Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #1,081 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fairly flat or fairly balanced? I'm more worried about balance.

Dont worry moseboy,they are superbly balanced.
They sound a bit like a rich Er4p.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #1,082 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont worry moseboy,they are superbly balanced.
They sound a bit like a rich Er4p.

That's what I was hoping for. I mean nothing out there in the IEM world is "flat" except for the UE10 (relatively speaking) and the ER-4 as far as I know. Everything else is colored in some way, and hopefully I will like the way Sennheiser colored the IE8.

And I have much confidence that I will.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #1,084 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just watched the dark knight with my IE8s. Damn that was good!

sooooooo jealous

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #1,085 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh sorry i missed your request. relax bro. anywayz they isolate perfectly fine for me on a crowded bus and walking around in the city. i can't hear a thing even at reasonable to lower levels. i have fell asleep to the music on the bus a few times not to be interrupted. thumbs up from me on public transportation.

I used the IE8's on two commercial flights today with the Comply tips. The isolation was very good, at least as good as my custom IEM's that I've had for a few years. Perhaps isolation would be a bit less with different tips, I don't know, but with the Comply's there was no issue. And I was sitting right next to the engine.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #1,086 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the IE8's on two commercial flights today with the Comply tips. The isolation was very good, at least as good as my custom IEM's that I've had for a few years. Perhaps isolation would be a bit less with different tips, I don't know, but with the Comply's there was no issue. And I was sitting right next to the engine.

nice breakdown. i believe this will put some people's fears to rest

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #1,087 of 8,119
Quote:

nice breakdown. i believe this will put some people's fears to rest

Actually, the flight attendant had to motion to me to put my ipod away, as I did not hear the bell and the announcement that all electronic devices had to be turned off. This is the first time this has happened to me, as usually I am able to at least faintly hear the bell or the announcement.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #1,088 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the flight attendant had to motion to me to put my ipod away, as I did not hear the bell and the announcement that all electronic devices had to be turned off. This is the first time this has happened to me, as usually I am able to at least faintly hear the bell or the announcement.

what iems did you use when you flew before?

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #1,089 of 8,119
Quote:

what iems did you use when you flew before?

The UE-5c's since 2004; before that, the Etymotic ER-6.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #1,090 of 8,119
Jan 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #1,092 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManuLM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know how big the comply T400 tips are ?
There is only one size that can be ordered from Comply™ Foam Replacement Tips, Noise Reduction Earphones, and Mobile Phone Earsets with Noise Reduction..
(BTW international shipping via usps is only 7USD...)

Equivalent to the M size foam tips shipped with the IE8 ?

They are very slightly larger than a medium Shure black foam tip. I don't have IE8 to try mine on. If I use them on my Denon C700 or Nuforce NE-7M (or long gone Super.fi 5 Pro) they work well, but they are not quite big enough for me with a shallow insertion with Nuforce NE-8 (the IEM shape prevent deep insertion so it has to seal in the larger part of my ear). If you have slightly larger ears, and the Senn IEM wont go deeply in your ears like my NE-8, then they may be too lose (in those cases I wonder if they make a P400 that might work as it is a deeper tip to grab the narrow part of the ear canal).

Jan 8, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #1,093 of 8,119
Not trying to be a genius here or something. But it looks im abit laggy and slow. I think i know how the IE8 increases and decreases the bass.

Where the Adjustable bass is, that is actually a vent that creates the wide soundstage. When i use my fingers to cover the hole up, the soundstage becomes narrower, nasal-like and the treble gets slightly less (can't describe it clearly, it just sound worse).

So that means, when the IE8's bass is being tuned, its kinda closing abit of the vent (it doesn't close alot), making the treble less, thus the bass becomes more powerful.

I'm juz guessing here. Pls correct me if im wrong. And you can try it yurself too!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #1,094 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I was hoping for. I mean nothing out there in the IEM world is "flat" except for the UE10 (relatively speaking) and the ER-4 as far as I know. Everything else is colored in some way, and hopefully I will like the way Sennheiser colored the IE8.

And I have much confidence that I will.

I suppose you've looked at this?

Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears[0]=593&graphID[1]=603&graphID[2]=&graphID[3]=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones

definitely not that flat...

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #1,095 of 8,119
normal_smile .gif

graphCompare.php

IE8 graph!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back