Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #7,216 of 8,119
For people using the ie8 with iphone 4, what volume do you set it at? 

I find it weird because I found it uncomfortable (kind of screechy) at 1 block and when i set to 2 blocks it felt more comfortable. However I tend to resist from going to 2 blocks because I'm afraid it might be too loud. 

For me half volume is decent on the iPhone 4 although I usually use my amp via lineout dock because it sounds better that way.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #7,217 of 8,119
I finally got myself an IE8 with silver cabling , however later on due to comfort issue I switched to using stock cable. 

At first i found the sound (w stock cable) veiled and bassy but after awhile it became very balanced sounding with very nice and realistic tone/timbre.  Despite its clarity doesn't match armatures like um3x, sm3 etc... the ie8 just sound more realistic to my ear and its a definately an upgrade to ie7. In the past i only had clarity in mind but now i place tone/timbre accuracy above the 'perceived' clarity in importance

So what silver cable did you get? Mine are over the ear just like stock and I find them quite comfortable. No way I could go back to the stock cables after getting use to them. You can eq the midbass to help with the veil and basseness.

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #7,218 of 8,119
hi there, can you guys check something for me? I just read the specifications at the back of the box (in dutch) and I discovered a typo. at the paragraph 'nederlands' at the subparagraph 4 my box says 'Kankregelaar' but it should be 'Klankregelaar'. Is this the same at your boxes or is mine fake? thanks in advance!

Aug 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #7,222 of 8,119
Quote:
hi there, can you guys check something for me? I just read the specifications at the back of the box (in dutch) and I discovered a typo. at the paragraph 'nederlands' at the subparagraph 4 my box says 'Kankregelaar' but it should be 'Klankregelaar'. Is this the same at your boxes or is mine fake? thanks in advance!

Can someone with an older box check this? Mine doesn't even have that line, the Nederlands section only has 5 points. My pair is about 2 years old.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #7,223 of 8,119

Quote:
     Quote:

I have the TF10 and SE530, but the IE8 gets more listening time. It has a relaxed, cohesive presentation that I find agreeable in an earphone. It's also less fiddly for me to fit than the other two. 

Diana krall sounds especially good with the ie8s. Ah....

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #7,227 of 8,119
So Caracara how many hours would you estimate you've put onto your IE8s and have you noticed any changes thus far in the overall sound signature? Id estimate I'm over that 400 hour mark and things have generally gotten smoother. I actually find the IE8s very enjoyable at sane listening levels. Some cans/IEMs I have a hard time finding that balance where I want to pump it up more but then it offsets something such as too much treble.

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #7,228 of 8,119
on my box, the Nederlands descript has only 5 paragraphs, where the rest of the languages have 6.
Sennheiser seems to be more inconsistent than the knockoff manufacturers; perhaps this was done on purpose, lol.

Quote:

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #7,229 of 8,119

Quote:
So Caracara how many hours would you estimate you've put onto your IE8s and have you noticed any changes thus far in the overall sound signature? Id estimate I'm over that 400 hour mark and things have generally gotten smoother. I actually find the IE8s very enjoyable at sane listening levels. Some cans/IEMs I have a hard time finding that balance where I want to pump it up more but then it offsets something such as too much treble.

to be honest, i havent been able to get a ton more on.  i think im only around the 50-75hr mark.  having a setup in house like a zana deux and t1/hd650 leads to less time with my portable setup.  now the ZDSE is sold and i am ampless so i suppose the ie8 will get a lot more play time in the next couple weeks. :)   i havent put any more time with the stock cable though.   

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #7,230 of 8,119

Quote:
on my box, the Nederlands descript has only 5 paragraphs, where the rest of the languages have 6.
Sennheiser seems to be more inconsistent than the knockoff manufacturers; perhaps this was done on purpose, lol.

haha, really strange, but it's really irritating because it makes IE8 owners uncertain as they don't know whether  it's a mistake from sennie or if they are fake..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back