Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #7,171 of 8,119
You may consider getting a pure silver cable for you IE8s. It will take them to another level. I find them better now than the Sony Ex1000s.

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #7,173 of 8,119
lol :wink: it is a bold statement and I own them so I have the right to my opinion lol. I've stated this on the Sony thread as well. So far how are you liking your Silver 8s compared to your JH16 of yesteryear?

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #7,174 of 8,119

Quote:
lol :wink: it is a bold statement and I own them so I have the right to my opinion lol. I've stated this on the Sony thread as well. So far how are you liking your Silver 8s compared to your JH16 of yesteryear?

personally, i havent heard anything to top the jh16 out of the universals (it was my only custom).  each universal is missing some element of the jh16 that makes it so great as a whole.  to some customs might be overrated and expensive, but when youre spending the type of money some of us do on amps, headphones, sources, it really isnt that much to gawk at.  

the silver8s are good, but not up to the challenge.  overall, the w4 came close but in the end it wasnt engaging enough for me.  the silver8s are engaging and fun, but are missing something int he wow factor region that i havent picked out yet.  i havent had much time with them the last couple days. family stuff. 

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #7,175 of 8,119

That sounds good. I'm always looking forward to upgrading just in this particular case I gotta tread real carefully lol, too much money at stake to be disappointed in the least.
Quote:
personally, i havent heard anything to top the jh16 out of the universals (it was my only custom).  each universal is missing some element of the jh16 that makes it so great as a whole.  to some customs might be overrated and expensive, but when youre spending the type of money some of us do on amps, headphones, sources, it really isnt that much to gawk at.  

the silver8s are good, but not up to the challenge.  overall, the w4 came close but in the end it wasnt engaging enough for me.  the silver8s are engaging and fun, but are missing something int he wow factor region that i havent picked out yet.  i havent had much time with them the last couple days. family stuff. 

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #7,179 of 8,119
Caracara what DAP do you use to drive your IEMS? I use a sansa/iphon4 for non critical listening coupled to my UHA4. I use the Sflo2 for a more enjoyable and dynamic experience. Listening to boadicea right now and it sounds amazing.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #7,182 of 8,119
Silver cables eh...? Not sure what mine are made of but the cables I have from beat audio take the ie8s to another level....

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #7,184 of 8,119
If you're asking where to get the cables? I got mine from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/120704302992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a897f90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back