sennheiser HD-25 good for noob?
Jul 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #31 of 110
The HD-25's have the perfect amount of bass for fast paced music/aggressive. Yea, not for bassheads. ^

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #32 of 110
got my sennheisers today
biggrin.gif

first impression, they are quite smaller than i expected. not good or bad, just a fact.in the looks division, they are amazing. much better than beats
cool.gif
. glad i got adidas.

In the comfort division, they are extremely comfortable. love the split band.pads amazing. only thing is, i can only swivel the ear pad on one side. i dont know if thats how its supposed to be, but it doesnt matter to me as i am not a dj.

the cable is the perfect size, and it seems extremely rugged. you would have to hack at it with a sword to break it.  the plug is massive, seems kind of unruly for ipod usage.

now, soundwise. it is beautiful.  i compared my skullcandys and sennheisers, and i must say, the vocals are about the same. obviously im not an audiophile, but to me, they seemed somewhat on the same level. however, everything except the vocals on the skullcandys seem somewhat far off compared to the sennheisers. when i place the hd-25's on, every detail of the song is right there. also, the sennheisers have extremely good isolation. overall, purely based on sound quality, i would price the sennheisers around 165 dollars.  however, the ruggedness, good looks, comfort, and complete isolation easily make the sennheiser hd 25 adidas version a steal at 209 dollars.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #37 of 110
im new too and just got my senny's in hd 25s too :). i also ordered a fio e11(for pure portable amp not a dac) but havent got those yet. i second "day's" approval of em as i am just as blown away and have only listened to them for about 3 hours now... if they get better than this i might die lol. but my questions was going to be... : with the e11 from fio will the bass be a bit more? its the only place i felt it lacked any... and would the amp maybe make it easier for me to tell the difference between ALAC and 320 mp3? as i am having trouble trying to decide with format to choose since i cant really tell a discernable difference yet... but its coming from the jack of my HP pavillion if that makes any differnces... new brand new vid card but idt it had any sound card upgrades... sooo any advice/help?

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #38 of 110
no experience with the E11 but my amp sure makes it more hard hitting and makes them grow some more bass bosy. The fiio E11 has a bass boost, So maybe that help you, dunno if for good or bad. but would have to be really terrible to make these headphones sound bad.

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #39 of 110
thanx for the thought. but isnt all the fios "E" series in numerical order growing in quality and functionality? like isnt e5 better than e3 like e3->e5->e7->e9->e11 of course besides the E9 being a dac and compatible with their heavier duty amplifiers... and would u suppose( since u dont have an e11) that it is/will be of quality to be good for desktop or should i save money for a seperate model for desktop and use e11 as the traveler when i get it? any recommendations on this? p.s if u have the input id like a couple of different recommendations for differnt price ranges like $30-$60. $60-$90. $90-$120++

Jul 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #41 of 110
it did help thanx :) maybe when i get up some more money again ill try and compare the
[size=inherit][size=inherit]JDSLABS CMOYBB with my comming fio e11
 thanx again :)

p.s i suppose the thunbs up is this forums +rep button? . i know its irelevant but does this forum give much wait on "rep" at all? is it even appreciated at like say a modding site(hiveworkahop.com thehelper.com)?
[/size]
[/size]

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #42 of 110

Quote:
it did help thanx :) maybe when i get up some more money again ill try and compare the
[size=inherit][size=inherit]JDSLABS CMOYBB with my comming fio e11
 thanx again :)

p.s i suppose the thunbs up is this forums +rep button? . i know its irelevant but does this forum give much wait on "rep" at all? is it even appreciated at like say a modding site(hiveworkahop.com thehelper.com)?
[/size]
[/size]

never tried either the cmoy or the e11, I only own the Mini3 and i think its enough for me, I would certanly appreciate something less bulky tho.

and that button is only to vote up the post, it doesnt fo more, actually i dont know whats the point hehe, funny.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #43 of 110
so whats the "junior head-fier" thing and the "headphoneus supremus" is that based on post count?

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #45 of 110

Quote:
so whats the "junior head-fier" thing and the "headphoneus supremus" is that based on post count?

yes, post count.

Quote:
Staggering to hear someone say the HD25's are extremely comfortable.

I have two pairs, and the oldest one, has very low clamp force and its very comfortable with velour pads. i have wear it for 4 hours straight and have no complains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back