Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Dec 2, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #2,656 of 4,836
Also i have the IE300 as a demo unit while waiting for a replacement of the IE900 (mainly to test the fit of my custom made iem sleeves) and boy i have no idea how anyone could say they are even close to the 900 after listening to the 900 for 3 month. I guess for the price they are fine but the IE900 blows them so hard out of the water its not even funny. If the IE600 is exactly in the middle between the IE300 and IE900 in terms of performance i definitely dont want them lol
As a proud owner of the IE900 since yesterday , and owning the IE300 for a couple of months, I have to agree. The big brother is in a different league. I would have been really disappointed otherwise. Lol

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #2,657 of 4,836
Also i have the IE300 as a demo unit while waiting for a replacement of the IE900 (mainly to test the fit of my custom made iem sleeves) and boy i have no idea how anyone could say they are even close to the 900 after listening to the 900 for 3 month. I guess for the price they are fine but the IE900 blows them so hard out of the water its not even funny. If the IE600 is exactly in the middle between the IE300 and IE900 in terms of performance i definitely dont want them lol
As a proud owner of the IE900 since yesterday , and owning the IE300 for a couple of months, I have to agree. The big brother is in a different league. I would have been really disappointed otherwise. Lol
I really enjoy the IE 300. It has a similar tuning to the IE 900, albeit more bassy and less technically adept, but considering the asking price (currently $250), the build quality and the comfort, it's probably one of the best IEMs in its class. Of course it can't touch the IE 900, and anyone who tells you otherwise (*cough* Ze** *cough*) are either listening for different things or pandering to the budget crowd.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #2,658 of 4,836
The IE300 takes a while to adjust to but can sound ok, especially with a bit of EQ to take out some low end (I had EQ'd the IE300 to the IE900 curve). Obviously they're not as technically sound or as resolving.

For the IE600 to work they're going to have to be tuned more on the IE900 side of things but just using cheaper materials/production methods. Interested to see what they're like though.

Dec 2, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #2,659 of 4,836
Hey guys, if anyone is interested in reading up on the @iFi audio GO blu and the IE 900, my review is now online here.

GOblu_34.jpg

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #2,660 of 4,836
Talked with the store where i bought them (flagship store in the production facility) repairing doesnt seem to be an option with the IE900 when something like this occurs and they basically just order a new one. Because i bought in a sennheiser store tho she is gonna prioritize my exchange which still roughly gonna take 4 weeks at least ☹
Maybe it will take more than that, I pre ordered mine during the beginning of October and it's still unfulfilled so far.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #2,661 of 4,836
Thanks for recommendations, I haven’t heard of VE EXT, but Empire IEMs seem to be not on the comfortable side. Anyway better to try before buying
EE IEMs in my experience are actually really comfortable. Certain models like the EVO and Odin are on the large side so may not fit some ears, but LX imo is really comfortable.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #2,662 of 4,836
EE IEMs in my experience are actually really comfortable. Certain models like the EVO and Odin are on the large side so may not fit some ears, but LX imo is really comfortable.
+1. LX is very comfortable, and while I worried EVO might not be, it actually is (and very light too). Nothing is as comfortable for me as IE 900, though.

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #2,664 of 4,836
My IE900 order is finally on its way (after waiting since early Sept), normally I'd be extremely pleased...But with the talks of the significainly cheaper IE600...
Nah mate dont question it. The IE600 is gonna be great for sure but it wont beat the IE900. Especially the finish of the headphone wont be even close to the IE900 (i know its not using a cnc machine) just enjoy knowing you got the best of the best (at the very least from sennheiser)

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #2,665 of 4,836
My IE900 order is finally on its way (after waiting since early Sept), normally I'd be extremely pleased...But with the talks of the significainly cheaper IE600...
Finally! I haven't regretted my IE900 even once after my purchase a few months ago, it is a real good IEM. I say don't bother with anything less. Also make sure to try Precogvision's IE900 EQ, i am really liking it at the moment. Enjoy once it arrives!

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #2,667 of 4,836
Is this one of the best IEM of this type for watching movies, both comfort and big sound? I am wondering what other alternatives are out there for single dynamic driver IEM.
Xelento ...single dynamic too.
I like the IE900 sound quality and I use it quite often, the Xelento with some PEQ adjustments are not so far for sound quality but quite more comfortable to in the ears, so usually I prefer to use Xelento for more than 3 hours sessions.

And the IER Z1R is probably the best single dynamic with the deepest and fastest ultra low frequencies (IE900 is a bit muddy compared the Z1R).. but Z1R is maybe the most uncomfortable too !!! so I don't try to repair mine (one driver is broken).

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #2,668 of 4,836
Xelento ...single dynamic too.
I like the IE900 sound quality and I use it quite often, the Xelento with some PEQ adjustments are not so far for sound quality but quite more comfortable to in the ears, so usually I prefer to use Xelento for more than 3 hours sessions.

And the IER Z1R is probably the best single dynamic with the deepest and fastest ultra low frequencies (IE900 is a bit muddy compared the Z1R).. but Z1R is maybe the most uncomfortable too !!! so I don't try to repair mine (one driver is broken).
I also own both IE900 and Xelento, and 100% agree with your comments when comparing the two. (If using a PEQ is not an option, then IE900 tuning is far superior)
Haven't heard Z1R, but if it's uncomfortable to wear for long listening sessions, don't see any point in considering them for movies.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #2,669 of 4,836
I also own both IE900 and Xelento, and 100% agree with your comments when comparing the two. (If using a PEQ is not an option, then IE900 tuning is far superior)
Haven't heard Z1R, but if it's uncomfortable to wear for long listening sessions, don't see any point in considering them for movies.
Z1R isn't a single dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back