Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Jan 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #212 of 3,545
I think Sennheiser is the Sennheiser of the headphone manufacturers
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #213 of 3,545

Quote:
There's such a thing as a good VW?

Definitely. My 1997 Golf was a fantastic car. It had weird things go wrong with it, but as long as you didn't mind the electronic system having a mind of its own, that thing could easily have hit 300k miles.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #214 of 3,545

Quote:
Don't know where you are from, but in Europe VW is a very respected auto brand, just short of BMW, Audi and Mercedes.

VW has a more checkered reputation here in North America. Certain factories are said to have astronomical failure rates, while others did good work. The rule of thumb was "made in Germany good, made in Mexico OK, made in Western PA, oh no."

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #215 of 3,545
Ohio, in the States.  There's more VWs in the shop than on the road (not really).  Flip the turn signal on and the passenger window rolls down kind of things.  

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #218 of 3,545

Quote:

The Hd650 is as far as I know a popular headphone than the AKG K701. I owned the K701 but sold it, the HD650 is imo much better (too bad because the K701 is really cheap now!). I also preferred the K601 to the K701, more musical. AKG in the old days, now that were some awesome headphones.

I do value your word for many good reasons. First of all, I have not auditioned the HD 650 (im looking forward to it), also I do find the K601 more musical than the K701. However, driven from a good tube amp, I think (and other audiophiles agree) that the K701 will become more musical and gain much more warmth to their sound. It appears that they have more detail than the 650, and they also require about 300-400 hrs of listening to properly burn in (so they say). 

Now, my opinion is I guess very balanced  BIASED, because im an AKG fan, and I also like my headphones to be in between the warm and bright side. (dont really insist on warm headphones)

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #219 of 3,545

Quote:
Ohio, in the States.  There's more VWs in the shop than on the road (not really).  Flip the turn signal on and the passenger window rolls down kind of things.  

You know Citroën/peugeot or Renault in USA ?lol.

Well, HD700 vs European car, a long story...
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #222 of 3,545

Quote:
Alright, who is smack talking VW and why.

I'll smack talk VW because it's the only car I've been in where the airvent breaks by making an adjustment... and suddenly wires fall out! Wires? What the heck?! Also... I ripped the door handle off one by closing the door. Maybe my skinny american butt is stronger than the typical european, but other cars don't do this. Anyway, quality has been on the rise lately and I think it might have something to do with production in the Americas. I think it has made the designers realize that realibility goes beyond having one of the best drivetrains. It requires everything else to work well.

VW's are like Shure headphones. What matters most works really well (drivetrain on one, sound production on the other). What holds it all together is falling apart faster than anybody else's stuff. Sennheiser, however, has super good product quality all around. I wouldn't equate that to Mercedez either. Porsche is far more reliable than Mercedez.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #223 of 3,545
I would just like to say at this point that it sounds like you all drive or have experience with *much* nicer cars than I do. Also, I was just thinking that all of my headphone gear together costs more than the value of my car. Hope I'm not alone in that.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #224 of 3,545
"Real" VW owners don't buy the cars expecting reliability :wink:

BUT pretty much anything newer than mk5 platform should be rock solid.  Some of their cars are even built in Tennessee.

Ok back to headphone-alia.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #225 of 3,545
I almost got buoyed to heaven by the review that stated how good and comfy the HD700, then the treble and sibilance report crashed me down to earth so fast
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back