[Senn IE8] Best graph evar!
Jan 10, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #61 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha... I'll give it to you. Even after I've come to such a firm decision that I will love the IE8, only you still give me doubt
biggrin.gif

In your place I would base my choice on opinions of majority....

Quote:

The part about not having any top treble past 14-15kHz I'm just not even going to believe. I'm sorry, but I've specifically asked people about this, and they confirmed hearing +18kHz clearly.

This is also mystery for me, I can't comment....may be my pair is defective...

Quote:

The rest of what you said I will have to test for myself when I get mine. But it just really doesn't seem like you enjoy them.

Well, I concider them to be worse then my RE0(160$) and OK1(220$) overall, but in special cases (listening to electronic music in a subway) this extreme warmth of IE8 makes them extremely good and even preferable. In general extra warmth while bad in home environment becomes very in place on the nosy street for some reason. I keep them only for their insane comfort. Sometimes I feel more comfortable with them in my ears then without anything...
smily_headphones1.gif
and they do worth 200EUR in may case, but I wouldn't pay more then this.

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #62 of 132
Quote:

Hahaha... I'll give it to you. Even after I've come to such a firm decision that I will love the IE8, only you still give me doubt
biggrin.gif
. The part about not having any top treble past 14-15kHz I'm just not even going to believe. I'm sorry, but I've specifically asked people about this, and they confirmed hearing +18kHz clearly. The rest of what you said I will have to test for myself when I get mine. But it just really doesn't seem like you enjoy them.

Yes it plays 18KHz well. I did a frequency sweep with it and it extends up to 18KHz. But when it plays music, it has little prominence and shrill in 6-12 KHz region.
Being a very sensitive IEM, it gives some harshness sometimes depending on the source and music. But I would say it is better now with 60 hrs of heavy burning. One thing is; if you listen to low bit rate music, you are in trouble. I enjoyed it very well with my sansa Fuze and FLACs. Even SonyS639F with 320KBPS music. For some reason it is bit harsh, when I try with my DA100 > Gs-1 combo. They are supposed to be very neutral gear!

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #63 of 132
I hate to say this because it's as lame of an excuse as saying "try a different source" for Westone 3 problems, but I have seriously heard of the IE8 doing a 180 after well over 100 hours (I'm sure you're aware of this, but just as a sidenote for those scanning the threads).

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #64 of 132
For Westone 3 problems it's different, and rather "try to achieve a different fit".

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #65 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For Westone 3 problems it's different, and rather "try to achieve a different fit".

I know, but for those who have tried all the different fits and still have problems, people will pull out the "try a different source" card
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #67 of 132
Quote:

Hehehe no, then try a different earphone.
ksc75smile.gif

X2

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #68 of 132
Seriously anyway, it's not granted that you won't like the IE8, especially if you like bass, soundstage and are not a clarity freak.
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #69 of 132
Quote:

Seriously anyway, it's not granted that you won't like the IE8, especially if you like bass, soundstage and are not a clarity freak.
biggrin.gif

I'm very positive that I will like the IE8. And no, I'm not a clarity freak. All I'm hoping for is that it is better than the SE530 in most respects.

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #70 of 132
The IE8 doesn't deliver on clarity?

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #71 of 132
Quote:

I'm very positive that I will like the IE8. And no, I'm not a clarity freak. All I'm hoping for is that it is better than the SE530 in most respects.

It's very possible, from what I can gather. Maybe, though, some "steely" details might come out more clearly with the SE530, but from my side it's just speculation as I haven't heard the IE8 myself, and I am basing my assumption from a couple of graphs and more than a few impressions from people I consider reliable (including Lelek).

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #72 of 132
Well, I love my SE530, but I've heard from several people that the IE8 bests the SE530 in everything (literally) except isolation and mid presence.

So I can only hope.

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #74 of 132
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #75 of 132
I've been back to back testing my SF5pro with my IE8, and I don't know, but I seem to be preferring my SF5pro in some situations.........

The IE8 had an unbelievable soundstage and really good vocals, but for stuff like audioslave it lacks the "rawness" of the SF5pro. Having said that, now I'm finding the SF5pro a bit tiring to listen to, and for sections where there are very busy guitar solos, the SF5pro can sound quiet muddy. Maybe TF10pro or W3 would be a better fit for me??

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back