Sennheiser HD598 or 600?
May 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #46 of 53

Quote:
I suspected the Anedio D1 had a bit of brightness, but without points of comparison, I'm not 100% certain. I'm still satisfied with it's overall neutrality.

Likewise w/ my DACPort.  It's a very resolving signature that is mostly neutral.  I'd like to hear the Perfectwave DAC again though, that was intriguing.

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #50 of 53

Quote:
How is the bass in the 598s compared to like the Audio Technica M-50s or(dare I say it) the Beats Tours even? Is there enough bass for bassheads likes me?

It's not a basshead headphone by any means. It's a casual listening headphone with decent volume of bass. Bassheads still need another headphone, preferably closed.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #52 of 53

Quote:
Do you think it has enough bass for rap/hip hop?

I don't really think I ever heard an open headphone that actually had enough. I think those genres only had closed headphones and sub woofer set-ups in mind when making the music.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #53 of 53

Quote:

I don't really think I ever heard an open headphone that actually had enough. I think those genres only had closed headphones and sub woofer set-ups in mind when making the music.

Yeah, only the FA-011 meets that requirement for an open phone.  Don't ask me how it does it, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back