Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #7,201 of 8,119

sorry for the huge picture and zero photo skills.  neways its much thicker than the stock cable because (i assume) its two strands vs the stocks 1. if the stock is 2 also, then they are much more thin.  then the two sides meet and its 4 strands all the way to the connector.  

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #7,204 of 8,119
Guys I am having the tip issue in the right peice of IE8s. There is visible difference in left peice sound from IE8's right peice as left one gives a perfect seal while right not so much. I am a bit sad I cant get a good seal from from the tips supplied with packaging as I have klipsch S4 and these fit amazingly. Can anybody help me out on this what should be my way out?? I am new to this hobby and it pains that I have spent a lot on these and I cant get good seal which is essential for getting the amazing IE8 sound.

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #7,205 of 8,119

Quote:
Guys I am having the tip issue in the right peice of IE8s. There is visible difference in left peice sound from IE8's right peice as left one gives a perfect seal while right not so much. I am a bit sad I cant get a good seal from from the tips supplied with packaging as I have klipsch S4 and these fit amazingly. Can anybody help me out on this what should be my way out?? I am new to this hobby and it pains that I have spent a lot on these and I cant get good seal which is essential for getting the amazing IE8 sound.

If you go back several pages here all the way to the 460s-470s, you will find discussions regarding ear tips. There are countless solutions you can find that's relatively inexpensive and very effective to get the perfect sound you desire. I got my hands on finally the Sony Hybrids, but the effect on the sound using them does not work out for my favor, besides, the hybrids could be tedious to install on the IE-8. Comply foamies are good alternatives, I would recommend the TX-500 instead of the suggested 400, the former is a breeze to install, while with the 400s you can damage the sprout of the plugs.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #7,206 of 8,119
For people using the ie8 with iphone 4, what volume do you set it at? 

I find it weird because I found it uncomfortable (kind of screechy) at 1 block and when i set to 2 blocks it felt more comfortable. However I tend to resist from going to 2 blocks because I'm afraid it might be too loud. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #7,214 of 8,119
I finally got myself an IE8 with silver cabling , however later on due to comfort issue I switched to using stock cable. 

At first i found the sound (w stock cable) veiled and bassy but after awhile it became very balanced sounding with very nice and realistic tone/timbre.  Despite its clarity doesn't match armatures like um3x, sm3 etc... the ie8 just sound more realistic to my ear and its a definately an upgrade to ie7. In the past i only had clarity in mind but now i place tone/timbre accuracy above the 'perceived' clarity in importance

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #7,215 of 8,119

I don't think Play ship outside the UK.
frown.gif

Quote:
Thanks, Shamrock:)
Im not looking for cheap sennheiser, Im looking for original.
Play com would be fine, if they provide shipping to Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back