Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #1,127 of 8,119
Well! Out of the box it was dark. Mid bass with very laid back trebles! I was somewhat dissatisfied. But now bass hump is getting flatter and trebles have more sparkle and energy. Initial harshness in upper mids gone. There was little harshness in in the upper middle registers with busy tracks. Now its gone.
Its sound-stage and imaging is phenomenal for an IEM. I heard such sound-stage with Yuin PK1 and OK1 for small earphones. But for an IEM, this is crazy.
Something about its bass! Though it is still bass heavy, it is unique in its bass impact. The bass is clear and has definition. Layered! The heavy bass does not distort the rest of the frequency profile and almost layered around the performance. As burn in goes on; its bass has become more defined and fast. Mid bass hump is less prominent now. It goes really down too. Bella Sonus is a treat to hear. Although bass heavy, it does not give a boomy performance in classical, Jazz or acoustic music. That is unique too. If tracts are bass heavy it gives an insane bass performance. Though I am not a bass-head I really like bass of this tiny guy. My only complain is mid bass hump. It still need more taming there. I hope it it would achieve that with further burning.
Highs have improved and it gives a realistic high frequency response than a coloured treble response. I still like to see little more extension, energy and weight in this region.
I like the coherency of music too. It gives completely integrated detailed performance. It does not give you the idea of a synthetic performance with too much analytical and detailed performance.
If it was more balanced without being little dark, IE8 would have been the king of the IEM world without any doubt.
This is not a complete write up. I am burning it down with stereophile burn-in sequences. I am waiting my new W3 too. I returned my borrowed W3, after a short audition. When it arrives IE8 would be ready for head on clash.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #1,130 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like nobody will post here anymore as everybody is on the HD800 thread.

Well, HD800 IS the best thing since sliced eargasm bread...

I want one.
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #1,131 of 8,119
Fourteen.... hundred.... dollars........

WHAT

Jan 10, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #1,132 of 8,119
Off topic guys, $1400 USD is like 4 month of hard work for me = D

Anyway will be getting the IE8 courtesy of nsx_23 who did a great job convincing me. Can't wait to get them, the only question is whether custom canal earphones are offered,

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #1,133 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fourteen.... hundred.... dollars........

WHAT

And then probably a couple thousand for an amp that will let them shine.

I really need to go through college, graduate, and start a career before I start thinking about this stuff.

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #1,134 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And then probably a couple thousand for an amp that will let them shine.

I really need to go through college, graduate, and start a career before I start thinking about this stuff.

X2

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #1,136 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you guys go to uni or something?

in America college is synonymous with university. it bugs the hell out of the Canadians i game with when we talk about school.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #1,138 of 8,119
I'm in college.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #1,140 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofbahamut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in Uni too. 1 more year and hell yeah!!

X2

I'm good at math, can you tell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back