout if you have any more questions.

Dec 9, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #2,692 of 4,904
Babylon - Brandon Perry sounds good with IE900 on Tidal

Using Dragonfly Cobalt with both mac and iPhone. True portable dap :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #2,695 of 4,904
Just placed an order for the IE900. Getting them overnighted. Crutchfield has them in stock.
Not many have it in stock... lucky!

Dec 10, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #2,700 of 4,904
Well, the only bad thing I can say about these are the custom MMCX connector and the included silicone tips are really not to my taste (they seem to "soft"). But I've solved both of these issues with an adapter and a pair of SednaEarFit Crystal.

What I really find fascinating is that I prefer the IE900 over every over-ear headphone I've tried, It's hard to believe that a pair of tiny but comfortable IEMs can produce this kind of sound.

Now I'm just waiting for the Fiio UTWS5 to finally become available in Europe! :)

Sennheiser said screw all those companies using 100000 different drivers on their 1k+ IEMs, and instead they crafted this amazing product using only a single dynamic driver. Amazing :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back