Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #6,646 of 23,482
  No! He's driving down the price of ALL my after market cables! 
eek.gif

He's my wife's silent hero...

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #6,648 of 23,482
BTW, it seems that my hearing is finally adapted and music listening is enjoyable again. Doesn't seem too bright and forward anymore.
I think I had some sort of inner ear inflammation, making it painful and overly sensitive.

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #6,650 of 23,482
  BTW, it seems that my hearing is finally adapted and music listening is enjoyable again. Doesn't seem too bright and forward anymore.
I think I had some sort of inner ear inflammation, making it painful and overly sensitive.

I think ones ears have tremendous ability to adapt. My hearing is below average. But I still can pick out a good pair of headphones or amp. My ears in what they can perceive must be picking up the right cues from somewhere, and the music reproduction shows up better accordingly.

Bob Graham

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #6,651 of 23,482
  The HD600 doesn't scale well, because it doesn't have to. If your amp can meet it's driving requirements, which are not the demanding, you will be in great shape. It's reasonable sensitive, any good amp that can get the right Vp-p (Peak to Peak Voltage) on a 300 Ohm load as well as deal the HD600's impedance curve will do a superb job. Actually the impedance curve shouldn't be an issue.

I completely disagree.  The HD600s scale tremendously well.  In fact, they are legendary for their scaling in all kinds of review and audiophile circles.  I have tried mine on many amps, and I can confirm they scale extremely well.  When driven by Trafomatic Head One, it's basically endgame for me.  On my FiiO E11, it's just the start of the journey. 

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #6,652 of 23,482

I completely disagree.  The HD600s scale tremendously well.  In fact, they are legendary for their scaling in all kinds of review and audiophile circles.  I have tried mine on many amps, and I can confirm they scale extremely well.  When driven by Trafomatic Head One, it's basically endgame for me.  On my FiiO E11, it's just the start of the journey. 

I think it's the game of diminishing returns at some point. Question is - where is the point?

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #6,654 of 23,482
I moved my iStreamer into my headphone rig replacing an LOD cable. 
The sound is even better especially as these amps need 2 vrms to sing.
This also got rid of some interference I was getting over the LOD cable - maybe because of the wifi in the iPad.

HRT is a good piece of kit...keeps it simple

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #6,656 of 23,482
Interesting...why did swap out a Burson and a V200 before getting your current DAC/amps.
Do they all sound the same or were the Burson and V200 flawed/colored
Is the O2 is perfectly transparent?
If O2 is transparent why buy the HDVD800?
I don't want to waste my $$$ if I can just get an O2 :eek: !
Thanks...Cheers!

Good question . Simply put, the v200 / O2 / hdvd800 sound the same. The burson had an audible noise floor. I hoped the hdvd800s higher output impedance would add a touch of warmth to the hd800 but I don't think it does( only done sighted comparisons with O2) I now use the hdvd800 because it looks pretty and I can have both my hd650/800 plugged in together and it has optical in for ps4. I use the O2 for se535s and nad viso hp50.

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #6,660 of 23,482
  This thread isn't exclusively about cables, it's about the HD600, right?

Boring...anyone with a brain knows the HD600s are the must have, best headphones ever.
I want talk about things we'll never agree about!
If you refuse to talk about cables we will resort to isolation...spikes vs sorbothane...your choice..cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back