Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #1,111 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, what? Am I reading that right? Does Sennheiser have a record of the performance of each individual headphone/earphone they make?

The HD800 are hand assembled in germany, and testing the HD800 response curve is part of quality control.

Jan 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #1,112 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800 are hand assembled in germany, and testing the HD800 response curve is part of quality control.

That's cool that customers are actually able to see that information though. But as kaushama said, for $1400 (seriously??), they should.

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #1,113 of 8,119
I was taking off the black foam included tip (not with force!) and the nozzle just came off!!!!!!
what do i do??
they come with 21 day DOA warranty.. should i claim it was DOA or ___???

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #1,114 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NSX 23, as you have shown interest in the Hd650s
look here for the New HD800s.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sen...review-398829/

Sennheiser HD800 Brochure - a set on Flickr

Enjoy, be warned though these are some of the ugliest phones I have ever seen, FWIW.

HD800 release = Cheaper HD650
biggrin.gif

Perfect.

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #1,115 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jogiya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was taking off the black foam included tip (not with force!) and the nozzle just came off!!!!!!
what do i do??
they come with 21 day DOA warranty.. should i claim it was DOA or ___???

Chill dude and contact the seller and send em back for repair/replacement. That is a quality control failure no doubt (or certainly qualifies; there have been a significant number of cases of this happening with other reputable IEM models- SA6, TF10, SE530- and they all repair/replace on this).

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #1,116 of 8,119
Yeah.. I really need to chill........
sending them back for replacement right now!

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #1,117 of 8,119
Quote:

Yeah.. I really need to chill........
sending them back for replacement right now!

Cool, good luck with that and I hope it's both fast and painless!
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #1,119 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it does look cumbersome and fiddly. Where did you acquire this case of yours?

My dad bought me the case from an Audio store in Hong Kong.

However, its basically a de-badged version of the one that came with the Soundmagic PL30, which you can pick up the PL30 very cheaply from focalprice or somewhere else. Heck, the PL30s come with a whole variety of tips, so that would be useful since the stock Sennheiser tips aren't brilliant tbh.

The main thing that annoyed be was that the stock Sennheiser case is massive, but doesn't have room to hold much at all. Also, if you use the shirt clip, there really isn't any room to put it anywhere since you have to wrap the cable around the bottom I section with the stock case, and its a pain.

IMG_9512.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #1,120 of 8,119
Lesson Learned : Don't use the round motion to take off tips from IE8's.. (Instead use the method shown in the User Guide!)

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #1,121 of 8,119
Quote:

Lesson Learned : Don't use the round motion to take off tips from IE8's.. (Instead use the method shown in the User Guide!)

There's a method?
confused_face.gif

I don't have any problems removing the foam tips at all, just a gentle twist, and they're off. But the silicon tips are a different story altogether. For some reason it takes ages to get them to stay on, they just want to ping off immediately.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #1,122 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a method?
confused_face.gif

I don't have any problems removing the foam tips at all, just a gentle twist, and they're off. But the silicon tips are a different story altogether. For some reason it takes ages to get them to stay on, they just want to ping off immediately.

It's not a specific method...
Silicones tips are easy to take off, but if you use the included Black foam tips, they are difficult to take off when they aren't dry.. so it is better to pull it off using the index finger or thumb..
The manual just shows that one should pull off the tip.. (rather than twisting the tip like with Shure and Westone etc) just see the online guide or the included manual for the picture.. (page 9)

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #1,123 of 8,119
looks like nobody will post here anymore as everybody is on the HD800 thread.

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #1,124 of 8,119
Yep, the black silicone tips are an absolute pain to remove for some reason.

More than 25hrs in, the vocals really have improved, and I have a feeling these may be keepers. There's now a bit more air around the vocals, whilst the previously slightly too strong bass has now tamed and balances out much more nicely with the treble.

Might play around with the bass knob again to fine tune it and see what sound I get.

Cecala, I highly recommend you buy a pair and test it out for yourself. If you don't like them, you'd easily recover the cost by selling them here since us Aussies get them substantially cheaper than our US members.

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #1,125 of 8,119
After heavy burn-in with Stereophile test CD's Burn in tones, I think I am taming these little guys.
I think they are going to be keepers! Unfortunately W3 still gives me sibilance with several attempt to tame them!!!!
I will post my impressions later.
Now almost 50+ hrs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back