Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #11,746 of 23,482
  I'm so happy and so sad at the same moment because I bought an HD600 , and I have to wait 2 months to get my hands on it......
biggrin.gif
confused_face.gif

2 MONTHS???? Where the heck do you live, Sri Lanka???
biggrin.gif
Lol, ouch that shipping time really sucks.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #11,749 of 23,482
Has any HD600 owner had experience with the Oppo PM-3 or the Nad Viso HP50? I was wondering how they compare to the HD600s sound. (I know they are closed back hps, so probably less airy and opened treble etc, but I am still curious...) Thanks! :)

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #11,750 of 23,482
I'm expecting some new earpads in the mail, how much of a sound difference can I expect, compared to my current 4-year-old pads?

(Never heard the HD600 with new pads, I bought mine second-hand two years ago, from someone who had owned them for two years.)

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #11,753 of 23,482
  I'm expecting some new earpads in the mail, how much of a sound difference can I expect, compared to my current 4-year-old pads?

(Never heard the HD600 with new pads, I bought mine second-hand two years ago, from someone who had owned them for two years.)

You already ordered them, let's not introduce any expectation bias and just listen with them when you get them. And don't search for it either. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #11,754 of 23,482
You already ordered them, let's not introduce any expectation bias and just listen with them when you get them. And don't search for it either. 

agree

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #11,755 of 23,482
I recently acquired the latest LCD2 and despite having great lows, I haven't reached for them since putting the HD600 back on. I'm purchasing so many different headphones lately and I'm finding all of them rather disappointing in comparison to the HD600.. maybe if they were at the same price point I might regard them higher but right now they're sitting in the box, barely used, ready to be resold. I think I've hit 8,000 hours on the HD600 and they're better than ever :)

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #11,756 of 23,482
I recently acquired the latest LCD2 and despite having great lows, I haven't reached for them since putting the HD600 back on. I'm purchasing so many different headphones lately and I'm finding all of them rather disappointing in comparison to the HD600.. maybe if they were at the same price point I might regard them higher but right now they're sitting in the box, barely used, ready to be resold. I think I've hit 8,000 hours on the HD600 and they're better than ever
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd like to say I know what you mean, but my upgrade actually worked out for me. You should try out the HE-560 if you haven't already. That's what I got recently and I'm loving them. Much like the HD600, I feel these are fantastic all-rounder headphones. I feel they have a similar sound to the HD600, but the HD600s have a slightly more pronounced midrange. Detail is definitely a win for the HD-560, as is resolution and bass impact. The bass isn't more in quantity, but it does still manage to have more of an impact. It's not loose, it's not boomy, but it's just got more punch and extension. They're my endgame headphones for now, though that doesn't mean I'll stop trying other cans if I get the chance
o2smile.gif
. The HD600s still won't go anywhere as they're still my benchmark for a headphone done right at the entrance to hifi world. For far less than the flagship cans, the HD600 delivers an amazing musical experience

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #11,758 of 23,482
I'd like to say I know what you mean, but my upgrade actually worked out for me. You should try out the HE-560 if you haven't already. That's what I got recently and I'm loving them. Much like the HD600, I feel these are fantastic all-rounder headphones. I feel they have a similar sound to the HD600, but the HD600s have a slightly more pronounced midrange. Detail is definitely a win for the HD-560, as is resolution and bass impact. The bass isn't more in quantity, but it does still manage to have more of an impact. It's not loose, it's not boomy, but it's just got more punch and extension. They're my endgame headphones for now, though that doesn't mean I'll stop trying other cans if I get the chance
o2smile.gif
. The HD600s still won't go anywhere as they're still my benchmark for a headphone done right at the entrance to hifi world. For far less than the flagship cans, the HD600 delivers an amazing musical experience

My next order of purchase is a Stax setup then the Hifiman HE-1000.

Are you on acid???

#$!

rhetorically speaking of course.

Other than that everything makes sense 
tongue.gif

What the...? It sounds like you are.. can't even tell who you're responding to..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back