Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Sep 2, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #2,208 of 4,907
Search the thread there are a one or two options available, some owners have also got clever with a craft knife and modified certain cables to fit.
I've just sent my custom Cardas Clear cable to be ConX-ed by @EffectAudio. ConX mmcx works perfectly with the IE 900 so you can have any cable converted by them. I'll be reviewing the process and experience here, so watch this space.

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #2,209 of 4,907
I've just sent my custom Cardas Clear cable to be ConX-ed by @EffectAudio. ConX mmcx works perfectly with the IE 900 so you can have any cable converted by them. I'll be reviewing the process and experience here, so watch this space.
ConX is just so convenient man.

I'll be getting a few more of my cables terminated to ConX soon.

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #2,210 of 4,907
ConX is just so convenient man.

I'll be getting a few more of my cables terminated to ConX soon.
I agree, especially if you have bespoke cables that synergise so well with several IEMs. My @doctorjuggles Cardas Clear is one of only two ever made, so there's no way I was selling it. Now I'll be able to use it with all my current and future IEMs too.

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #2,211 of 4,907
I agree, especially if you have bespoke cables that synergise so well with several IEMs. My @doctorjuggles Cardas Clear is one of only two ever made, so there's no way I was selling it. Now I'll be able to use it with all my current and future IEMs too.
I couldn't agree more!

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #2,212 of 4,907
Question for the tip rollers - any recommendations for silicone tips?

I love this IEM, and I generally don't really care much about tips, but the IE900 is tip sensitive to almost absurd levels. I'm currently using the stock small silicone tips, which I find sound best, but they don't seal if I yawn. The different sizes also sound different. Stock medium silicone (which I can actually get a good seal with) doesn't have as much bass depth and control and some of the mid-treble is attenuated which seems to impact transient attack. Perhaps that's due to insertion depth.

Just in general, every tip I've tried seems to make the treble and upper-midrange sound off. I'm guessing that's partly due to these tips being unable to reconcile the foam filter in the stock tips attenuating the treble slightly. A quick list of what I've tried includes:
  • SpinFit CP145
  • SpinFit CP100
  • SpinFit CP100+
  • Azla Xelastec
  • Final Type E
  • MEST MK2 stock tips
  • Thieaudio L2 stock tips
  • Stock foam (sounds "OK" like the stock medium silicone, but they roll off the treble and blunt attack)
Some other tips that are unlikely to work given a friend's input:
  • Symbio W Peels
  • Acoustune AET07 tips
  • Azla Sedna Light Shorts
I really hope Sennheiser decides to release some more silicone tips later down the line, as pretty much everyone I've talked to seems to have issues sealing the stock silicones. The walls of the silicone tips are incredibly thin and they collapse when pressed against the ear canal, thus breaking seal. Any recommendations for the meantime, though, would be most appreciated!

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #2,213 of 4,907

I love this IEM, and I generally don't really care much about tips, but the IE900 is tip sensitive to almost absurd levels. I'm currently using the stock small silicone tips, which I find sound best, but they don't seal if I yawn. The different sizes also sound different. Stock medium silicone (which I can actually get a good seal with) doesn't have as much bass depth and control and some of the mid-treble is attenuated which seems to impact transient attack. Perhaps that's due to insertion depth.

Just in general, every tip I've tried seems to make the treble and upper-midrange sound off. I'm guessing that's partly due to these tips being unable to reconcile the foam filter in the stock tips attenuating the treble slightly. A quick list of what I've tried includes:
  • SpinFit CP145
  • SpinFit CP100
  • SpinFit CP100+
  • Azla Xelastec
  • Final Type E
  • MEST MK2 stock tips
  • Stock foam (sounds "OK" like the stock medium silicone, but they roll off the treble and blunt attack)
  • Symbio W Peels
  • Acoustune AET07 tips
I really hope Sennheiser decides to release some more silicone tips later down the line, as pretty much everyone I've talked to seems to have issues sealing the stock silicones. The walls of the silicone tips are incredibly thin and they collapse when pressed against the ear canal, thus breaking seal. Any recommendations for the meantime, though, would be most appreciated!
Radius Deep Mount
Elecom EHP-CAP20
Sony EP-EX11

(they can be found on amazon japan)

1630610170985.png

https://en-de.sennheiser.com/ear-adapter-foam

Is this a hint that the IE 600 is coming? :thinking:

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #2,216 of 4,907

• SpinFit CP145
  • SpinFit CP100
  • SpinFit CP100+
  • Azla Xelastec
  • Final Type E
  • MEST MK2 stock tips
  • Symbio W Peels
  • Acoustune AET07 tips
Acoustune 07 works best for me. Try size M-.
Radius Deep Mount
Elecom EHP-CAP20
Sony EP-EX11

(they can be found on amazon japan)

1630610170985.png
https://en-de.sennheiser.com/ear-adapter-foam

Is this a hint that the IE 600 is coming? :thinking:
That would make sense. The gap between the IE300 and IE900 is huge (and not just price-wise).
@Precogvision Give the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystals (**regular** NOT for TWS) a shot, if you can find your size. I some recently from Audio46, fwiw.
Those are probably a safe bet, though very pricey. May want to try Spiral Dots too, but my rec is still AET07.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #2,219 of 4,907

• SpinFit CP145
  • SpinFit CP100
  • SpinFit CP100+
  • Azla Xelastec
  • Final Type E
  • MEST MK2 stock tips
  • Symbio W Peels
  • Acoustune AET07 tips
Azla Sedna Shorts are my favorite for almost all IEMs.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #2,220 of 4,907

• SpinFit CP145
  • SpinFit CP100
  • SpinFit CP100+
  • Azla Xelastec
  • Final Type E
  • MEST MK2 stock tips
  • Symbio W Peels
  • Acoustune AET07 tips
Do have a go at JVC Spiral Dot++ as I find them to give a very natural treble (but not rolled off). Size MS fits best for me and it gives the best sound, while size M sound a bit flatter with reduced bass. Please note that I’m not using the stock cable, which sound different to the one I’m using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back