Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 HD559 HD589 HD579 HD599 Support Thread
Nov 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #812 of 1,140
   There is the black (originals), brown, black with red, and ivory. Not crazy!
tongue.gif

Oh no, I only meant in terms of size. Went for an Internet and now I see they were probably the over-ear version. Are those not made anymore?

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #813 of 1,140
  Oh no, I only meant in terms of size. Went for an Internet and now I see they were probably the over-ear version. Are those not made anymore?

Quite the contrary. There are new colours added all the time. The Momentum On-ear is quite popular.

beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #815 of 1,140
  Cool. Perhaps I should hunt for a sale on the over-ears... 
biggrin.gif

I'm sure you'll find one eventually. Might be a few months since it's Sennheiser, but at some point you'll see a deal and just buy it. Same way I got my HD558s for $120 and Senns hold their value, as seen by how expensive (and still good) older models like the HD600 and HD650 are.

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #817 of 1,140
  For producing electronic music which is better ?

Between what, the Momentums and the HD558s? If it's between those 2, I'd put my money on the Momentums (even though I haven't them yet). From what I've read, they offer the more consumer sound sig and seem like they'd fit electronic better with the more present bass response. HD558s are more balanced and natural sounding (not best in show probably but great for the price), great for vocals and orchestral pieces, so if you're actually just going for straight accuracy, HD558s. I'm loving listening to electronic on my HD558s though. I listen to Mitis, Au5, The Glitch Mob, C2C (though I honestly don't know if I should count that as electronic), and edIT if you're what kinda electronic I listen to with my HD558s.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #819 of 1,140
I don't think either the 558 or the 598 can be great for electronic production. They're not fast, they don't pack much punch into their bass. Maybe the 558s have more bass but then the sound sig is rather dark, and IMHO they're more suitable for something less lively. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #820 of 1,140
  I don't think either the 558 or the 598 can be great for electronic production. They're not fast, they don't pack much punch into their bass. Maybe the 558s have more bass but then the sound sig is rather dark, and IMHO they're more suitable for something less lively. 

Like I said above, it can be, but probably isn't a first choice. If your electronic's a bit slower-paced and doesn't need too much bass, then sure I guess the 558s could be adequate. But for more acoustical stuff and vocal things is where I think it would fit better.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #824 of 1,140
  No, but I have an Asus z97-a motherboard with good onboard audio.
If that's not good enough what do you recomend?
Do they have good positional accuracy for fps? good emersion?

I've been super happy with my 558s while gaming and I think it does pretty well, though I don't do any online multiplayer gaming. Onboard sound will be good enough, though not quite reaching the 558's actual potential. I've got a Z87 board from MSI. What's the audio chip on your board? I've got the ALC 892 and I just don't feel like it's up to par on SQ, but the amp part of my board's good enough.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #825 of 1,140

I've been super happy with my 558s while gaming and I think it does pretty well, though I don't do any online multiplayer gaming. Onboard sound will be good enough, though not quite reaching the 558's actual potential. I've got a Z87 board from MSI. What's the audio chip on your board? I've got the ALC 892 and I just don't feel like it's up to par on SQ, but the amp part of my board's good enough.

My motherboard has a Realtek ALC892 audio processor and Realtek software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back