[Senn IE8] Best graph evar!
Jan 11, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #106 of 132
Whatever the tone profile, these beauties have magnificent sound-stage and air, I have never heard of with an IEM. Just takes my breath away! I am just listening to some ambient music. OMG!! Magical imaging!

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #107 of 132
And I see this at online tracking for my W3!
L3000.gif

11-01-2009 22:52 National Hub Sorted in hub
21:50 International Hub En route to delivery depot
21:47 International Hub Arrived in destination country
13:20 Delivery Agent - CHICAGO

wink.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #108 of 132
W3's bass is not far away from IE8's bass. May be there is no mid-bass as much as IE8 does. After 100 hrs of burning mid bass hump is almost gone.
As I told in another thread IE8 has most beautiful sound-stage and imaging I have ever heard in an IEM. Simply stunning.
W3 has its strong points. I will do a proper comparison as time goes.

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #109 of 132
untitled-2.jpg

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #110 of 132
I mean all the mid bass bloat is gone. It has done a complete turn in its tone profile. Highs are much improved much but not as much as Bass. It lacks a little sparkle and speed than W3. But some times it gives more realistic treble response, specially when listening to classical and live performances.
I would continue to burn it. But original graph does not do any justice to IE8 at all. If you get a very good seal W3 has more bass in quantity than IE8 now in comparison. I may have to adjust the bass knob a little if it changes more.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #112 of 132
Awesome to hear. That's exactly what I was hoping would happen after burning in. Thanks for keeping us updated, kaushama.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #113 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kaushama, when will the review ready? :p

I need few other comparisons to complete it. I mean few other genres of music and reference tracks.
But I like both W3 and IE8 for different reasons. TF10 has a design flaw so that I can not use it. I think many do.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #114 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W3's bass is not far away from IE8's bass. May be there is no mid-bass as much as IE8 does. After 100 hrs of burning mid bass hump is almost gone.
As I told in another thread IE8 has most beautiful sound-stage and imaging I have ever heard in an IEM. Simply stunning.
W3 has its strong points. I will do a proper comparison as time goes.

Man, all I am reading is making me giddy, an I never get giddy! I am close to hearing these for the first time...

"Your item, posted on 14/01/09 with reference XXXXXXXXXXXXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #115 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, all I am reading is making me giddy, an I never get giddy! I am close to hearing these for the first time...

"Your item, posted on 14/01/09 with reference XXXXXXXXXXXXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I've had that same message for a few days now, and it's bothering the heck out of me.

Try putting your tracking number into USPS.com. Their message sounds like the package hasn't even left the UK yet.

AHHHH the wait is torture.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #116 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had that same message for a few days now, and it's bothering the heck out of me.

Try putting your tracking number into USPS.com. Their message sounds like the package hasn't even left the UK yet.

AHHHH the wait is torture.

I agree as I just checked the USPS...

"Status: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece. "

I guess I can handle the wait due to the price, and because I picked up a $6 KSC75 (which I am listening to now), and I should have my Phonak Audeo PFE tomorrow!

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #118 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannabizzz776n99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see a lot people here have IE 8 with Sony DAP, I'd like to ask about synergy between these elements. I'm concerned that this combination may be too warm, I like warm sound but no overheating
smily_headphones1.gif

anyone?
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #119 of 132
As you can see i have lots of sony DAPs..

I found A729 (same as A82x) has the better sound with IE8, as the extension to be a bit better. My S739 (same as S63x) sounds is warmer in mid-bass so appears to be a bit more dry. but only noticeable to me when I compare them side by side.

As ur concern, I think I can relate to that. Actually I was a big fan of sony's "MegaBass" and now "ClearBass". But after over 2 months with IE8, I now listen to most of my songs (including hip-hop and some trance tracks) with ClearBass to be totally OFF.

I still listen to some tracks with ClearBass to be +1 though ---- Kaskade sounds AMAZING with the huge soundstage. I think they sounds good with CB is because he doesn't use much of bass (the instrument) in his tracks. Some The State of Trance sounds great with CB too, might relate to the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back