Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #3,766 of 7,699
Quote:
Just purchased my pair off of amazon.de
Only think I'm noticing is it says "discontinued order" under my order queue, but it still says it will be delivered Nov. 23.

Did it do this for anyone else when they ordered the headphones? I'm not sure what's really going on since it's all in german.
Don't want it to never be shipped at all.

Wow I wonder if they are discontinuing the IE80?

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #3,769 of 7,699
Quote:

But aren't the IE800s a lot more expensive, perhaps aimed at a different demographic? Im sure there would have been room for both in the market.

IE 800 will be £600. More than double of IE80's price. so I guess, it is an other category...

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #3,771 of 7,699
Ok I ended up selling my IE80 but I still have the Toxic Silver Cable, if anyone is interested, send a private message ! (I also made a classified)
Why ? you may ask, but IEM are not for me after all. At the beginning, they grew on me because they had a killer sound, the silver cable and the double flange eartips bring the IE80 to a whole new level to my ears, but whatever I was doing I had fitting issues, my left earhole is somewhat not accepting any eartips... :/
And I didn't want to go custom. So eventually I switched to headphones again !

Enjoy !

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #3,772 of 7,699
I was using google chrome but just a few things can't be translated since it was embedded into the Amazon website itself.
The headphones have been shipped and are going to arrive next week on Monday. The item itself still says it's discontinued though...

So I'm assuming once it sells out on that website, that's pretty much it?

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #3,773 of 7,699
Quote:
Ok I ended up selling my IE80 but I still have the Toxic Silver Cable, if anyone is interested, send a private message ! (I also made a classified)
Why ? you may ask, but IEM are not for me after all. At the beginning, they grew on me because they had a killer sound, the silver cable and the double flange eartips bring the IE80 to a whole new level to my ears, but whatever I was doing I had fitting issues, my left earhole is somewhat not accepting any eartips... :/
And I didn't want to go custom. So eventually I switched to headphones again !

Enjoy !

This is my story too. I loved their sound but my fit wasn't perfect. My left ear too never seemed to get a good seal.

I've since moved on to the HE-400, never looking back! But the IE80s will always have a place in my heart.. err.. ears.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #3,774 of 7,699
Hi all!I had some problems falling in love with them.They're good but i'd like a different signature.I listen mainly to dubstep,drum n bass and electro,the bass i very present but it goes over mids and highs,suffocating a lot of details.These are great phones but i want something more sparkling.So i've decided to sell my IE80.If anyone is interested you can send me a private message because for posting in the section of Sale/Trade i have to wait a month.Anyways i've read that westone 3 or heir audio 3.ai have a more "fun"signature,maybe these would be great for my situation.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #3,776 of 7,699
Quote:
Hi all!I had some problems falling in love with them.They're good but i'd like a different signature.I listen mainly to dubstep,drum n bass and electro,the bass i very present but it goes over mids and highs,suffocating a lot of details.These are great phones but i want something more sparkling.So i've decided to sell my IE80.If anyone is interested you can send me a private message because for posting in the section of Sale/Trade i have to wait a month.Anyways i've read that westone 3 or heir audio 3.ai have a more "fun"signature,maybe these would be great for my situation.

Maybe u just need to try different source, other EQ? I also listen to different kind of electronic music a lot, and I am quite happy with my Cowon player paired with IE80...

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3,777 of 7,699
Hi guys

I bought fisbone´s pair and am currently waiting for it to arrive. In fact my gf will be the one mainly using it

From what I understand either you have a good fit with them and they are really great, or you get a bad fit/ear shape and size and they are disappointing (aren´t all the bad fitted IEM ?), so it´s kind of weird as I´ve read mostly all of the posts here and they go from utter praise to lowly bad feedback. Being an audiophile already for many years I know better than to pass judgement over this so I´ll judge them for myself

I´d like to know a bit more about people wearing them cable down have many tried that ? does the socket relief/exit area interfere with the ear lobe ?

Personally I have never fallen in love with BA type IEM´s because of the non natural/metalic tuned sound on most of them so I know for a long time dynamic speakers is my thing, that´s why IE80 is entering (EX1000 out of my price tag)

Then again it´s no slouch this IE80 has produced 252 pages (so far) of comments on HF

I hope both of us get a good fit, my ears are somewhere between mid to large (on tip size) and have a lot of comply and other tips at hand, hers are small to medium

Soon enough I´ll be posting a review of the Neco V3(.1) amp together with the IE80 (and others), I have a feeling they will mate very well and the twin op amp - 1 per channel - will probably add even more wideness to the expanded sound field people talk about on these

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #3,779 of 7,699
Quote:

zlorena try the tape mode before you get rid of them. This will fix the bass bleed. Barely any mid bass after this but mostly sub bass. Also sub bass will increase with time if you leave this mod in place. Treble and mids will be very detailed. Give it a shot. Should only take a few minutes. Just get 2 small pieces of tape and put it over the black screw adjusters on the IE80 faceplate (this is a vent).

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #3,780 of 7,699
Quote:
the housing is a bit big when you try to wear them cable down, after my whining and kicking initially i've gotten used to over the ears cabling so I don't mind it at all anymore

Same here. Actually I now prefer over the ear and get irritated if I have to wear them down lol. As I can hear microphonics and the feel is actually heavier wearing them down. Also I think it's more noticeable while out in public wearing them down than up :). So more cumbersome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back