Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,651 of 4,913
^
200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,652 of 4,913
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #1,653 of 4,913
Ok guys I finally got my refund after 12-13 business days if you include weekends 15-16days, if you know you got a defective product from sennheiser after going through technicals in Sennheiser America, for Digital River.

Argue for a shipping label at the very beginning, if you are returning for a refund on a defective product. I reported the problem within 24 hours of receiving the product asked for warranty twice before they told me to do refund, I would understand if I was getting warranty and if they were shipping back a replacement I would have to pay for shipping and handling or even a refund on a non-defective product I understand I would have to pay for shipping since it would be just down to taste wise that you are returning it but that wasn't the case my product was defective. I don't think there is communication between Sennheiser CS and DR even though I went through technical and the call should have been recorded.

Emailing them is useless, you have to call them. All you get is automated messages... During the entire refund process you don't get any updates at all. In the end I know nothing more then what I did at the beginning about what happened to my product.

You may say 12-13 business days is fine, but on the refund email, they said once they received the product you should get your refund in 5-7 business days. But since they never provided the shipping label, and I had to procure one myself I had the tracking # I know when they gotten the shipment. It was only after 8 business days since they received the shipment that I called a second time. There they provide you with a case # and this time they tell you they will send you an email once they "find" the product or something a long those lines.

During the initial call, they never said anything about that, they will send a email of them receiving the product it was only after I called the second time wondering where is my refund. They found the product after 35 hours like I said in my last post, but I don't know if it was the fact that Digital river America is slow or the ticket case # open up by Sennheiser that sped up the process. Or maybe they are swamp with returns, or that Digital River is hoping that you will forget.

But after DR sent the second email about the "Receiving" and sending the refund the package on a saturday night 3am... Btw not a business day. I received my refund in 3 business days. Today on 7/7.

Overall. If we throw away all the useless conspiracy theories and just give them the benefit of the doubt for everything.
They are below average to "me" due to the fact they said in their first email they will issue a refund in 5-7 business days after they receive the return package. Which I am 100% sure they gotten since they made me get the shipping label and ship it to them. That the shipping cost wasn't refunded on a defective product. After I went through Warranty to technical to get warranty then back to CS then back to Warranty from sennheiser then Warranty told me to get a refund from DR. Digital River Lied that I will be getting refunded for my shipping, Yes they told me I will be getting a refund for my shipping cost. Never got it. I don't know if I I will get it in the future but I doubt it.

I don't know where the problem was. But all I do know is argue for a shipping label on a defective product on a return/refund. I wanted warranty but was told to get refund... refund said they will also refund shipping cost, Digital river lied at least to me. I know my product was defective and after going through technical sennheiser theatrically should believe that I have received a defective product. I don't know if Digital River River knows that I was sent a defective product or what testing it has went through, But the only thing I do know is I did not receive a refund on my shipping label and that the entire process took 12-13 business days instead of 5-7. Don't know if my second call to them have anything to do with them speeding up the process.

I had "30 days" to return the product to them after they sent the first email according to the message depending on how fast shipping was lucky I lived in NY the package got to them in 3 days to Old lyme CT. Depending where you live in the USA this could have realistically of taken 7 days on ground shipping. After 5-7 business days on the 8th business day or so after they gotten the product, I called them but that would have been 10 days in total, If you haven't gotten your refund yet. Some people might wait a few more days before calling them. Lets just say if we really stretch it for the busy people. a total of 20 days would have passed before a lazy person would have checked up on their refund. Now how long would it take for them to find your package I would not know. But it did take them 2 business days to find my package.

Oh I don't know how long someone else a lazy/busy person might, of taken to get a shipping label after they email you. You can add a few days. It would be cutting it close to the 30 day mark. As a very punctual person, it still took 16 in total after I initiated the RMA process until the second email saying they are refunding you now. Unknown how long the money averagely should take to arrive in your bank account but it took me 3 business days but if you add in the july 4th weekend saturday they sent me the 2nd email 4-5 days?

