sennheiser HD-25 good for noob?
Jul 10, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #17 of 110
I like the HD25-1 II a lot. I owned them for a couple of months and traded for a different headphone that suited my music better. If my music preferences were the same as yours, I would have kept them. Great punch, durable, incognito. They don't need an amp to sound good, but they respond nicely to an amp if and when you get around to it. I haven't heard the m50, so no comment there. Oh, I've demo'd the beats. You'll hear the difference, and I'll wager you'll like the HD25 more. I sure did.

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #18 of 110

Quote:
i was thinking of getting them from amazon used for 180, then i would probably have about 100 dollars left. shoud i buy them used or new? the condition says like new, but i dont know how accurate that is

that my friend is totally up to you. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #19 of 110
thanks aamefford and jamesprogger, this has really benefited my headphone searching experience. and i just found new adidas hd25's for 230 so i think ill go for those. also, ive been listening to skullcandys. whats the sound quality jump from skullcandys to hd25's?

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #20 of 110
You won't find Beats or Skullcandy recommended much on here. Sennheiser is an iconic brand that you can pretty much always rely on and the HD-25 1-ii is one of their classic, great headphone.

The only thing you might not like about them is the sound signature, but that is a personal preference thing, not that it's a bad headphone. And you won't know what your personal preference is until you try them.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #25 of 110
I have the e5 and its ok for smaller players, like the clip+, but i dont think its better than my zune headphone jack or my fatpot. maybe you can save the money and put up for another in the future, if you think you need it.

and that is a hell of a price for the adidas version

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #26 of 110
i am also one of those who can't decide between the M50 and HD-25-1.

To me, the hD25, looks the more versatile - at home use AND portable - (I also have read that they don't NEED an amp, and my friends who's a HP fanatic of sorts also agreed that the difference with an amp is not that big).
To me the biggest thing that draws me to the HD25 is that the cables are detachable (and that means upgradeable) and their go-anywhere looks and build. Those 2 aspects give them the edge over the M50 for me.

The Aiaiai TMA1 also intrigues me, but i haven't heard one - they are very much in the same league in a lot of things, removable cable, etc - they do win in the looks dept, though...and prices are similar...it's hard to decide...

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #27 of 110
I bought both the TMA-1 and the HD 25-1 ii at the same time and sold the TMA-1. It was just too bass heavy and muddy. The Senns were more detailed and punchy, which I preferred. Haven't owned the M50 so can't compare those.

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #29 of 110
He also has them for $200.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-HD-25-1-II-Originals-ADIDAS-Headphones-/120746233422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1d094e4e

Quote:
I use them with my Mini3 and it works perfect, but its 100$... sometimes I used it straight out of my zune and its good tho. the mini 3 improves the bass and specially the punch. 

where are you getting it? Razor dog at ebay has it at 215$, he's a sennheiser authorized dealer.

edit: actually 209$ http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-HD-25-1-II-Originals-ADIDAS-Headphones-NEW_W0QQitemZ200626794538QQihZ010QQcategoryZ40137QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #30 of 110

Quote:
in terms of bass, how are the sennheiser hd 25's? ive heard its powerful but not overwhelming...

it is not a headphone for bassheads, and it does really well with faster music because it never sounds congested.

Curious fact, I can head more bass and punch out of the ipod unamped than with the mini3.
but
I can hear more bass and punch out of the zune+mini3 than anything else.

its always a good sound quality tho-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back