Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #20,086 of 46,554

I bought the HD650 around May this year I think. So they're not old by any means, but they have had a lot of use.

How strong is the clamp-pressure of your HD650s? Some have commented that the HD650s clamp pretty tightly, and you can flex them outward when you aren't wearing them, to stretch them a bit. This might improve how long the ear cushions last. Regarding any replacement parts for the HD650, check on ebay and elsewhere, for lots or more than one set. It will save you money, and you will always have spares if you need them. Just make sure they are genuine Sennheiser parts. If you have questions about replacing ear cushions / pads, there are YouTube videos how to remove and replace parts.

replacing pads, the extensive guide:
PULL!
the end.
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #20,087 of 46,554
How strong is the clamp-pressure of your HD650s? Some have commented that the HD650s clamp pretty tightly, and you can flex them outward when you aren't wearing them, to stretch them a bit. This might improve how long the ear cushions last. Regarding any replacement parts for the HD650, check on ebay and elsewhere, for lots or more than one set. It will save you money, and you will always have spares if you need them. Just make sure they are genuine Sennheiser parts. If you have questions about replacing ear cushions / pads, there are YouTube videos how to remove and replace parts.

The clamp pressure is fine now, which was not the case when first purchased. I tried flexing them out at first, but stopped because I was afraid I was going to break something. Ultimately I just rode it out by having them on my head.
smily_headphones1.gif
. Will give the pads a wash, and also check out those on sale. Thanks!

Quote:

replacing pads, the extensive guide:
PULL!
the end.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

When I first bought the headphones, I took out one of the pads to check the serial number. Taking out the pads was straightforward, but putting them back again was slightly more complex. I didn't consult any guides, so it took some time to figure out where the pads 'clip' onto the cup.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #20,089 of 46,554
Is the stock cable shield or not?

I laid the stock cable of 650 over my cordless phone the left phone has hiss noise. I removed the cable away from the phone and the noise was gone.

I have AKG K712 Pro and I laid the stock cable at the exactly same position in same way there was no hiss noise from the phone.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #20,090 of 46,554
  Is the stock cable shield or not?

I laid the stock cable of 650 over my cordless phone the left phone has hiss noise. I removed the cable away from the phone and the noise was gone.

I have AKG K712 Pro and I paid the stock cable at the exactly same position in same way there was no hiss noise from the phone.

are any cables with a jack ever really shielded?
I can't seem to get a noise with my hd650, maybe my phone isn't atomic enough ^_^.

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #20,091 of 46,554
Just bought a crack+speedball for my 650s. Hopefully it's a noticeable improvement over my lyr!

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #20,093 of 46,554
  Just bought a crack+speedball for my 650s. Hopefully it's a noticeable improvement over my lyr!

I guess it will depend on your preference as I am sure some would say the move might be a sidegrade (not saying it is, never heard the Crack on Speed). Do you still have your Lyr to compare with? That would be good.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #20,094 of 46,554
Yeah I still have the lyr. I'll post a comparison once i get the crack.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #20,097 of 46,554

I recall another thread comparing the Bottlehead Crack to the Lyr, and the comparison was quite favorable. "iluvmusic 2" is one of the best resources on this thread regarding the Crack. I look forward to your review with initial observations, and then after some burn-in.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #20,100 of 46,554
  Reporting back after a few weeks, I've changed my mind completely and I love my HD650's now :) Extremely happy with my purchase.

You adapted!!!!  The HD650s are kinda like the Borg.  They don't adjust to you, you adjust to them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back