Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #20,117 of 46,565
I believe IKEA call it "Skoghall", its an upright paper towel holder. Made mostly of stainless steal (brushed aluminum) and with a rubberized handle at the top.

The HD600's sit comfortable on the handle and is pretty stable.

It looks to be discontinued on the website but there were heaps still for sale at my IKEA.

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #20,118 of 46,565
How many of you guys think that an upgrade to a <$50 cable would sonically improve the HD650's?

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #20,119 of 46,565
How many of you guys think that an upgrade to a <$50 cable would sonically improve the HD650's?

Not much. For that price point it will make more sense to focus on the aesthetics value or the proper length for use. Think of cables as salt and pepper to a presented meal, focus on your other components and then invest on cables if you want sonic improvements.

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #20,121 of 46,565
  I'd say the same amount of people that believe 9/11 was an inside job.

Unless you want a prettier cable save your money for another pair of headphones or buy yourself a nice t shirt.

+1

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #20,122 of 46,565
That was the answer I was expecting, I'll invest in some better tubes then.

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #20,123 of 46,565
  I'd say the same amount of people that believe 9/11 was an inside job.

Unless you want a prettier cable save your money for another pair of headphones or buy yourself a nice t shirt.

yes but not any T shirt

tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #20,125 of 46,565
  For those of you who is running 650 in Balanced did anyone notice a increased in bass and soundstage?Thanks!

Yes it got abit better imo, more fun anyway.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #20,126 of 46,565
  For those of you who is running 650 in Balanced did anyone notice a increased in bass and soundstage?Thanks!

it would surely depend on the amp. but if the signle ended happend to lack power for max amplitudes, or didn't have a great crosstalk value, then the balance out might help in that regard. but it's more like looking at 2 different amps than looking at single vs balanced.

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #20,127 of 46,565

From going balanced, the biggest difference for me was the soundstage and imaging improvement, and a much more quiet/black background... instrument separation and details are more clear. Bass tightened up (more likely from the improved power of Mjolnir rather than inherently from going balance).

Then again, my upgrade was from a Fiio E09K/E17 setup to my current one... so take that with a grain of salt.

Oct 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #20,128 of 46,565

Yes it got abit better imo, more fun anyway.

Yup i noticed that.Thanks!

it would surely depend on the amp. but if the signle ended happend to lack power for max amplitudes, or didn't have a great crosstalk value, then the balance out might help in that regard. but it's more like looking at 2 different amps than looking at single vs balanced.

The amp is Bottlehead SEX,I been running it unbalanced with the 650 for a few weeks i forgot that it can be run in Balanced just remembered last night so i decided to chopped off the 650's TRS connector and hooked it up in the speaker taps then switch the SEX amp in balanced.I was surprised how good the 650 in balanced mode with the SEX amp,the difference is not like night and day but it's certainly noticeable at least to my ears.Thanks! for your reply.

From going balanced, the biggest difference for me was the soundstage and imaging improvement, and a much more quiet/black background... instrument separation and details are more clear. Bass tightened up (more likely from the improved power of Mjolnir rather than inherently from going balance).

Then again, my upgrade was from a Fiio E09K/E17 setup to my current one... so take that with a grain of salt.

Exactly i thought it was just me theres certainly an improvement.THANKS!

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #20,129 of 46,565
well at least you sound happy. that's the best of sounds
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back