Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #6,166 of 7,699
you are absolutley right!

i also listen loud, but i still get some noise from the street. Bucharest is a noisy place.

I considered the combo posted above the only combo with true deep and complete bass with zero distortion, that i ever heared. Maybe ie800 and a few can do better, but i am not sure.
i think you can be happy with what you have, the price for the IE800 does not justify the extend of being better, as most normal people won't even hear a difference

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #6,167 of 7,699
i think you can be happy with what you have, the price for the IE800 does not justify the extend of being better, as most normal people won't even hear a difference

the difference is easy to hear. i tested ie800, and they are not even similar to ie8. they seem much clearer, everything seems much more real, like you awake after a long dream

ectremely vivid...

how do i put it, ie800 are around 15% better than ie80s.... it is another world, but you can see that ie80 were not that cheap either... i was shocked when i discovered that ie800 was that much better. i expected them to be just a little better. all even after having ie800, ie8 are... their own thing. with a different soundstage, different bass, and different CONFORT!

comparing them, ie8 are much much easier to wear, are much more confortable, and provide a different, assuring feeling. even though ie800 are iems, you cannot really sweat with them, as they will harden, and they are microphonic. Not that bad, but if the split moves, you hear it move, if you have beard, you hear the cables touching every single hair from your beard...

all in all, for walking and enjoyment, ie8 are easier, while ie800 are much more better sounding.

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #6,168 of 7,699
the difference is easy to hear. i tested ie800, and they are not even similar to ie8. they seem much clearer, everything seems much more real, like you awake after a long dream

ectremely vivid...

how do i put it, ie800 are around 15% better than ie80s.... it is another world, but you can see that ie80 were not that cheap either... i was shocked when i discovered that ie800 was that much better. i expected them to be just a little better. all even after having ie800, ie8 are... their own thing. with a different soundstage, different bass, and different CONFORT!

comparing them, ie8 are much much easier to wear, are much more confortable, and provide a different, assuring feeling. even though ie800 are iems, you cannot really sweat with them, as they will harden, and they are microphonic. Not that bad, but if the split moves, you hear it move, if you have beard, you hear the cables touching every single hair from your beard...

all in all, for walking and enjoyment, ie8 are easier, while ie800 are much more better sounding.
I did try them too, so I Know they are good even maybe the best but 699 Euro I expect no hassles, and much longer warranty than 2 year.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #6,172 of 7,699

customs... :)

but is the canal size good for customs? compared to my atrios last time, ie80 is much wider. 

subjectively, reducing the diameter with other brands of tips does feel like I'm losing a bit of the soundstage. but I can't really say if it's a signature change or something more elaborate.

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #6,174 of 7,699
Hey guys,
Just got my ie80 and it's really good. One thing I find is that sometimes the vocals can be recessed in rock songs. Seems like I'm sitting in the middle row of a concert.

I don't know much about after market cables, but would any of them bring out the vocals more forward?

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #6,175 of 7,699
Does anyone get a harshnes when listening at loud volumes or alternatively if you get a certain high pitch vocal or instrument on some notes hurts? I'm listening with a Fiio X3 and 24 bit RIPS so I wonder if its just my ears or the headphones. Surely can't be the equipment?

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #6,176 of 7,699
Hey guys,
Just got my ie80 and it's really good. One thing I find is that sometimes the vocals can be recessed in rock songs. Seems like I'm sitting in the middle row of a concert.

I don't know much about after market cables, but would any of them bring out the vocals more forward?

IMHO No. Although others will claim otherwise. I think what you are complaining of may be down to the midbass overhang or "veil". Try EQ. 2dB cut at 100Hz and maybe a lift in the top end. Works for me! :)

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #6,177 of 7,699
Thanks krismusic

Yeah its like a veil!

It's like if you had a speaker, and say only vocals were being outputted and you covered the speaker.. the sound is not outputted to its fullest. But everything else, the low, highs are full...

Tried the - 2db, but felt it didn't sound good for some odd reason lol..

If only a cable exist that will bring it out forward and more clearer... but I'm highly sceptical about such things lol...

Thanks again!

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #6,178 of 7,699
Thanks krismusic

Yeah its like a veil!

It's like if you had a speaker, and say only vocals were being outputted and you covered the speaker.. the sound is not outputted to its fullest. But everything else, the low, highs are full...

Tried the - 2db, but felt it didn't sound good for some odd reason lol..

If only a cable exist that will bring it out forward and more clearer... but I'm highly sceptical about such things lol...

Thanks again!

you have better chances to help the fact by buying other iems. cables do not make this BIG of a difference. 

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #6,179 of 7,699
Thanks skerry!

That's what I thought as well, but going through the cable thread gave me a fraction of hope.. sometimes you only have hope to lean on lol. Then my logical sense comes into action..

It's only on some of the Eagles track, but nonetheless can't complain!

Such a great relaxing iem to be honest...

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #6,180 of 7,699
Thanks skerry!

That's what I thought as well, but going through the cable thread gave me a fraction of hope.. sometimes you only have hope to lean on lol. Then my logical sense comes into action..

It's only on some of the Eagles track, but nonetheless can't complain!

Such a great relaxing iem to be honest...

you could add a better source, or a better AMP that creates less noise, but there is just so much you can change for the signature of an IEM.

Other two things, that i always recommend to make the veil dissappear are to use double flange tips, and to do the tape mod. this takes away all the veil you could hear. it is not like night and day difference, but it exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back