Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #1,096 of 8,119
That is what I am hearing now Just out of box with 20+ burn in. Mid bass! I hope it will tame itself with burn in!

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #1,098 of 8,119
I personally think the vocals in slow jazz songs (Diana Krall) could be a touch more airy and forward, but after more than 15hrs now the sound really has changed and with a good seal, I think the soundstage is now much wider than out of the box as well.

I don't know about other people, but I find the case design for the IE8 quiet irritating to use on a daily basis. I've ended up using a Soundmagic-style case which works a lot better for me.

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #1,099 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
......they isolate perfectly fine for me on a crowded bus and walking around in the city. i can't hear a thing even at reasonable to lower levels. i have fell asleep to the music on the bus a few times not to be interrupted. thumbs up from me on public transportation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musictang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8 isolation on public transport more or less similer to the Sony MDR-EX90 just acceptable level for me and not fantastic. i need adjust volume from 12/30 to 16/30 on my Sony player, while in room i can listen with 6/30 to 10/30.

Sony S739 bundled noise "cancelling" earphone done much better then noise isolation earphone. it can be listen at 8/30 to 10/30 in public transport because capable to cancell out 75-85% noise, i guess IE8 and Sony EX90 noise isolation maybe reduce 40-50% only....

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! I used my IE8 on the tube today, and they isolated tons better than the EX90. But I expected them to, because they're a completely different design. The EX90 sits much further away from the ear canals, so it's impossible to insert them as deeply as the IE8, and they were never meant to fit like that anyway. They were only okay in totally quiet environments. And on public transport, I used to use 26/30 with the EX90, which is the equivalent of 18/30 with the IE8. So I'm getting a lot more isolation than you. Hmmm...

This just proves that it all depends on each persons ear anatomy, some might get adequate isolation while others find it super. Same goes for SQ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just watched the dark knight with my IE8s. Damn that was good!

Do you have movie listening experience with headphones and if yes can you give a comparison between the IE8s and full size gear(provide brand names).

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the IE8's on two commercial flights today with the Comply tips. The isolation was very good, at least as good as my custom IEM's that I've had for a few years. Perhaps isolation would be a bit less with different tips, I don't know, but with the Comply's there was no issue. And I was sitting right next to the engine.

Sitting next to the engine?? Man, is this one of those really budget flights where you sit on the wing?
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At last...after 300 hours of burning in, the highs have improved dramatically, still room for improvement though (cymbals could sound better imho) what helped a lot was that the last couple of days I did the burning in process using "normal" CDs, not MP3´s and I increased the volume output. I would never have expected them to improve even more after the first improvement after 72 hours, so there probably will be more improvement after 500 hours...strange why Sennheiser gives us no clue that burning in is necessary...

First you put down the Senns and now miraculously after some extra hours of burn in (and further reading here), they all came together!! No manufacturer sets or advises burn in time. Just imagine Joe Blow's reaction to this, 'What a load of _hit'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..........I don't know about other people, but I find the case design for the IE8 quiet irritating to use on a daily basis. I've ended up using a Soundmagic-style case which works a lot better for me.

Yes, it does look cumbersome and fiddly. Where did you acquire this case of yours?

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #1,102 of 8,119
At first i thought HD800 is ugly but after looking at multiple shot of it, it's quite ok. Definitely not classic style, a bit too futuristic but done with taste.

Anyway, back to Senn lil' bro, IE8 hehe

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #1,103 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! I used my IE8 on the tube today, and they isolated tons better than the EX90.

Have you tried turning on the Dynamic Normalizer when you're on the train? You get an extra hit of volume which makes quite a difference with the EX90.

Are u using the same type of tips to compare IE8 and EX90, to me if i use the same tips the isolation level not much differ.

Ya. turning on Dynamic Normalizer volume louder, soundstage wider and sound pretty nice. i normally listen only in low-mid volume level. i'll enjoy so much with Sony player volume 6/30 listening music to sleep...

++++++++

Any one tested IE8 on Sony S63x/S73x vs Sansa Fuse/clip?? which one sounds better?? please advice!

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #1,104 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At first i thought HD800 is ugly but after looking at multiple shot of it, it's quite ok. Definitely not classic style, a bit too futuristic but done with taste.

Anyway, back to Senn lil' bro, IE8 hehe

It looks pretty ugly to me, but it's definitely unique
darthsmile.gif
, thus making it looks nice.

And Sennheiser is definitely being unique recently. Designing a futuristic look for the HD800. Already the IE8 looks like a futuristic military equipment. I can't see any IEM that looks like that either
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #1,105 of 8,119
Admittedly below SQ and sonic character and most other properties, but that's definately part of the appeal for me in universal IEM's, each model's unique build and aethetic appearance and style! I know you can customise the appearance of customs, to a degree, but they all look the same!

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #1,106 of 8,119
But how is the look of this???
bigsmile_face.gif

3178428043_0472f7ba84_b.jpg

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #1,108 of 8,119
Yeah compared to relative lack of Bass and treble.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #1,109 of 8,119
Wait, what? Am I reading that right? Does Sennheiser have a record of the performance of each individual headphone/earphone they make?

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #1,110 of 8,119
Seems like that for HD800 users. They want mind that when you are prepared to pay 1400+$ for their product!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back