Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #7,156 of 8,119

Quote:
can every f'in thread NOT turn into a **** cable or burn in debate.  just drop it. 

Lol we'll drop it once you've come to a conclusion yourself on the matter with more usage of these IEMs
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #7,157 of 8,119
using the y split, i can get them to stay in place much better wearing them up.  its an odd feeling... i feel like i have great seal and comfort, but they dont take a lot of fuss to put in and pulll out.  i was thinking maybe the seal isnt that good, but even if i press gently on the monitor, the sound doesnt change so the seal is good.  i feel like if i turned my head to look at something quickly, they would fall out.  using the bi flange.   coming from customs and foam tipped W4s, these feel a lot less stable in the ear.  sound is wonderful tho.  full, clear, and fun!

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #7,158 of 8,119
I have been scouring the internet to find a pair of these for a reasonable price to upgrade my Fischer Audigy's.

In the mean time, I am trying to amass a few sets of tips to try to get a good seal. I have already bought the Sony Hybrids sampler, and am looking into a Monster SuperTips sampler. Has anyone had any luck with other tips?

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #7,159 of 8,119
I have been scouring the internet to find a pair of these for a reasonable price to upgrade my Fischer Audigy's.

In the mean time, I am trying to amass a few sets of tips to try to get a good seal. I have already bought the Sony Hybrids sampler, and am looking into a Monster SuperTips sampler. Has anyone had any luck with other tips?

There is a seller on eBay who sells them for around $300.00 and he is an authorized Sennheiser dealer. You may be able to call him and negotiate a price. I won the bid at $300.00. My first pair was $265 but that was from a non-Authorized dealer so if I didn't have my square trade warranty I would have been screwed.

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #7,160 of 8,119

Quote:

Just call JR and negotiate the price down to $255 like it was a car.

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #7,163 of 8,119

Quote:
That could prove difficult unless he/she was to buy more than one pair, at least at that  price.

I just called and asked what kinda deal they can do for me on an IE8. They replied $299 and I told them an authorized dealer on eBay has them for $288 at the time. They replied with $275 and I told them I've read about people getting it for $250. They replied with the lowest the can do is $265 and that the retail is $499. I told them $255 and we got a deal. Then he went to go check if they can go that low, came back saying ok we have a deal. So I got mine for $255 shipped and was a happy camper. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #7,164 of 8,119
nice. Wish I knew this I could have saved $50 bucks lol. Oh well next time. Wonder if this would work for any of the sellers of JVC FX700 :wink:. Work your magic guys and get me a deal for $250 for the Victors.

Aug 5, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #7,165 of 8,119
Can someone measure their ie8's cable length for me please? I just bought a used pair and everything checks out to be real. The sound sig is in line with the Sennheiser sound and similar to my ie7. The bass knobs also work correctly. I'm a little worried because the cable length is slightly longer than my ie7, but according to the specs they both come in at 1.2m. I measured my ie7 and it's exactly 1.2m while the ie8 is about 1.23m or so.

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #7,168 of 8,119
just slightly below the IE8 driver housing. I didn't put my IE8s back onto the cable to test this but its clearly visible that the IE8s are just a tad bigger. Barely though.

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #7,169 of 8,119
If they sound similar to your IE8s then don't worry about it. Also you can always get a warranty from square trade if you're concerned.

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #7,170 of 8,119
Quote:
just slightly below the IE8 driver housing. I didn't put my IE8s back onto the cable to test this but its clearly visible that the IE8s are just a tad bigger. Barely though.

Yup, that's about right! I wasn't too concerned at first as it sounded right and had all the physical traits of it being real. But the length threw me off a bit and I was fixated on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back