Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #1,141 of 8,119
you never know if it is one more year. i said that 3 times. uni was done at age 27 for me (degree) but finished officially in 26th year of my life.

oh yes, two other schools in the meantime, one year abroad (no count for the big degree) and a failed computer programming course... shucks.

oh yes, finally loads of beer. uni, beer. the two are inseparable.

oh yes: americans go to college because they don't distinguish between college and uni. in fact, most seem to say college rather than uni. strange but fun for threads like this.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #1,142 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2

I'm good at math, can you tell?

On a scale of 1-10, do you know how good you have to be at math to succeed in acoustical engineering?

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #1,143 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you never know if it is one more year.

I need to be done after next year. School costs too much.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a scale of 1-10, do you know how good you have to be at math to succeed in acoustical engineering?

On a scale from 1-10?...

C#

(That doesn't even make sense.... That wasn't even funny.)

I KNOW
mad.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #1,144 of 8,119
^Do you know how good you have to be at maths for aerospace engineering
tongue.gif

Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone here got custom tips for their IE8? I want to get a pair done, but I have no idea where to do so. Anyone know an ear clinic in Hong Kong that would do such things since I'm going there next week?

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #1,147 of 8,119
I must say, the microphonics the cable is giving me, when wearing them downwards, is getting pretty annoying. Especially when they are still in, when not playing music, everytime i inhale/exhale: constant noises.. Now i really hope there's a good cable-company seeing the potential in these buds!

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #1,149 of 8,119
Where do you get replacement Senn tips from? I can't seem to find them on the Senn website. Are there other sources? I think I may have seen someone reference this on this thread or another, but I can't find it now.

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #1,150 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you get replacement Senn tips from? I can't seem to find them on the Senn website. Are there other sources? I think I may have seen someone reference this on this thread or another, but I can't find it now.

If you are looking for the normal tips that came with the IE8's. We have a replacement set in stock.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #1,151 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for the normal tips that came with the IE8's. We have a replacement set in stock.

I got my IE8's from you guys in the first place, but I didn't see anything but the Comply tips on the site when I checked before. I just missed it. Anyway, thanks,and I'll send you an email re what I'm looking for.
regular_smile .gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #1,154 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Place my order for the IE8's yesterday. (Back-ordered).

I'm like you and everyone else - I put my order in the weekend and I'm just waiting for stock to come in and them to get posted. I'm really looking forward to them now. I can't moan seeing as I got them for £170 and won the money at poker to pay for them lol
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #1,155 of 8,119
So I just received my IE8 in the mail and I've been listening to it for about an hour now and jumping between various tips. I'm actually kind of disappointed.

I know the sound will change with burn-in, but I can't get nearly the kind of isolation as I could with my Etymotic HF2s with Shure Olive tips. Hopefully the highs will tighten up and become as detailed as the HF2s, because right now they sound a little muddy. I did notice the soundstage is slightly bigger than the HF2s, and there is much much more bass, which was the biggest weakness with the HF2s.

I'm going to burn them in now with a loop of 20 mins of pink noise followed by 2 mins of silence and see what that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back