In total it took me 20 days total as a very punctual person to complete the process from start to finish. What would happen after the 30 day mark I don't know.
Even though, I said all of this to some people they might have given Digital River a very very bad review instead of saying they are below avg for missing their own 5-7 refund date. Don't expect any email replies from them at all, just automated messages there will be no updates.

Now, I am down 10$ and a lot of time on a defective product. I just google'd all of my local audiophile physical stores ... Now they are all on backorder or just don't have them in stock... Sigh Amazon still doesn't have them yet.... Just me and my bad luck. I still want them but i don't want to try and get them through Sennheiser's Diigital River America this time in case something like this happens again.
Thanks for relaying your challenges on the return. This is bound to help other as well who might need to process a return via DR. It does get me thinking next time to order through a retailer that has a reliable, no trouble returns process in at least the first 30 days instead of going through DR fulfillment through Sennheiser.

I generally prefer to support mfr’s directly, but I don’t think I can do that with Sennheiser anymore given my past experiences with DR and this story of your own journey.

Thanks again, and I hope you find yourself enjoying a set of IE900’s in the near future!

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #1,657 of 4,913
Jul 7, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #1,658 of 4,913
I've heard that for the stock tips, the AMOUNT of foam can be different across a matched set. I.e., L/R tips have unequal amounts of foam, so L and R sizes may vary. Is this true?
I saw that too, so I checked. All of the foams inside all of my stock tips are the same size.

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #1,659 of 4,913
@lostcattears yeah, its a usually pain in the butt with these big companies except Amazon. Since you're in NY why didn't you order from Audio46?

anyway, If you're still looking to get an IE900, crutchfield may have some. You might want to contact them first since they're low stock.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #1,660 of 4,913
I saw that too, so I checked. All of the foams inside all of my stock tips are the same size.
Most reviewers stay with the stock 900 tips. So ..... I don't know HOW he (PFS) came up with that account??????????!!! I mean we're talking about Senn's top line $$$ IEM .... made in Germany. And now PFS wants to push SpinFits (via Amazon links conveniently located below video).??? A bit like Z Reviews pushing Dekoni's with every headphone video,

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #1,661 of 4,913
Most reviewers stay with the stock 900 tips. So ..... I don't know HOW he (PFS) came up with that account??????????!!! I mean we're talking about Senn's top line $$$ IEM .... made in Germany. And now PFS wants to push SpinFits (via Amazon links conveniently located below video).??? A bit like Z Reviews pushing Dekoni's with every headphone video,
Reviewers just have opinions and opinions will change , and change quickly.

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #1,662 of 4,913
Hi all, I am faithfully using IE800 for 2 years with Lotoo PAW S1 and incoming L&P W2. Unfortunately IE900 hasn’t dropped in my country so still waiting..

Can anyone with either dongle comment how the pairings sound?

I am hoping iPhone > W2 > IE900 will be my endgame 😂
813CFF3B-3118-4B41-ADAF-E11C6F3A19F2.jpeg
I have s21+ bigger stage, tighter bass, clean and clear mids, smooth highs

Jul 8, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #1,663 of 4,913
Put my SuperBax cable in the ie900 & put SpiralDots++.

Had to file the end of my mmcx ends to expose the rings to fit inside the ie900 recessed socket

fits into its case easier too now
much better fit now.

Attachments

• 20210708_150859.jpg
    20210708_150859.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210708_150613.jpg
    20210708_150613.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210708_150627.jpg
    20210708_150627.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #1,664 of 4,913
That's amazing! Is it a worthy TOTL end-game setup for you? Or need more better dac/amp than W2? Or better IEM than IE900? :p *sorry playing devil's advocate* :beyersmile:
813CFF3B-3118-4B41-ADAF-E11C6F3A19F2.jpeg I have s21+ bigger stage, tighter bass, clean and clear mids, smooth highs

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #1,665 of 4,913
The W2 was good, but I definitely needed a better dac/amp to get the most out of the IE900. I did my comparisons against a Hiby R8, a Woo Audio WA7, and a iFi Diablo. Surprisingly, I did not need the IE Match with the Diablo in Eco mode. It's not a hyper sensitive IEM and it sounds pretty good out of amps that push more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back