Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
May 15, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #241 of 817
In fact I like FPE slightly better than IE7. like I said the biggest complaint I have with IE7 is isolation. sound wise they are equally good in different way. I love the wire of IE7 better too
if I gonna upgrade I wish to find something with FPE sound but IE7 bass quantity. better isolation without too much discomfort and wire which as good as IE7.

May 16, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #243 of 817
Alright, I had a quick question for any of you guys here. I am kinda in the market for my first amp, and I am looking for some suggestions. I want it mainly to cut the static coming from my macbook headphone jack to my IE7s, but obviously the sound quality improvement is a big factor too. I was looking at the Fiio E5, iBasso T4, and the NuForce Icon Mobile, and my question is, will the E5 be good enough for now just to start out? Or should I just go straight to the ~$100 amps?

I am leaning over to the E5 mainly because of the price, but also the size of it doesn't make me dread carrying it around, since that is the main reason why I do not have an amp right now.

And while I am on this subject, will getting a LOD be a logical upgrade as far as amping goes? Or am I ok with just running it through the headphone jack of my iphone?

Thanks guys

May 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #245 of 817
Hmm, yeah I didn't realize that, that is a good selling point for me for now...

Do you use your IE7s with your Icon? How does the sound change with the amp?

May 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #246 of 817
i do

i have them in right now

it brightens then a tad, crisps up those highs and makes them a touch more present and clear. helps bring out the detail in the highs due to that extra brightness, making them more balanced as i think they are on the whole rather warm and more about the mids and the bass.

May 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #247 of 817
I have around 100 hours of burnin and still the high hasn't really come out to my liking and the bass is a bit too strong for my liking. However the soundstage is really amazing and the vocal/mid is so alive. I am ordering a ue super fi 5 eb to compare the bass.

May 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #248 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i do

i have them in right now

it brightens then a tad, crisps up those highs and makes them a touch more present and clear. helps bring out the detail in the highs due to that extra brightness, making them more balanced as i think they are on the whole rather warm and more about the mids and the bass.

Awesome, sounds like what I am looking for. However, does the Icon change the bass at all? I think the IE7 has the perfect amount of bass quantity, so I don't want the amp to make it too bright to the point that I can't appreciate the bass again. I don't want it to turn into another PFE in my ears.

May 16, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #249 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see!!!! lol i told you those tips were fantastic

you know i now use those tips on the IE7, IE8, C751 and on my triple.fi's, just best things ever and dirt cheap too. for that bore size they are the best tips ive ever used, easily.

Just got these bi-flange tips you rave about from ebay! Awesome! I've never had such an easy time getting a quality seal. Very sweet! Thanks for the advice! I can't believe how cheap they are too. I wish I had bought more as a back up to the back up!

May 17, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #251 of 817
I was also debating between ie7 and the atrio. I brought ie 7 instead because of the more balanced sound and better look. The ie 7 bass is way enough for me, has more bass then my cx500. My ue superfi 5 eb is coming back from rma soon, I will do a camparsion then. As long as I can remember the eb's bass is not as deep after a long burn in, however I only have around 100hour on my ie7 and ppl say it will require 300+ to be complete, until then, I hope the bass go down just a little bit. Side note: the ie7 will have a much wider sound stage, larger than my hd555 in some case

May 17, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #252 of 817
Could you guys rank the bass on the IE7? From having a RE2 I know I'm definitely not in for the PFE type, so what I'm considering at the moment is the Turbines but buying them locally is about the same price as the IE7 from Newegg assuming they ship to Canada. Coming from a EP-630 I'm almost attracted to anything people deem bloated and boomy, and I'm just afraid that something 'punchy and quick' will just make me regret again. I'm not expecting these to top the Atrios by any means but how do they rank against say the EP-630 and CX300 in bass? or PFE? And would a E5 do anything for it? Thanks

ALso.. how about NE-7M bass in comparison? I'm still reading more about the IE7 but majority of the comparisons are done in relation to IE8 and the IE7 is supposed to be 'neutral' and 'analytical' and all that which is not necessarily something I'm looking for after the RE2s...

May 17, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #253 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome, sounds like what I am looking for. However, does the Icon change the bass at all? I think the IE7 has the perfect amount of bass quantity, so I don't want the amp to make it too bright to the point that I can't appreciate the bass again. I don't want it to turn into another PFE in my ears.

i find it tightens the bass up a bit but i really dont hear any huge differences bass wise. a little bit more control and definition but really its not a big difference

May 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #254 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got these bi-flange tips you rave about from ebay! Awesome! I've never had such an easy time getting a quality seal. Very sweet! Thanks for the advice! I can't believe how cheap they are too. I wish I had bought more as a back up to the back up!

arent they just, i love those things

best audio buys ever

May 17, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #255 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by macbug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you guys rank the bass on the IE7? From having a RE2 I know I'm definitely not in for the PFE type, so what I'm considering at the moment is the Turbines but buying them locally is about the same price as the IE7 from Newegg assuming they ship to Canada. Coming from a EP-630 I'm almost attracted to anything people deem bloated and boomy, and I'm just afraid that something 'punchy and quick' will just make me regret again. I'm not expecting these to top the Atrios by any means but how do they rank against say the EP-630 and CX300 in bass? or PFE? And would a E5 do anything for it? Thanks

ALso.. how about NE-7M bass in comparison? I'm still reading more about the IE7 but majority of the comparisons are done in relation to IE8 and the IE7 is supposed to be 'neutral' and 'analytical' and all that which is not necessarily something I'm looking for after the RE2s...

The IE6 is probably what you are looking for, since the 7, while it doesn't lack bass at all, is the most neutral and balanced IEM of the three. The 6 and 8 focus more on bass, with the 8 having a larger soundstage and better details and highs than the 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back