Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Dec 1, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #2,641 of 4,836
Yeah all the best, I'm sure you won't have a problem getting it resolved. Repairing might be the option for them though as I doubt they have any stock sets kicking around purely for warranty purposes.
Talked with the store where i bought them (flagship store in the production facility) repairing doesnt seem to be an option with the IE900 when something like this occurs and they basically just order a new one. Because i bought in a sennheiser store tho she is gonna prioritize my exchange which still roughly gonna take 4 weeks at least ☹

Dec 1, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #2,642 of 4,836
True, but i will still prefer a set made in Germany.
+1 that I also value Senn's headphones made in Germany. But I understand this move from a business perspective as a cost-saving measure. Just is sad.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #2,644 of 4,836
Funny how i was on the same page wanting a pair Made in Germany and now it failed. Just doesnt make a difference anymore except the price and i say that as a german. Made in ... is such an irrelevant phrase by now.
It used to be different but it applies to a lot of things. I recall when Miele kitchen appliances were more expensive but you knew they would last longer than the competition. That also no longer holds up :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #2,645 of 4,836
Serial number is close to 3700.

The right headphone died for me. First i thought it might be the cable because when i moved it worked again but after switching cables the problem still was there. Either the connector is broken or some internals got loose. No matter what i expect them to just replace the whole unit because repairing doesnt seem like an option without damaging the casing or other internals to some degree and just swapping one unit wont work because the drivers are specifically matched with the IE900. Hopefully they can organize a replacement somewhat quick 🥲
Hmm I am at 3736 🤔 Almost two months and about 200 hours in now. Definitely worrying.

Well hope you will get your replacement asap! All the best!

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #2,646 of 4,836
F for my IE900....

Today it died way too young after just 3 month of use. Wish me luck for a quick replacement 🥲

It happened to me last June with IE900 after 2 months use... it's an automated procedure with Sennheiser support, I had to return the full box as both drivers are paired, and I got a new box in around a bit more than a month later and since August I am using the IE900 as if every day.

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #2,647 of 4,836
It happened to me last June with IE900 after 2 months use... it's an automated procedure with Sennheiser support, I had to return the full box as both drivers are paired, and I got a new box in around a bit more than a month later and since August I am using the IE900 as if every day.
@newworld666 Just curious after seeing your setup, do hear a noticeable improvement when powering IE 900 thorough Centrance M8V2, compated to Qudelix 5K?

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #2,648 of 4,836
@newworld666 Just curious after seeing your setup, do hear a noticeable improvement when powering IE 900 thorough Centrance M8V2, compated to Qudelix 5K?
No, Quedelix 5K and IE900 already offers a perfect pair. With the Qudelix LDAC990kb/s BT is noiseless with IE900 (M8V2 with APTX is not totally hiss free between tracks, though it is with Headphones).
Basically, I use the M8V2 for harder Headphones to drives (Sony Z7M2/Ultrasone Ed15 Veritas and now DCA Stealth), so on the move, I also use the M8V2 with the IE900 as now I can apply some PEQ with my android 10 smartphone via (Wavelet/Poweramp/Neutron).

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #2,649 of 4,836
No, Quedelix 5K and IE900 already offers a perfect pair. With the Qudelix LDAC990kb/s BT is noiseless with IE900 (M8V2 with APTX is not totally hiss free between tracks, though it is with Headphones).
Basically, I use the M8V2 for harder Headphones to drives (Sony Z7M2/Ultrasone Ed15 Veritas and now DCA Stealth), so on the move, I also use the M8V2 with the IE900 as now I can apply some PEQ with my android 10 smartphone via (Wavelet/Poweramp/Neutron).
Many thanks for the clarification.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,650 of 4,836
Cancelled my order for the Ifi Gryphon for the timebeing. Looking forward to any impressions of the IE900 & Cayin RU6 pairing.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #2,651 of 4,836
Well I posted recently about looking for a good DAC/Amp that pairs well with the IE900. I thought I had settled on the iFi Gryphon but I've cancelled my order die to the volume issues.

I'll use my Creative SXFI Amp (AKM) for quick listening, I much prefer it over the L&P W2 (too flat sounding).

I'm looking for opinions for a suitable desktop USB DAC/Amp combo within the £600 range. I don't need EQ, MQA, or anything over 24/192. I would actually prefer 3.5mm SE so 4.4mm balanced isn't required but won't be dismissed either.

I was looking at the JDS Labs Element II, Burson Playmate 2 (not sure if the headphone jack will fit in the recessed socket?), Teac & Marantz DAC's, Topping EX5, RME ADI-2 (over budget, so 2nd hand), Schiit gear?

Cheers for any input.
Well, if you look at the above reply from newworld666, compared with even very high end dac/amps like Centrance M8V2, a small portable dac like Quedelix 5K can give comparable performance out of IE900 because its a very efficient system when it comes to drivability of the earphone.

Since IE900 takes EQ very well like a high end IEM should be, how about going with device like Quedelix 5k. Because it provides the capability of having a PEQ even for apple devices, I think the possibilities are endless to play with and adjust the sound to your liking.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #2,652 of 4,836
Well, if you look at the above reply from newworld666, compared with even very high end dac/amps like Centrance M8V2, a small portable dac like Quedelix 5K can give comparable performance out of IE900 because its a very efficient system when it comes to drivability of the earphone.

Since IE900 takes EQ very well like a high end IEM should be, how about going with device like Quedelix 5k. Because it provides the capability of having a PEQ even for apple devices, I think the possibilities are endless to play with and adjust the sound to your liking.
Yeah I've always dismissed the Q5K as it looks unbelievably unremarkable (read "cheap"). I may get one to play with and see how I get on with it if all else fails. The Cayin RU6 sits well with me but looking for impressions firstly.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #2,653 of 4,836
Yeah I've always dismissed the Q5K as it looks unbelievably unremarkable (read "cheap"). I may get one to play with and see how I get on with it if all else fails. The Cayin RU6 sits well with me but looking for impressions firstly.
I can't stress enough how convenient Bluetooth is when using a dongle, and by all accounts the ifi Go blu sounds better than the Q5K. Busy finishing my review of the GO blu, which I mainly tested with the IE 900. I'll post a cross-link here when it's done.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #2,654 of 4,836
So while i was at the Sennheiser Store i heard some whispering. The IE600 seems to be almost ready to launch. Expect a January release date. The production cost (even though that doesnt include development) is very close to the IE900. Might be an option to switch my 900 to a 600 if they cant find a replacement in time but lets see how things turn out at the end. Im a sucker for the build of the IE900 so i dont mind if there is a headphone 90% as good without the CNC housing for like 700 or 800€ .

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #2,655 of 4,836
Also i have the IE300 as a demo unit while waiting for a replacement of the IE900 (mainly to test the fit of my custom made iem sleeves) and boy i have no idea how anyone could say they are even close to the 900 after listening to the 900 for 3 month. I guess for the price they are fine but the IE900 blows them so hard out of the water its not even funny. If the IE600 is exactly in the middle between the IE300 and IE900 in terms of performance i definitely dont want them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back