Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #10,983 of 23,469
Hi guys,

After reading a lot about HD600/HD650 I decided to buy HD600. I received them today, but I have one doubt: they were packed in an older box, not current box that sennheiser uses. Does that mean that it is an old version of the HD600? Are there any differences between the phones in the old and new box? They are brand new from the shop.

Thanks for help.
Is just an old stock,for sure they sound identical with cans on the new box,don't think to much just enjoy this amazing headphones!:)
Sennheiser changed the drivers on 2007(white baffle) so since then no change!

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #10,984 of 23,469
AFAIK it was purely a packaging change.
I don't think there is any difference between iterations.
Certainly no one ever said the old ones (which I have) were no good!
Enjoy your headphones.
If they sound good. They are good. HTH.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can confirm that there's no change in the headphones themselves, just a packaging change.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #10,985 of 23,469
  Hi guys,

After reading a lot about HD600/HD650 I decided to buy HD600. I received them today, but I have one doubt: they were packed in an older box, not current box that sennheiser uses. Does that mean that it is an old version of the HD600? Are there any differences between the phones in the old and new box? They are brand new from the shop.

Thanks for help.

There's a different color on the driver screen that according to users makes one version sound different but according to Sennheiser was just a matter of what color fabric they could get at the time but it's still the same fabric either way; differences are attributable to earpad wear. Regardless, if you keep those long enough you might get to replace the drivers, and you'll get whatever Sennheiser has on stock anyway.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #10,986 of 23,469
After having the HD600 for several weeks now all I can say is...classy! Not going to sell off the main system but really impressed with this headphone. More refined than my K612's and more musical than my DT880's Oops! Am I going to get in trouble for saying that?

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #10,987 of 23,469
  After having the HD600 for several weeks now all I can say is...classy! Not going to sell off the main system but really impressed with this headphone. More refined than my K612's and more musical than my DT880's Oops! Am I going to get in trouble for saying that?

This is all subjective so if thats how you feel don't worry about others. I'm 2 days into mine and I can't seem to take them off.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #10,988 of 23,469
I ask before about amplifiers. I was recommended of Matrix M stage and LDMK3.
I noticed DarkVoice 336SE was saled on massdrop. I wonder how about this 336SE compared to LDMK 3 and Matrix M for 600?
Thanks very much!

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #10,989 of 23,469
I noticed DarkVoice 336SE was saled on massdrop. I wonder how about this 336SE compared to LDMK 3 and Matrix M for 600?
Thanks very much!

FWIW, I'm thinking of buying one to play with. No idea what it sounds like.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #10,990 of 23,469
Thanks very much!

I was told the Darkvoice is more of a sidegrade than upgrade from the MKIII. Never heard one but they look cool...

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #10,993 of 23,469
I just received mine from Adorama, is there supposed to be a warranty card in the box? All I have is a sennheiser book.

I think Sennheiser run their warranties by the holographic sticker on the outside box somewhere, I don't remember though. At least that's the case with their lower-tier offerings. There should be a holographic sticker somewhere or some sort of UID somewhere on the box. I recall that being what you'd need to enter on their website someplace to receive warranty service.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #10,994 of 23,469
No you can register on there site if you want.

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #10,995 of 23,469
Hello everybody, I just received a new HD 600 yesterday and I think it sounds quite 'bright' (harsh highs and recessed bass). I'm driving them with a Schiit Magni amp from my PC and have tested it with several reference tracks. I'm currently burning them in with (LFO-modulates sweeps) of pink noise at a medium-loud volume level in hopes to flatten out the frequency response somewhat from more burning in.

What would you guys recommend in order to tame down my HD 600 a bit and add more bass? Perhaps a different source chain or more burn-in, etc.? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back