Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Sep 19, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #2,371 of 4,806
Sep 19, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #2,373 of 4,806
Just to chime in, I'm in the States (Seattle area) and ordered the IE 900 on 8/24. My dealer said that Senn told them that they won't get a batch until the end of Sept. I've been waiting as patiently as possible. A bit late to the game I suppose.

I also ordered mine on 8/24 from Audio 46. Got it on the 26th.

Sep 19, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #2,374 of 4,806
In this case I think the concern is unfounded. Ireland has a well-established high-end tech sector, and some of the top tech companies in the world have fabrication plants there that mirror those in their home countries. Sennheiser is one of those. Sure, Made in Germany adds some prestige, but I don't think Made in Ireland detracts from the quality in any way. If they shipped them off to China, on the other hand, where the IE 300 is fabricated, that's another story altogether...

Sep 19, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #2,375 of 4,806
I also ordered mine on 8/24 from Audio 46. Got it on the 26th.
Haha, nice. I used to use Audio46 but then had a bad experience with them and looked elsewhere. And the dealer I went with also did trade-in's with reasonable offers. They're not as popular I'm sure, so don't have as much priority with batches, but I can wait.

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #2,376 of 4,806
So I’m in a funny situation where I am getting the IE900 tomorrow after already receiving the Sony IER M9 a week ago. I’ll be able to return one and intend to compare side by side. I know this is the IE 900 thread but bets on which I’ll keep?

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #2,379 of 4,806
So I’m in a funny situation where I am getting the IE900 tomorrow after already receiving the Sony IER M9 a week ago. I’ll be able to return one and intend to compare side by side. I know this is the IE 900 thread but bets on which I’ll keep?

Both fantastic but IE900 definitely my preference. Poles apart also in terms of signatures... a case to keep both if possible!

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #2,380 of 4,806
It seems some active reviewers like Crinacle prefers M9 or Z1R over IE900 ...

1632124627927.png

1632124507534.png

1632124470733.png

I preferred my Z1R too for sound quality, but as I got a severe issue with one driver of the Z1R => so I am using now mainly the IE900 and finally I enjoy it a lot as it is without any EQ. I also got use to the terrific, noisy and hard Sennheiser cable around the ears.

So I wonder if a short time comparison is sufficient to really appreciate fully the IE900, though it can be useful for some to make some PEQ adjustments to fully enjoy them.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #2,381 of 4,806
Unpopular opinion, but M9 is a better iem :)
I would have said different a month or 2 ago ( and i think i did, still being under the wow-effect of IE900 ), but now having sold both, i rate M9 higher.
More balanced, more technical, better tonality in the mids, with highs not as sharp. Also with tips and cables that are actually useful, and it's slightly cheaper as well.
Bass is the main argument for IE900, but i don't care so much about it anyway, both dynamic and BA bass is fine with me.

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,382 of 4,806
I preferred my Z1R too for sound quality, but as I got a severe issue with one driver of the Z1R => so I am using now mainly the IE900 and finally I enjoy it a lot as it is without any EQ. I also got use to the terrific, noisy and hard Sennheiser cable around the ears.
Personally i also cant stand multi driver iems for the most part. Almost always they arent balanced perfectly and make the music sound too technical. The single DD setup just delivers a more pleasant and realistic listening experience for me.

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #2,383 of 4,806
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/Sennheiser IE 900

Ie900 autoEQ worked out my concerns in the bass/mids of the iem. Way way better now.

Forgot the treble scoop, I found the mids/bass boxy. (Subjective to me, since I don't see this mentioned by others) . Waay better in the mids now. Less muddy. Treble less a problem, even with 3rd party tips.

The 30 hz can be dealt to a certain point with différents tips.. as for the mid if it’s a concern indeed a bit of élévation in the 3-4 kHz area sets everything right BUT :
- eq are always a two blade sword as i always find a Kind of « i don’t what » effect on transparency (saying that good résults with a simple Bell with FAB FILTER plug in with AUDIRVĀNA)
- i prefer change the iem
- it’s not the iem i bought .. may be silly but i’m a simplicity (obsession :)) man : one iem at once no eq

Reaching the 100 hrs i would say the sub got more control, the mid bass also, the very slight peak at 7kz just came down and it is a truly magical iem .. as someone Stated you forgot How immediately good they are until you hang on again.. so cool

Don’t know if i’m the only one but i got far better sound with AUDIRVĀNA STUDIO and a simple AUDIOQUEST COBALT than with the AK SE 200 .. a lot better ..but not a nomad config anymore i admit .. but soundstage depth become so huge.. everything is better

@Infoseeker you got the VR1 : you prefer that signature over the ie 900?

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #2,384 of 4,806
I know this has been discussed here, but as thread is getting too long it might be worth the recap.
Could anyone sum up fitting foam tips for IE900?
I'll have to start looking for something, I like the isolation of large tips that are included, however I have problem to keep it in place in my right ear (never had this problem with any previous foam tips I used). It is tolerable while sitting home, however on the go it is starting to be pain in the a**.

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #2,385 of 4,806
Unfortunately even after days non of the included eartips seem to hit the sweetspot for me. So i purchased Spinfits and also Xelento Eartips to find a better fit. Anyone has experience how this will work out when the eartip doesnt have a seperate waxguard? The IE900 seem to be pretty open when no eartip covers it so im quite concerned about dirt getting in. Never had iems with such an unprotected opening so not sure how to deal with that

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back