Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
May 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #6,196 of 7,699
Also i am finding a little muddyness in the mid range...hope it gets with more burn in as these are new at this moment...

if you lower by an EQ the 100 hz region a little, the muddiness will dissappear. 

I can also advice you to use duouble flange tips and do the tape mod, and punch holes in the tape.

About the cable, you can look at the bright side, you can chnge it.

May 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #6,197 of 7,699
  if you lower by an EQ the 100 hz region a little, the muddiness will dissappear. 

I can also advice you to use duouble flange tips and do the tape mod, and punch holes in the tape.

About the cable, you can look at the bright side, you can chnge it.

Thanks for the advice ... truely the cable can be changed unlike the high end ie800 ... 

May 5, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #6,200 of 7,699
I think different tips will most defently effect how these will sound. the better the seal the more the bass will be prominent. I have tried many different tips over the last couple years with these and still find the stock silicone tips to be the best for me.it's probably just my opinion but I believe these need to breath a little bit to achieve the best sound. I think with other tips that isolate better like the ue 900 tips the bass can be overwhelming but when using the suplied tips it just sounds right to my ears.and in my opinion these for the price perform very well above their price..

May 5, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #6,201 of 7,699
I think different tips will most defently effect how these will sound. the better the seal the more the bass will be prominent. I have tried many different tips over the last couple years with these and still find the stock silicone tips to be the best for me.it's probably just my opinion but I believe these need to breath a little bit to achieve the best sound. I think with other tips that isolate better like the ue 900 tips the bass can be overwhelming but when using the suplied tips it just sounds right to my ears.and in my opinion these for the price perform very well above their price..

You are totally right!

Ie8 are one of the best iems that money can buy.

In fact, for everyday usage, they beat most of what was ever built, they are just so right!

I found that double flange stock tips worked best, providing me with that liquid bass i wanted. I had some quircks with single lange stock, they would fall out of my ears when walking. On the other hand, single flange sound better if i am not moving around.

I had tested a few other iems, and ie8's are amazing, that soundstage is amazing.

The most important aspect is that they do not have to be pushed too deep. the sound is best if they are at the entrace of the ear canal, that is the sweet spot for them. enough to isolate, but no deeper. Sadly, this does not really works for me when i walk, they tend to slip out, so i end up wearing them deep inserted most of times.

May 5, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #6,202 of 7,699
hey skerry George ^_^
I believe they have too much of a colored signature to be called one of the best. I do love them a lot and I'm obviously not alone, but they're an acquired taste IMO. a better way to put it is to say they're good at what they do
cool.gif
now the fact that they don't need deep insertion is very true. a great many IEMs need an exact depth inside the ear or they'll just spike somewhere because of in ear resonance. and several like the etymotics need a real deep insertion else they just won't have a nice sound.
so in that respect the IE80 is a cool guy that doesn't demand particular efforts to sound ok.

May 6, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #6,203 of 7,699
  hey skerry George ^_^
I believe they have too much of a colored signature to be called one of the best. I do love them a lot and I'm obviously not alone, but they're an acquired taste IMO. a better way to put it is to say they're good at what they do
cool.gif
now the fact that they don't need deep insertion is very true. a great many IEMs need an exact depth inside the ear or they'll just spike somewhere because of in ear resonance. and several like the etymotics need a real deep insertion else they just won't have a nice sound.
so in that respect the IE80 is a cool guy that doesn't demand particular efforts to sound ok.

I am not so sure i can fiind better for the price.

They are very coloured, that is no question, but i think that most people will like their color.

I need to use heavy eq-ing with them to like the signature, but they sound nice in the end.

May 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #6,204 of 7,699
Also bought the IE80 again (after i sold them 3 Months ago and then started to regret selling them). They should arrive today and i can't wait to listen to them with my IPhone 5s / Cayin C5 Combo (which by the way, is also driving my Beyerdynamic T1 at a fairly decent level when i am sitting on the balcony).

May 6, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #6,205 of 7,699
If one likes warm sound, 80 is one of the best IEMs. Most 3D sound and fullsize headphones sound of an IEM. Somehow I think it's better than 800. 800 does have better quantities in many aspects than 80 (not all sapects), but 80 is more enjoyable to listen. I really agree with StanD's signature: Some people use music to listen to their equipment, I use equipment to listen to music.

May 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #6,208 of 7,699
  Warm sound? A bit laid back mids and sharp highs (not sibilant but on the brighter side). That should be exact opposite of warm sound...

I fiint the treble not enough. i need much more treble.

On the other hand, i really like how the treble is presented after adding some 16 khz with an wq.

I would not call it warm, more on the V shape side, warm is... something that is also dark, with a little recessed treble... like LCD3. they sound awesome in so many ways, and are warm, by dfinition, i would say...

May 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #6,209 of 7,699
  I fiint the treble not enough. i need much more treble.

On the other hand, i really like how the treble is presented after adding some 16 khz with an wq.

I would not call it warm, more on the V shape side, warm is... something that is also dark, with a little recessed treble... like LCD3. they sound awesome in so many ways, and are warm, by dfinition, i would say...

Depend on the way one listens to music. 80's treble is perfect for a long period listening. More brighter treble is euphonic, but one cannot listen to it too long, at least not to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back