Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #6,616 of 23,482
thats definetly a possiblity as i stated my hd 650 cable maybe defective somehow maybe its not making a good connection because i really thought all headphones cables sounded the same before this experience ....I rather spend my hard earned cash on another amp then towards cables... im going to be replacing my magni very soon whenever i can find a good ss amp under 300 bucks

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #6,617 of 23,482
I also think the 701 is an exquisite headphone, but the bass is just so lean and dry, I just can't warm up to it.  You have to do something to give it some warmth.  if you find that something, then its a nice headphone.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6,618 of 23,482
I'll never understand why the guys who feel all cable sounds the same are so shrill in their beliefs. I mean, you believe what you believe, no problem, but to repeat it over and over, and over, and over, and..... It's an interesting behavior pattern in that I've seen it so often over the years (I've been in this hobby for over 3 decades!). The cable debate will never end and in truth, can never be won so why bother?

Awhile back there was talk about the HD600's being used in the studio. This past week I got turned on to the Benedictines Of Mary, Queen Of Apostles. They're a group of nuns that sing hymns and chants acapella. Gorgeous harmony (heavenly!:wink: that's recorded impeccably. While watching a clip on YouTube I was pleasantly surprised to see the producer wearing HD600's!

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #6,619 of 23,482
I'll never understand why the guys who feel all cable sounds the same are so shrill in their beliefs. I mean, you believe what you believe, no problem, but to repeat it over and over, and over, and over, and..... It's an interesting behavior pattern in that I've seen it so often over the years (I've been in this hobby for over 3 decades!). The cable debate will never end and in truth, can never be won so why bother?

Think about it as of religious debate. It's been up for thousands of years, so we still have a long way to go! 
biggrin.gif

Some people believe in God, some people don't and there always will be a group of people believing in some Flying Spaghetti Monster. So this whole argument has no sense, in my opinion.

Unlike the religion, though, physical properties of the conductor (cable) are very well studied and hard science tells us there shouldn't be any perceptible differences between two minimally proper cables. So this whole argument has no sense either.

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #6,620 of 23,482
I hear ya! But I'm not commenting so much about the yays vs. the nays as I am about the apparent need some folks have to constantly chime in with the same points ad nauseum. I'm a firm believer in making my point, and moving on.

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,621 of 23,482
I hear ya! But I'm not commenting so much about the yays vs. the nays as I am about the apparent need some folks have to constantly chime in with the same points ad nauseum. I'm a firm believer in making my point, and moving on.

I agree, so I will make my feeble attempt at bringing this conversation back on topic, I decided to order both the HD-600 and HE-4 from Amazon. I will try both out . I will then keep the headphone that I find better suits my needs. I suspect this will still turn out to be a difficult decision.

Bob Graham

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #6,622 of 23,482
I agree, so I will make my feeble attempt at bringing this conversation back on topic, I decided to order both the HD-600 and HE-4 from Amazon. I will try both out . I will then keep the headphone that I find better suits my needs. I suspect this will still turn out to be a difficult decision.

Bob Graham

Excellent...what cables will you use? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #6,624 of 23,482
Just got my headphone holder. Good stuff!

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #6,625 of 23,482
Those are really great stands for the price. I have to remove the logo from it so I can use them on all of my cans, but I like them a lot.

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #6,626 of 23,482
  Those are really great stands for the price. I have to remove the logo from it so I can use them on all of my cans, but I like them a lot.

It's cheap, yeah. I got it from B&H for less than 19$ shipped.

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #6,628 of 23,482
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #6,629 of 23,482
You mean other headphones fall off if you leave the logo in place?
wink.gif

hehe I just feel weird about hanging my AKGs on them. It's like when you're cheating of your wife and you have to fold the pictures of her on the nightstand over so she isn't staring at you with those judging eyes.

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #6,630 of 23,482
  hehe I just feel weird about hanging my AKGs on them. It's like when you're cheating of your wife and you have to fold the pictures of her on the nightstand over so she isn't staring at you with those judging eyes.

She better not ever find out or else the next time you put on the HD600's you're gonna get more voltage between the ears than an electrostatic. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back