Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
May 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #256 of 817
If you want huge bass output and great mid and high, go with super fi 5 eb, however it has built quality issues. First pair has cracked casing, second pair broke out of the box, now I am waiting for my third try to come back from rma. Ue customer support is amazing, no question asked, I even brought it from eBay. I believe other company will not honor wananty from eBay.

May 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #258 of 817
the bi-flange are included in the IE7 package, however the bi-flange people are talking about in this thread is the same bi-flange included with UE. they are different, I can not get a seal with the UE bi-flange tips and I love the stock sennheiser tips, everyone's ear is different.

May 19, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #260 of 817
ive read much of this thread, and other sources in regards to the ie7
Before my wallet empties … I'd like to know, are they for me?
Auditioning them would be the best way to go, but stores that have ie7's and allow auditioning are non existent here (melbourne).

So ill have to buy based on oppinions. i can get them for 260aud/200usd on minidisc.com, thats about as much money i can dish out at the moment.
Maybe someone can direct me better after knowing what ive come across, (my 'sound descriptions' are pretty layman, so please bear with me)

My earphone/headphone history, and opinions on them:
-Alessandro Ms1, nice and clear, didn’t have the soundstage or 'flavour' I was looking for, sold them eventually, I got the ksc75 for ~25aud$ and ms1's for $100aud, they didn’t turn out to be 4 times better. Which was when I realized that price and sound quality aren't really proportional
-senn hd555, along the same lines as ms1, just bloated in appearance and price ($200aud), but it was a short audition
-Creative ep-630, for $30 id say they do the job, but it is still 30$ sound.
-Senn cx300, really murky sound, similar to ep630's but muddier
-koss ksc75, best value of all time, worth having around, if you were looking for the best price to performace headphones in the 10-75 region, id say buy these
-Re2 - audition, clear and kinda neutral, if I had to a chance to start my search for decent sounding canalphones id start with these, similar to ksc75 but in canalphone form, and 3.5times the price
-Crossroads Mylerone x3i , died on me, probably 2nd best to the re2's in terms of price ratio, nice high's and mid's, build quality was shocking, but the jaben site helped me a lot with the dilema.
-Crossroads Bijou 2 (or 3, don’t know), a downgrade from the x3i, kinda dissapointing, very undetailed, doesn’t really perform very well in anything, they are just a tad bit better, if not then the same, as the ep630's

All unamped, I prefer portability =D, if I get ie7's they'll be going into an ipod touch 2g,

Ideally id like a pair of earphones that would wow me for once

The music I listen to is varied, but mainly rock.
Neutrality to me is ok, but I like a bit of flavour, I like detailed mids/highs and bass with a presence, but not too overpowering.

So are ie7's for me?

edit: oh yes, forgot to mention i like soundstage, the illusion of being in the presence of the instruments/voices is awesome.

May 19, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #261 of 817
I think there is a used ie 7 selling on eBay now. But is weird he only has the regular tips. Might be a refurbished unit. Idk, buy it and respond back. The soundstage on my ie7 makes my cx500 sounds like $20 earphone. They are genuine by the way. Ie7 also has really smooth sound and amazing female vocal. The bass is very great, but it is not extremely deep and the high doesn't have the crsip as a top end armature. If you don't mind soundstage as much, I recommand ue super fi 5 eb, but beware of the cracking casing issue. I can not do a direct comparsion now because the eb is still under repair. I will when it comes back. Hope this helps

May 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #262 of 817
Strange question... is the IE7 package small enough to fit through a standard sized house letter box?

Because... my IE7s are either waiting on my porch floor...or at the post office! Can't wait another day!
L3000.gif

May 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #264 of 817
Yeah, that's what I mean. Closed at 12:30 so will have to collect in the morning. Unless they've left it with next door.

Woo, IE7s delivered by courier, ready for collection until 8pm! On my way as soon as the little one is showered and in bed!

May 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #265 of 817
been using bi-flanges(stock) lately and i find them to be adequate in isolation. but i still prefer the sound from stock tip(large) more.
if somehow foam sleeves fits, i find them to be even more pleasing, but again it never last for more than 10seconds...

May 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #266 of 817
Holy crap. 1st IEMs... These are something else! Absolutely out of this world!!!

May 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #268 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats there. Hope to hear your impressions!

Your little one goes to bed before 8pm??

Just listened to dire straits, sultans... Cannot stop smiling!!

Little one is 18 months, bed at 7 every night, sleeps tip 7 am, has done since 6 weeks!

May 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #269 of 817
Comply have the new T-400 with earwax filter and color in black with 3 different size. I just order it, can't wait to try them out

May 19, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #270 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap. 1st IEMs... These are something else! Absolutely out of this world!!!

lots better than your pk1's?

just asking because been vaguely interested in the pk1 and ok1 the last littlw bit, not that planning to get just wondered about buds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back